Norco revolver FS 2020-- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2020

Norco revolver FS 2020-

I think such a great bike deserves a thread. I don't have it yet, but I am planning to build one soon.
    I noticed that there are not many reviews of this bike, couple of first ride reviews and some more details on Marathon MTB, and I wonder what is the reason.

How many of you here have this bike? What are the impressions? Could somebody compare it to the previous iteration of the Revolver? In my opinion, that comparison would be very interesting since it is old school vs new school geometry.

The thing that concerns me a bit is super long reach and steep (for an XC bike) STA. Is there are too much pressure on hands on flats and not so steep hills?

All comments, photos and links are highly welcomed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    If you've ridden a traditional XC race bike from recent years, the revolver feels largely the same as far as forward hand pressure. The reach gets long on paper but then the ESTA makes it feel much shorter. It's weird and reach is starting to become a semi useless number because it feels so damn different on different bikes.

mtbr member
    I’m picking up a Revolver FS 100 frame set this week, planning to build it up with a 120mm fork as an XC/marathon race and training bike. At some point I may look at getting a second shock with 45mm stroke to make it 120/120 light weight trail rocket.

Thinking the somewhat muted response to this bike in general might be due to limited availability? Despite officially launching in April 2019 there were no frames of any size available and Norco was unable to give me clear availability info as of December/January. I actually noticed they had the XL frame set listed as available on their website last week, contacted them and was told it was the last/only one, so I grabbed it. Maybe they’re putting their production focus on Optic/Sight, or maybe this is a result of tariff issues?

Anyway, looking forward to building this up and I’ll post pictures and weights as I do so.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by loshmi View Post

The thing that concerns me a bit is super long reach and steep (for an XC bike) STA. Is there are too much pressure on hands on flats and not so steep hills?
    I've got a FS1 120mm...

The Norco, with its long reach and short stem, feels no different to how I've setup other bikes. The steep STA has resulted in me finally having a saddle clamped in the middle of its rails, rather than slid all the way forward. My overall body position is similar to other xc bikes, it does feel aggressive for a 120mm bike, but as a primary XC rider, that's what I prefer.

Only got a couple rides in on it before winter hit, so only limited experience so far. I do notice the slack HTA on tight uphill switchbacks, takes a little more body language to swing the bike around. That slackness pays off on the DH and when charging hard. It pedals well, that's to say, it just does its thing and had no noticeable quirks. Being an xc guy, I only missed the lockout on the road and a little when standing to sprint.

Again, I need more time on it to form an opinion, but initial impressions are very good! I've got a Orbea Oiz 100mm, built up light for race duty. The Norco feels alot more solid and smooth on the trail, probably partly due to the extra travel and weight. I think I'll enjoy the Norco more for tooling around... might even try it in 100mm guise for a better comparison.

The FS1 comes with some nice parts on it, for the price. The wheelset in particular is nice, 240s hubs 1600g weight. I didn't like the CB dropper though, felt slow, so changed that out. And the aluminum bars are pig's, ~350g, they had to go.

I'll post pics and overall weight soonish. Pics of mtbs on workstands are depressing, they should be in their natural environment.

mtbr member
    Working on building up the Revolver FS100 frame. A few build notes:

-The frame is not particularly light, my XL came in at right around 6lbs for frame plus shock, rear axle and collar. Heavier (though only by a few ounces) than other bikes in the category such as the Sniper, Mach4SL, and Blur. The frame seems built to endure though, big ol' bearings, solid hardware and large tubes. I know Norco does size-specific tube shapes and layups (i.e. beefier on XL than on smaller sizes) so possible smaller sizes are a good deal lighter. As I'm ~190lbs and 6'3", ride hard and have broken frames in the past, I'm happy to have a few ounces of additional weight if it's reflected in a solid ride.

-Cable routing is a pain in the ass with this bike. Last several I've built have had the tubes-in-tubes thing, this one does not; routing remote lockout cables means extra hassle as well. Some fishing around and mild profanity required to get everything set up, and it's definitely necessary to remove BB and fork to run new cables. Hopefully doing it right the first time and won't need to mess with any of it for a while.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Thinking the somewhat muted response to this bike in general might be due to limited availability? Despite officially launching in April 2019 there were no frames of any size available and Norco was unable to give me clear availability info as of December/January. I actually noticed they had the XL frame set listed as available on their website last week, contacted them and was told it was the last/only one, so I grabbed it. Maybe they’re putting their production focus on Optic/Sight, or maybe this is a result of tariff issues?

Anyway, looking forward to building this up and I’ll post pictures and weights as I do so.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, the pure availability might be the reason for very few of these bikes out in the wild.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    I've got a FS1 120mm...

The Norco, with its long reach and short stem, feels no different to how I've setup other bikes. The steep STA has resulted in me finally having a saddle clamped in the middle of its rails, rather than slid all the way forward. My overall body position is similar to other xc bikes, it does feel aggressive for a 120mm bike, but as a primary XC rider, that's what I prefer.

Only got a couple rides in on it before winter hit, so only limited experience so far. I do notice the slack HTA on tight uphill switchbacks, takes a little more body language to swing the bike around. That slackness pays off on the DH and when charging hard. It pedals well, that's to say, it just does its thing and had no noticeable quirks. Being an xc guy, I only missed the lockout on the road and a little when standing to sprint.

Again, I need more time on it to form an opinion, but initial impressions are very good! I've got a Orbea Oiz 100mm, built up light for race duty. The Norco feels alot more solid and smooth on the trail, probably partly due to the extra travel and weight. I think I'll enjoy the Norco more for tooling around... might even try it in 100mm guise for a better comparison.

