Range sizing advice for someone 5 11ish?- Mtbr.com
    ADD
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Range sizing advice for someone 5 11ish?

Any one familiar with Range sizing? I'm 5' 10.5" with a 34" inseam. Guessing that puts me on a medium. I fit a large Santa Cruz and medium for Yeti and Pivot. Would be inclined towards a 24" TT, but that is in between their medium and large.

Thanks

ADD
    mtbr member
    May 2010
    Saw the Sight thread. Think a large with a shorter stem if required would do it.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    just to add data - at almost the same height but shorter legs - 32" inseam I'm a Large SC, Medium Norco, Medium Pivot. You could also be on a large Norco but I favour smaller bikes so ymmv
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member

Range sizing advice for someone 5 11ish?

I'm the same height and like you I'm a large in Santa Cruz (ran a 70mm stem on the Bronson). Was medium on the Pivot Mach 5.7 because the seat tube was so tall, but the large was better on the Mach 6 due to the shortish reach.
    Now I'm on the Range and went with the large with a 50mm stem. Totally happy and prefer the feel with a shorter stem. Still nimble enough despite the long front centre.
    I always lean towards a larger size and feel they handle better but it'll always come down to personal preference in the end.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm 5'11" 33" inseam and was able to get on both a M and a L Sight. I bought the large as the stand over was not a issue, but the reach on the large made me feel "inside" the bike. When I was standing and peddling on the medium my legs felt cramped and didn't want to put a bigger stem on it. All I can say though is try to get on both and make a decision that way, you're at that lucky height that you're right in the middle of the sizing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and after going on extended rides with both, and sitting on both sizes on quite a few occasions, decided on the 2014 medium.

I come from a more urban/dirt jumping background so I like the smaller cockpit.

My question for the original poster is, are you looking to use it as a trail bike? Or as a bike to bomb down the steep stuff. I really appreciate the medium on the trails, but if I am bombing a trail with big jumps/drops I think the large would have been better.