Rubber grommets for internal cabling coming loose on 2014 sight.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Rubber grommets for internal cabling coming loose on 2014 sight.

Not a huge problem but very irritating. The rubber grommets (boots) where the cabling enters and exits the frame keep coming loose, is anyone else having this issue? What can I do to help alleviate this? It's mostly happening where all the cables are at the tube head.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hi Jimmy
    I have had 2, 2014 Carbon Sights, one was a demo, pre-production model I had for 6 weeks prior to December last year to meet a couple of race commitments, the other is now my own personal bike.
    There were several differences between the 2 models, one of which was the cable grommets.
    Luckily I took a photo of the demo, this, I assume is how yours is set up. Notice the two piece grommet:

This is the set up on my bike. They have removed the second piece from the grommet so that only the frame component remains.
    I might suggest you dump the little piece that keeps coming loose.

Hope this helps
    Jeff

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks for the reply Jeff, that is exactly what I was talking about. I think I will just take those outer grommets off.

Just out of curiosity what where the other differences that you took note of, just cosmetic things?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybjj View Post
    Just out of curiosity what where the other differences that you took note of, just cosmetic things?
    The main things that come to mind other than the cable grommets were the tyres.
    The Demo came with Onza Ibex 2.35's, I dunno about the US but Onza tyres are almost unheard of in Australia. They are also much heavier than the Std Ardents.
    The shock tune also feels different when comparing the two. My bike seems more progressive where as the demo seemed to blow straight through.
    Hard to confirm with just seat of the pants riding though.
    One other very minor thing was the size sticker [M] on the demo appeared to have been just slapped on, off centre and covering the THT sticker on the top tube as you can see from the photos.
    All these things put together smacked of a bike thrown together in a hurry to get it on the boat to Australia for a demo. Not that I am complaining, they ley me have it for 6 weeks free of charge : )

Brilliant bike, love it.