The FS1 comes with some nice parts on it, for the price. The wheelset in particular is nice, 240s hubs 1600g weight. I didn't like the CB dropper though, felt slow, so changed that out. And the aluminum bars are pig's, ~350g, they had to go.

I'll post pics and overall weight soonish. Pics of mtbs on workstands are depressing, they should be in their natural environment.
    Thanks for the reply.
    My plan is to build it to be kind in the middle of those two bikes. I will have 100 mm shock and I will put 110 mm fork.
    I would say it is an interesting choice to have both of these bikes since they are very close in the application, but I agree it is very nice .
    What about climbing when you compare it to Oiz, I mean efficiency. Does it bob a lot?
    Does it have a clear advantage on DHs compared to the OIZ? Do you have dropper installed on OIZ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Working on building up the Revolver FS100 frame. A few build notes:

-The frame is not particularly light, my XL came in at right around 6lbs for frame plus shock, rear axle and collar. Heavier (though only by a few ounces) than other bikes in the category such as the Sniper, Mach4SL, and Blur. The frame seems built to endure though, big ol' bearings, solid hardware and large tubes. I know Norco does size-specific tube shapes and layups (i.e. beefier on XL than on smaller sizes) so possible smaller sizes are a good deal lighter. As I'm ~190lbs and 6'3", ride hard and have broken frames in the past, I'm happy to have a few ounces of additional weight if it's reflected in a solid ride.

-Cable routing is a pain in the ass with this bike. Last several I've built have had the tubes-in-tubes thing, this one does not; routing remote lockout cables means extra hassle as well. Some fishing around and mild profanity required to get everything set up, and it's definitely necessary to remove BB and fork to run new cables. Hopefully doing it right the first time and won't need to mess with any of it for a while.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was hoping that XL with seat clamp and without rear axle would be around 2600 grams, so I guess what I am hearing is not far from it.
    We are around the same proportions (6' 3.5" and 195 lbs), so I am very curious to hear how it will fit you.
    I don't care much about cable routing since I am planning to do it once and leave it for as long as possible .
    Please post some pics soon .

mtbr member
    Here ya go, freshly build XL here. Still need to heat-shrink the tubing around cables, but otherwise ready to ride.

Norco revolver FS 2020--img_0215.jpg
    Norco revolver FS 2020--img_0217.jpgNorco revolver FS 2020--img_0218.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Wow, such a cool bike.
    I will also use SC 34.
    What is the width of the handlebar?
    Is there any chance that something like this (https://fidlock-bike.us/collections/...e-450-uni-base) will fit on the seat tube?
    Or maybe on the down tube, close to the head tube, something like Pivot did with Mach 4.
    What kind of remote lock lever are you using?

Thanks,

mtbr member
    I was able to sneak out for a shakedown ride this morning. The bike absolutely rips, really enjoying the more stretched out position and steeper STA. I was concerned it'd be uncomfortable on flat trails, but I find it just allows for better control of the front wheel and climbing is really excellent. I'm going to enjoy racing and training on this bike.

I'm running 800mm OneUp riser bars. No complaints so far.

Not sure about the Fidlock gizmo, but there's certainly plenty of room in the front triangle of an XL as you can see. There are 3 bottle mount points, I have my cage in the lower 2 but will probably move it up to make it easier to grab.

I'm using a RS Twistloc remote. The frame shock is twist-to-lock so I added the appropriate remote head to the damper stanchion of my 34 (it used to be non-remote.) Seems to work well; the fork doesn't fully lock out, but rather goes to "trail" mode. I actually like this setup, as a twist basically gives you a hardtail with a very damped fork.

Norco revolver FS 2020--img_0228-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Got out for a couple early season laps.

Changed out the bars, dropper and brakes of the stock FS1 120. Partly for weight, other part personal preferences. It's sitting at ~26lbs without pedals on bathroom scales. I'll update with a more accurate measurement when can.

I'll need more time to make a final judgment, but so far, I'm digging the bike.

My only complaint is the fitment of the water bottle in medium frame. Have to mount the cage in bottom position to enable a full size bottle to clear the shock. It's a bit of a reach down to grab it. Apparently this is less of an issue with a Fox shock. https://marathonmtb.com/2019/08/17/m...er-team-bikes/

On a more positive note, the geometry/suspension feels really sorted. On the road ride to trails I kept wishing for a remote lockout. It's not that there is a lot of suspension movement, maybe 10 mm worth, I'm just used to remotes. But on the dirt, never gave it a second thought. The bike pedals really really well. It just goes about its business and feels very solid and composed.

Hit a couple of PRs, up and down, which is good sign after spending the last 3 months on skis or a trainer.

mtbr member
    Looks good man! Headed off for my second ride on mine shortly.

Re: shock, I noticed this bike takes the same Fox shock spec (190x45mm) that comes standard on the new Trek Top Fuel. That bike specs with a lockout. So you can pretty easily find take-offs from Top Fuels on eBay or other sites, if you want to try running it with a Fox lockout shock. I may do that as a longer-legged option as I got the FS100 frame with the short travel shock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Looks good man! Headed off for my second ride on mine shortly.

Re: shock, I noticed this bike takes the same Fox shock spec (190x45mm) that comes standard on the new Trek Top Fuel. That bike specs with a lockout. So you can pretty easily find take-offs from Top Fuels on eBay or other sites, if you want to try running it with a Fox lockout shock. I may do that as a longer-legged option as I got the FS100 frame with the short travel shock.
    Thanks for the info about shocks. I may end up going that direction. The bike doesn't 'need' a remote lockout, especially not on the trails. But I prefer to have them. The RS shock with its manual lever which needs to turn 180 degrees is kind of a pain too.

Beyond that...

The more I ride the bike, the more I love it. It's the perfect mile muncher. If I had bought this before my other race bike, I would have just stuck with this. Man, is it fast and fun!!

How close is yours setup to Norco recommendations Drew? I've added an extra 5 psi in the shock and a spacer under stem (none is recommended), everything else at spec. I might add a volume spacer in shock... just want to see how it feels vs the added pressure. Not sure it needs it, just like playing.

Overall, the bike is killer. It goes completely unnoticed during a ride, which is a good thing!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info about shocks. I may end up going that direction. The bike doesn't 'need' a remote lockout, especially not on the trails. But I prefer to have them. The RS shock with its manual lever which needs to turn 180 degrees is kind of a pain too.

Beyond that...

The more I ride the bike, the more I love it. It's the perfect mile muncher. If I had bought this before my other race bike, I would have just stuck with this. Man, is it fast and fun!!

How close is yours setup to Norco recommendations Drew? I've added an extra 5 psi in the shock and a spacer under stem (none is recommended), everything else at spec. I might add a volume spacer in shock... just want to see how it feels vs the added pressure. Not sure it needs it, just like playing.

Overall, the bike is killer. It goes completely unnoticed during a ride, which is a good thing!
    Yeah, I'm loving this bike so far. Setting PRs both uphill and down on my local XC loops.

I'm on the FS100 so shorter-stroke shock. I added 5-10PSI over recommended, which gave a good suspension feel when pedaling and descending, but I found I was hitting bottom on the shock on bigger (though still not all that big) hits. I thought I'd add some volume spacers, but opening it up I see there are already 3 installed. I need to check with RS or Norco on max spacers allowed in that shock, not sure how many more I can put in.

I did get a Fox 190x45 from eBay, which I'll install in the meantime. A remote-lockable 120/120 version of this bike should be pretty great for marathon as well as XCO-type racing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Hi,

How close to the rear tire are those cables under the bottom bracket? Any problems with cables touching the tire or chainring while riding?

How good is the tire clearance with 2.35" tires with the frame and cables?

I am trying to figure out if this bike would be a option for me and those cables under the bottom bracket just looked bit worrying. Just because I don't have experience with a bike that has similar cable routing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    I am trying to figure out if this bike would be a option for me and those cables under the bottom bracket just looked bit worrying. Just because I don't have experience with a bike that has similar cable routing.
    Every single full sus rocky mountain for the past couple years has routing like that and I've seen thousands of them and have yet to hear anyone have an issue with the cables, with the exception of making them so short the suspension doesn't function (there was a recall related to this a few years back).

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    May I kindly ask one of you guys on XL Revolvers to measure the distance marked with the green line when the saddle height (blue line) is set to 83 cm?

I would really appreciate that.
    Additionally, and info about the number of spacers under the stem and stem height would be great.

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norco revolver FS 2020--question.jpg  

mtbr member
    On my XL, the green line is 69.5cm. That is with the top of my stem cap 8cm above top of head tube.

It's a long bike; on my XL Ripmo this same measurement is about 64cm. But, I find that this give is a "down to business" feel, and really good tracking on flatter terrain when seated; the front wheel is engaged despite relatively slack front end. And downhill, you drop the seat and it's ready to party.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    On my XL, the green line is 69.5cm. That is with the top of my stem cap 8cm above top of head tube.

It's a long bike; on my XL Ripmo this same measurement is about 64cm. But, I find that this give is a "down to business" feel, and really good tracking on flatter terrain when seated; the front wheel is engaged despite relatively slack front end. And downhill, you drop the seat and it's ready to party.
    Thank you so much. This is super useful.
    This fit is perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020

Norco Revolver FS120 AXS

I picked up my medium Norco FS120 AXS in Jan. It was 12kg stock with pedals. I have slightly lighter 2.25 Schwalbe Tyres on it at the moment, XTR pedals, Power2Max powermeter and a 34 Absolute Black oval chain ring. It's weight is about 11.6kg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norco revolver FS 2020--norco-fs120-axs.jpeg  

Last edited by JaseK; 04-03-2020 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Missed revolver from the title

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I got my Large fs120-1 but haven't ridden it yet. I would like around 25lbs so I have some xtr pedals coming and I ordered a new dropper. The crank bros one is a lead weight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee View Post
    I got my Large fs120-1 but haven't ridden it yet. I would like around 25lbs so I have some xtr pedals coming and I ordered a new dropper. The crank bros one is a lead weight.
    FYI, the aluminum handlebars on the FS1 are heavy also, ~350g if I remember correctly. The X1 carbon cranks are ~560g, wheels ~1650g (with tape/valves).

Keen to hear your thoughts after riding the bike!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JaseK View Post
    I picked up my medium Norco FS120 AXS in Jan. It was 12kg stock with pedals. I have slightly lighter 2.25 Schwalbe Tyres on it at the moment, XTR pedals, Power2Max powermeter and a 34 Absolute Black oval chain ring. It's weight is about 11.6kg
    Looks nice with the subtle matching blue.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Thanks. I changed the grips to the ODI F-1 SERIES VAPOR GRIPS, which are comfortable but not very hard wearing. I cut the bars to 760mm which is the same as my enduro bike but might go down to 740/750.

I will be using it for the BC Bike Race maybe in 2021 now.

On a separate note, does anyone know where I can get a hanger or what code/type it is.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    In your box of stuff, manuals and reflectors, you have a bell and a spare hanger.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    913015-001-2 Hanger
    Norco.com down at the bottom of the first page is technical manuals that list everything.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Changed droper to a KS integra, tires to 2.25 thunder burts, bar to a RaceFace next ralley with 20mm cut off. Added a carbon bottle cage and XTR pedals. My bike is a size Large.
    I was aiming for 25lbs but I am not dissatisfied. I have owned sub 23lb duallys but that was a 100mm bike without a dropper.
    Only taken for a quick spin so far. Our trails are still mud baths Norco revolver FS 2020--20200411_162039.jpgNorco revolver FS 2020--20200411_162226.jpgso I have been riding my HT.

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    Changed droper to a KS integra, tires to 2.25 thunder burts, bar to a RaceFace next ralley with 20mm cut off. Added a carbon bottle cage and XTR pedals. My bike is a size Large.
    I was aiming for 25lbs but I am not dissatisfied. I have owned sub 23lb duallys but that was a 100mm bike without a dropper.
    Only taken for a quick spin so far. Our trails are still mud baths Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_162039.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	1323845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_162226.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	462.1 KB 
ID:	1323847so I have been riding my HT.
    Man, you have a giant set of [email protected] riding a Thunderburt in the front.

I was on the fence about getting one of these bikes, but the weight really has me thinking otherwise.

My OIZ weighs 21.75 lbs and my Orange Stage 4 with heavy Ohlins suspension weighs 25.8 lbs. Both are without dropper but that is only 1 more pound.

So, I don't see any advantage in selling either for this bike.

They look cool though.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    IDK, I think that's just what bikes weigh now. I was down at the shop and one of the racers was building their new RM Element. It was just shy of 24lbs, no dropper and size small.

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    IDK, I think that's just what bikes weigh now. I was down at the shop and one of the racers was building their new RM Element. It was just shy of 24lbs, no dropper and size small.
    Not being a D, but your statement doesn't make any sense. I just said above what my bikes weigh. Both are new bikes.

So its not what bikes are weighing. The guy above is running Thunderburts and his bike is still over 25 lbs. The Norco is just a heavy bike. I wouldn't want to use it for XC racing.

There are new Ripley's being built in the 24-25 pound range.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    A medium ripley is 5lbs without a shock? A 24--25 Ripley would have to have a very light build for a Large to weigh that. It wouldn't work for me.
    I believe what your bikes weigh but most people throw out numbers. My last Element was just shy of 23lbs. I don't think they sell one that light now.

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Size medium, not large and that bike does not have pedals. I think bikes should go on a scale the way they should be ridden. Cage, pedals, sealer, dropper.

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    Size medium, not large and that bike does not have pedals. I think bikes should go on a scale the way they should be ridden. Cage, pedals, sealer, dropper.
    Yes, I said it was a medium. It was used as an example.

How difficult is it to determine the weight for a size large with the pedals of your choice?

Everyone is capable of doing simple math.

The Ibis Ripley is a trail bike, that in a size Large, with pedals would still be lighter than a lot of Norco Revolvers that are marketed as an XC bike.

Let's just face the facts. It's a heavy bike. Whether that bothers the perspective buyer or not is up to them.

But, let's not assume this is the norm. Especially for XC bikes.

Here is an XL with 2.5 WT Assegai Downhill tires that weights 28.86 lbs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGxPE6uOsQw

I think the large Revolver that Pinkbike did a story on was 28.75 lbs
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/norco-...irst-ride.html
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    We obviously come from different areas.
    I agree the Revolver is not light. As said I have owned lighter bikes.
    When I go to a local race I do not see light bikes anymore. A 25lb race bike is the norm around here. Most people are using droppers and no one has narrow rims anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw a 100mm fork.

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    A medium ripley is 5lbs without a shock?
    Actually a size Large is.
    https://forums.mtbr.com/ibis/ibis-ri...bs-844974.html
    by Silentfoe

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    We obviously come from different areas.
    I agree the Revolver is not light. As said I have owned lighter bikes.
    When I go to a local race I do not see light bikes anymore. A 25lb race bike is the norm around here. Most people are using droppers and no one has narrow rims anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw a 100mm fork.
    What types of bikes are at your bike races and where to you race? Maybe that has something to do with it.

My Oiz has a 120mm 34 SC and weighs 21.75 lbs WITH pedals - in a size Large
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerort View Post
    What types of bikes are at your bike races and where to you race? Maybe that has something to do with it.

My Oiz has a 120mm 34 SC and weighs 21.75 lbs WITH pedals - in a size Large
    It all comes down to the frame weight and the weight of the parts that are must for the specific frame. I believe almost all parts from your Oiz, except, maybe, rear thru axle, headset, and BB could be moved to the Revolver frame. In that case, revolver would be around 23 lbs since I think a difference in frame + shock is around 1 lb (400-500 gr). I am not a fan of the bikes that rely on flex to remove pivots, so I would take the weight penalty gladly since it make 4-6 % of total bike weight. I also like the fact that Norco is using beefier carbon layout on larger frames since I need XL frame, so again a trade off I am willing to take.
    Last edited by loshmi; 04-14-2020 at 08:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Can confirm that the Revolver is not the lightest frame. My last bike was an Intense Sniper XC; the XL Revolver frame+shock is about 400g heavier than the Intense.

BUT, for my riding and my size (6'3"/185lbs) the Intense was too light. It was flexy as hell, the bearings went bad in a hurry, and it kinda shimmied around corners and shuddered when landing drops. I ride in the PNW and my training rides and even some XC races have 10+ minute long descents that also appear in our local Enduro series.

My bike is built pretty light (XTR, wheels in the ~1500g range, 34SC) but I do run a dropper. End of the day I 100% prefer carrying an extra pound of bike frame if it equates to ride quality and durability. And FWIW the Revolver has been ridden to a few WC top 10s and podiums so it's definitely not a slow bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Norco does a ton of tuning on their frames between the sizes. I'd be interested to see if the weight gap between small and XL is much bigger (percentage wise) than other brands. It makes sense you like your XL revolver and Norco beefs up their larger bikes.

mtbr member
    anyone have time on a Spark/Spark RC and can compare this to the revolver.
    on the fence between these two bikes for stage race and local XC duty.

Tá mé ar meisce.
    So I am interested in a revolver 120 and was calling dealers in my area. Closest is 90 miles away

Anyway I asked about a size XL and he told me none available and that this model is discontinued. Was he BS'ing me?
    Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live. --Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    What he meant was that it was marked as discontinued on Norco's website when he looked up the model and size you want. That means they aren't getting any more til the 2021's launch, which will be different colours and a different SKU's on Norco's B2B. If they're getting more they are marked as "available to backorder" or with an ETA. So you can't get that colour/size combo but it does NOT mean anything beyond that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    So, if I want XL frame, I will have to weight 2021?
    It doesn't sound promising.

Tá mé ar meisce.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-t-g View Post
    What he meant was that it was marked as discontinued on Norco's website when he looked up the model and size you want. That means they aren't getting any more til the 2021's launch, which will be different colours and a different SKU's on Norco's B2B. If they're getting more they are marked as "available to backorder" or with an ETA. So you can't get that colour/size combo but it does NOT mean anything beyond that.
    Thanks for the info. How long until 2021 comes out? As above poster said, it seems like a long time to go without frames/bikes
    Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live. --Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    My plan was to buy it on Bike 24, but the availability looks flimsy.
    I have sent them an availability request, but they didn't reply.
    Any ideas where I could find XL frame in Europe?

In the meantime I have broken my shoulder blade, so I won't be able to ride off road until August, so maybe I can wait 2021 models.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerCan View Post
    Thanks for the info. How long until 2021 comes out? As above poster said, it seems like a long time to go without frames/bikes

Sorry I missed this reply.

For a small company like Norco (speaking relatively when comparing them to Trek, Specialized, CRC, etc) they'll have a harder time getting factory space and shipping given the current issues. I've heard that shipping from Asia is an absolute nightmare, with companies needing to have product at the port/airport waiting and prepaid just in case a spot opens up. Moreover, if Norco didn't get their purchase orders in til later (which isn't uncommon- usually their next model year stuff comes like October/January/March/May ship dates), then big companies like Trek who launch earlier and have resources to push other companies around in to getting stuff fulfilled faster will get product before Norco.

In other words, don't hold your breath.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by JaseK View Post

Jasek,, Thats a mean bike dude.
    I have a 2020 Norco FS1 100 on order coming in. I want to put a power meter onto it and was wondering exactly what components from Power2Max to buy. Also wondering what bike computer you run it through? Thanks

I bought the FS1 100 because I wanted something that will be fast on road for my daily commute while being capable enough for weekend trail rides. I do have some doubts now that I am seeing that most people seem to be choosing the 120mm travel version. I Guess I will see once I get it and start riding it.

My experience with modern MTB is a 2016 norco Sasquatch which I have had endless fun on. I bought the revolver to take it to the next level.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Anyone have any details on the 2021 colors/spec?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    If anyone is looking to sell a size L, lemme know! I'll take any variation of the 2020 model.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I am interested in the Norco Revolver FS 120 but have some concerns regarding Sizing/Geo and Norco's suggested frame size.

I am 5' 9.5" tall with a 33 inch inseam, I don't have an opportunity to test the bike as their are none available in my area.

It will have to be ordered from the warehouse and Norco's sizing suggestion states I should ride Large for my size, and I am not on the edge of frame sizing based on their recommendations. They recommend a Large frame starting at 5' 8".

I have ridden bikes with 74 degree seat angles and for reference I am a M/L in a Trek.
    Comparing the numbers on geometreyGeeks with bikes I have owned and felt comfortable on, I feel I would be too extended on a Large frame, even with it's 60mm stem. I usually ride a bike with a 430-440 reach and around a 610mm TTL.
    I am hesitant to order a medium base on the numbers alone.

Advice or thoughts?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    If anyone is looking to sell a size L, lemme know! I'll take any variation of the 2020 model.
    I have an XL frame (+ fork if you want it) on the PB Buy/Sell: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2829631/

Probably not what you’re after, but just in case...

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Does anybody know what is the diameter of BB? Is it 41 mm or 46 mm?
    I am asking because I want to know if it is possible to use Rotor power meter with BB that is not made out of two bearings.

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by loshmi View Post
    Does anybody know what is the diameter of BB? Is it 41 mm or 46 mm?
    I am asking because I want to know if it is possible to use Rotor power meter with BB that is not made out of two bearings.

Thanks,
    PF92 = 41mm.

https://wheelsmfg.com/bb-standards

At the bottom of the Bike24 link you provided, it states it is compatible with PF92.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Thank you very much.
    I will have to find another solution for power meter

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Anyone had a rattling sound from the rear of their Revolver? The kind that sounds like the bike is about to fall apart on anything bumpy. Components and pivots tight with no play, clutch on, cable grommets installed correctly, all cables in the front triangle have housing insulation, likely chain slap locations have mastic tape but the chain isn't leaving marks on the frame anyway. Still sounds horrendous. I've got a suspicion it's the brake hose and/or gear cable outer in the chainstays but not sure what can be done about it since housing insulation won't fit through the holes. Have contacted Norco for ideas as well but not heard back yet.

Further question, do we know if there's a volume spacer in the rear of the 100mm model before I pull it apart?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Norco revolver FS 2020--1c310963-b16c-424c-836e-17d869b30d76.jpgNorco revolver FS 2020--b21a0798-7433-42d0-ae9d-61b8ec11be25.jpegClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1C310963-B16C-424C-836E-17D869B30D76.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	1365139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B21A0798-7433-42D0-AE9D-61B8EC11BE25.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	1362773
    Quote Originally Posted by krider View Post
    I am interested in the Norco Revolver FS 120 but have some concerns regarding Sizing/Geo and Norco's suggested frame size.

I am 5' 9.5" tall with a 33 inch inseam, I don't have an opportunity to test the bike as their are none available in my area.

It will have to be ordered from the warehouse and Norco's sizing suggestion states I should ride Large for my size, and I am not on the edge of frame sizing based on their recommendations. They recommend a Large frame starting at 5' 8".

I have ridden bikes with 74 degree seat angles and for reference I am a M/L in a Trek.
    Comparing the numbers on geometreyGeeks with bikes I have owned and felt comfortable on, I feel I would be too extended on a Large frame, even with it's 60mm stem. I usually ride a bike with a 430-440 reach and around a 610mm TTL.
    I am hesitant to order a medium base on the numbers alone.

Advice or thoughts?
    I’m 5’-10.5” and struggled between the 2 sizes. My previous Revolver was a Med. But went for a 120mm large this time. I’m an old school rider with a long torso and arms and probably could have gone for the medium but used a longer stem. I ride East coast trail so tight and twisty. At times I find the bike big and slow turning. But almost all Strava segments have been blown out of the water so I guess I’m just going into the corners way to fast. Bike is very composed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B21A0798-7433-42D0-AE9D-61B8EC11BE25.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	1362773
    took a while to find the right stem to get enough weight on the front end for flatter terrain and off camber corners. Custom build just under 23lbs for a 120mm rocket. Extralite hubs Duke rims 1100g, everything else is carbon. Frame could be lighter but I will live with it.
    Last edited by shinnyboy; 09-19-2020 at 06:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Yes my older Med revolver 100 was under 21.5lbs. New 120mm version in a large is 22.9lbs with basically the same parts except eagle instead of xx1. So yes the frame is heavier. Was hoping it would be closer to the previous versions weight. Oh well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    hi all, anyone knows where I can find that plug in the downtube where you use the zip tie for the inner cables? Or the part number? Thx
    Yeti SB100
    Commencal META HT AM

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    https://www.norco.com/cmsb/uploads/b...sembly_001.pdf

Pictures show it as item 31 but I think looking at the descriptions it's actually item 33.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    It is 33, seems like I can only get it from them. Thanks!
    Yeti SB100
    Commencal META HT AM

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Cable routing

This is my second Revolver and they had similar routing. I’ve had no issues with the cables under the BB.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    I noticed there isn't much online posted on the norco revolver fs120. I just purchased one and figured I would write a small review. Some context. I love down hill and i'm ex pro motocrosser. I climb so I can rip the downhills. I'm coming off a 27.5 giant trance with 140/160 suspension 2.4/2/5 maxxis Mininon tires. First off I loved my giant trance it is the perfect 1 bike to do it all. I can climb and still enjoy the downhills, xc loops etc. With recent injuries, family and kids i'm trying to not push on the down hills so I figured I would buy less bike and one that would be compatible for stage racing.

Okay so first ride out on the revolver it is love/hate. It did exactly what I wanted but i'm very disappointed. I'm super out of shape and haven't ridden in 2 months but did a 1 hr test loop that I recently sprinted on my trance (2 months previous). CLIMBING - On strava segment my giant trance record is 27:38 minute climb (3.12 Km, 225 meter elevation gain). On the Norco revolver never ridden, guessed on the weight and tire pressure, a little bit more out of shape and I did the climb in 25:19 minutes (2 minutes 9 second faster almost 10%). DOWNHILL SPEED - Giant Trance 15:00 and 2020 Norco Revolver FS120 15:07

Key Take away points.
    Climbing -
    My Giant Trance I loved the down hill it was a blast! Traction, super plush my bike is dialed (pike 160mm with 4 tokens 65 PSI and fox dpx2 240psi. minions at 18/20 psi on 27mm/30mm rim. Climb is still fun but you know your dragging some extra weight.
    Norco Revolver FS120 - Forekaster front and rear 20/22 psi (pressure seemed good but maybe able to lower .5 to 1 psi). I have never run anything but a minion on the front so I did take it easy in all corners as I typically get tire roll... Would like to try with Rekons never used but guessing they will be faster and are lighter. Revolver climbed awesome compared to the trance. better natural climbing postion on the bike. It seemed if I was in better shape I could just slaughter the up hills. With the 29er and less knob of the revolver it felt like a higher cadence paid off and you just rip up the uphills. On the trance low cadence and you just have endless traction and tractor up everything maybe a couple pre power spins to get up a technical section. Norco was a beast on the uphill compared to the trance.

Traverse/Rolling trails
    Norco Revolver - Fast! Carried speed. A few places I hit the brakes where I normally don't with the extra momentum gained. Tires less braking traction. Revolver definitely has you in a more forward stance than the giant trance.
    Giant Trance - Fun, flowy, so smooth and easy on your body! but on less technical, less steep terrain lacks speed and playful ness as the bigger tires and more slack geometry sucks up your pedal strokes.

Downhill
    Trance - What a blast and again just super comfy, loads of traction and just a big smile on your face. You want to keep going faster! Times like this i'm just thinking man I love my bike!
    Norco Revolver FS120 - Carry's speed. Even though I felt slower in the corners again just being cautious not being used to the narrower rims and less grippy tires but man it just rolled right through and at the exit of some of the burmed corners I would have way more speed coming out. I think this is because the trance I'm attacking the corners and coming in with so much speed where as the revolver I come in with a little less speed but carry the momentum through. The bike is only 120mm so super choppy, skiddery and so much more feedback to my hands and wrists. I went down the hill pretty fast but not really at any point was I like man this is so much fun it was more like skectch balls am I going to wash out and crash. This isn't the bikes fault. I believe its the more forward riding position, skinny rims, less knob on tire, less suspension. Trance I have carbon bar and my carbon renthals for the revolver arrive tomorrow... With the more forward riding position I need to run my levers lower so I have less strain on my wrists. Suspension I know I can fine tune it as I just did the base setting from the norco website.

Conclusion
    My giant trance is awesome for owning 1 bike to do it all. The norco revolver is for the stage racing that I signed up for next year which I think will be a awesome bike. The races are 40-50km ride 1500 meter elevation. These races seem to only have a few double blacks and mostly blue. I'm weak in strength but fast on the downs. My strava proved that the bike did what I wanted. 2 minutes faster on the climb and only 7 seconds slower on the downhill in a 48 minute ride! At the stage races if your trying to be competitive you are best to go down hill at %80 to rest so you can power up the next climb. I believe once I dial in the suspension and tire pressures I could get the 7 seconds on the downhill no problem however I do know in racing situation I wouldn't push to the edge as you want to finish the race. Again the uphill I also believe if I was in comparable shape to the trance sprint I did 2 months ago that my up hill climb would be 1 minute faster than what I did.

I think I will love the revolver as it will do exactly what it's intended to do really well. I hate it as I feel like i'm giving up shuttling for the more enduro ish rides. Also now I feel I need to buy the giant trance advanced 29 x and have 2 bikes. Than when I ride with my 1 and 3 year old on the mac ride theres more cushion and again we rip the downhills. The revolver great for the rips I do alone where I need to not crash and not be tempted to bomb the double blacks. The revolver I would say is 70/30 for climb/down hill and the trance is 50/50. If you don't have a steep or technical trail system the 2020 norco revolver fs120 would be more fun and faster.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I’m picking up a Revolver FS 100 frame set this week, planning to build it up with a 120mm fork as an XC/marathon race and training bike. At some point I may look at getting a second shock with 45mm stroke to make it 120/120 light weight trail rocket.

How have you found the 100/120 combo? I'm looking at a 100 frame, but have a 120 fork at home. May add the longer shock in time, but would likely ride it "over-forked" for now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Sizing...I'm usually on the border between L and XL at 6ft 1.5in, but the Norco sizing chart puts me firmly into the XL size. This makes for a significant increase in reach and wheelbase over my current ride, which is more "all-mountain" hardtail. I'm a little concerned about this given that some of my favourite trails are tight and technical. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I'm not sure about that sizing chart. The reach and top tube are almost a size longer than many other XL bikes and yet Norco recommend that size for shorter riders than usual. According to that XL is too small for me. But it feels long to me, although the low stack height and steeper seat angle rein it in a bit. Length can be adjusted with the saddle position and stem length so guess it depends if you can get the right saddle height for a dropper, considering the 510mm seat tube of the XL. Short chainstays help with the handling.

Mine is currently 100 rear 120 front. Seems fine but I might change to the longer travel shock at some point. The bike's weight, length and suspension feel seem a bit more suited to being a short travel trail rocket than XC race.

To answer my own question above, the horrible rattling appears to have been chainslap. The chainstay being oversized and raised slightly closer to the chain seems to make this worse. I've attached a strip of black foam along the top to stop it. Bit surprised this wasn't picked up at the testing phase as the standard thin rubber chainstay protector is completely inadequate and I can't be the only one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    That stack height is significantly less than my current bike, so putting the bars in roughly the same place will shorten it up some. I rented an XL Transtion Smuggler once when my own bike had problems on a trip, and I quite enjoyed the longer reach—although it wasn’t quite as long as the Revolver. I might just give it a shot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by bprochnavy View Post
    I noticed there isn't much online posted on the norco revolver fs120. I just purchased one and figured I would write a small review. Some context. I love down hill and i'm ex pro motocrosser. I climb so I can rip the downhills. I'm coming off a 27.5 giant trance with 140/160 suspension 2.4/2/5 maxxis Mininon tires. First off I loved my giant trance it is the perfect 1 bike to do it all. I can climb and still enjoy the downhills, xc loops etc. With recent injuries, family and kids i'm trying to not push on the down hills so I figured I would buy less bike and one that would be compatible for stage racing.

Okay so first ride out on the revolver it is love/hate. It did exactly what I wanted but i'm very disappointed. I'm super out of shape and haven't ridden in 2 months but did a 1 hr test loop that I recently sprinted on my trance (2 months previous). CLIMBING - On strava segment my giant trance record is 27:38 minute climb (3.12 Km, 225 meter elevation gain). On the Norco revolver never ridden, guessed on the weight and tire pressure, a little bit more out of shape and I did the climb in 25:19 minutes (2 minutes 9 second faster almost 10%). DOWNHILL SPEED - Giant Trance 15:00 and 2020 Norco Revolver FS120 15:07

Key Take away points.
    Climbing -
    My Giant Trance I loved the down hill it was a blast! Traction, super plush my bike is dialed (pike 160mm with 4 tokens 65 PSI and fox dpx2 240psi. minions at 18/20 psi on 27mm/30mm rim. Climb is still fun but you know your dragging some extra weight.
    Norco Revolver FS120 - Forekaster front and rear 20/22 psi (pressure seemed good but maybe able to lower .5 to 1 psi). I have never run anything but a minion on the front so I did take it easy in all corners as I typically get tire roll... Would like to try with Rekons never used but guessing they will be faster and are lighter. Revolver climbed awesome compared to the trance. better natural climbing postion on the bike. It seemed if I was in better shape I could just slaughter the up hills. With the 29er and less knob of the revolver it felt like a higher cadence paid off and you just rip up the uphills. On the trance low cadence and you just have endless traction and tractor up everything maybe a couple pre power spins to get up a technical section. Norco was a beast on the uphill compared to the trance.

Traverse/Rolling trails
    Norco Revolver - Fast! Carried speed. A few places I hit the brakes where I normally don't with the extra momentum gained. Tires less braking traction. Revolver definitely has you in a more forward stance than the giant trance.
    Giant Trance - Fun, flowy, so smooth and easy on your body! but on less technical, less steep terrain lacks speed and playful ness as the bigger tires and more slack geometry sucks up your pedal strokes.

Downhill
    Trance - What a blast and again just super comfy, loads of traction and just a big smile on your face. You want to keep going faster! Times like this i'm just thinking man I love my bike!
    Norco Revolver FS120 - Carry's speed. Even though I felt slower in the corners again just being cautious not being used to the narrower rims and less grippy tires but man it just rolled right through and at the exit of some of the burmed corners I would have way more speed coming out. I think this is because the trance I'm attacking the corners and coming in with so much speed where as the revolver I come in with a little less speed but carry the momentum through. The bike is only 120mm so super choppy, skiddery and so much more feedback to my hands and wrists. I went down the hill pretty fast but not really at any point was I like man this is so much fun it was more like skectch balls am I going to wash out and crash. This isn't the bikes fault. I believe its the more forward riding position, skinny rims, less knob on tire, less suspension. Trance I have carbon bar and my carbon renthals for the revolver arrive tomorrow... With the more forward riding position I need to run my levers lower so I have less strain on my wrists. Suspension I know I can fine tune it as I just did the base setting from the norco website.

Conclusion
    My giant trance is awesome for owning 1 bike to do it all. The norco revolver is for the stage racing that I signed up for next year which I think will be a awesome bike. The races are 40-50km ride 1500 meter elevation. These races seem to only have a few double blacks and mostly blue. I'm weak in strength but fast on the downs. My strava proved that the bike did what I wanted. 2 minutes faster on the climb and only 7 seconds slower on the downhill in a 48 minute ride! At the stage races if your trying to be competitive you are best to go down hill at %80 to rest so you can power up the next climb. I believe once I dial in the suspension and tire pressures I could get the 7 seconds on the downhill no problem however I do know in racing situation I wouldn't push to the edge as you want to finish the race. Again the uphill I also believe if I was in comparable shape to the trance sprint I did 2 months ago that my up hill climb would be 1 minute faster than what I did.

I think I will love the revolver as it will do exactly what it's intended to do really well. I hate it as I feel like i'm giving up shuttling for the more enduro ish rides. Also now I feel I need to buy the giant trance advanced 29 x and have 2 bikes. Than when I ride with my 1 and 3 year old on the mac ride theres more cushion and again we rip the downhills. The revolver great for the rips I do alone where I need to not crash and not be tempted to bomb the double blacks. The revolver I would say is 70/30 for climb/down hill and the trance is 50/50. If you don't have a steep or technical trail system the 2020 norco revolver fs120 would be more fun and faster.
    Could you please add some photos of your set up?
    How tall are you? What is the size of your frame?
    Could you please compare some measures (Reach, HTA, STA, weight) with your Giant?
    How long is the stem you are using on the Norco? Did you turned your stem up or down?

Images are always welcomed

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    My frame finally arrived .
    The good:
    It looks rock solid. It looks like nothing would happen if a truck would run over it.
    Chainstay protector looks really nice, it is very soft.

The bad:
    Sloppy paint job, you can see a very prominent white line between red and black areas on the top tube.
    The protection in the area where chainstays meet BB is misaligned, so I believe it will fall off on the first ride.
    Weight, it is really heavy package, but if it is a byproduct of durability, I am OK with it.

A couple of images:
    White line

Misaligned protection

frame + shock (no thru axle, no seat collar, no water bottle bolts, no rubber plugs)

Thru axle

Seat collar

Water bottle bolts

Headset

Rubber plugs (one configuration)

Derailleur hanger

Due to COVID-19 I will have to wait God know for how long to get the rest of my parts .
    I have bought SC 34 but it is in US (I live in Serbia) and my friend was supposed to come here and bring it to me, but due to Corona, his trip has been canceled. My fork is black with orange decals and I would like to make the decals in the same color as the red on the head tube. Could somebody let me know where I can do that and what color should I ask for?

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norco revolver FS 2020--20201018_165105.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201018_165239.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201018_165129.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201018_165124.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201018_165239.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201018_165416.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201018_165333.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201018_165359.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201019_101754.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201019_102434.jpg  

Norco revolver FS 2020--20201019_102126.jpg  

Last edited by loshmi; 10-21-2020 at 10:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    I realized I end it up in the not so favorable place.
    The shock on Revolver frame is Push To Lock and my fork (Fox 34 SC) is Push to Unlock.
    I want to have a remote lockout that will lock/unlock both fork and shock simultaneously.
    What would be the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks