Norco Revolver 7SL HT frame weight ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Norco Revolver 7SL HT frame weight ?

Just got around to weighing a small norco 7sl, everything was stripped off except for the pfbb (sram), about 90 grams. Was less then impressed with the weight of this sub 1000 gram 1700 dollar frame.

Anyone else have this issue, I've messaged Norco but not much they can do at this point , I assume. I wouldn't mind it being 1080g or something, but when you can get a Chinese Toray700 for 400 bucks that's the same weight (its the wifes bike and im not too concerned about ride quality) this is a little absurd IMO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norco Revolver 7SL HT frame weight ?-20170131_131236.jpg  

If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    That does seem like a bummer. I've never seen where they are suppose to be sub 1,000 grams, but if that is the case then I would be pissed too I guess.

You are right about the Chinese frames. I've have a few of the hard tails and even though they ride pretty harsh, you can't beat the value for the prices.

Maybe you can make up the weight in your component selection. It would be easy to save 350 grams in your tire choice alone. Seats/ pedals are another area to chew some weight off.

Good luck in you build.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member

frame weight

I messaged Norco along with two shots from their website , 3 magazine articles, serial number of the frame and 4 higher end reviews on the internet that state the claim of "sub-1000 gram" frame..... as far as the kit, the bike was 18.5 lbs with the chinese carbon frame, wanted a 17 pound bike for the wife... other than new crank, she wont change the her saddle and some rocket rons, this was a complete waste of money lol,,,, live and learn i guess, funny thing, i have a xl 9sl norco frame that weighed 1180 on my scale with nothing on it lol

Sid fork, stans valors, racing ralphs, xtr 11 speed, r1's, cannondale sisl crank, 28t, xtr ti cogs, sid fork with carbon ti 15mm, tokenceramic bb, knnc stem, post, rear135, easton ec90 560bar, lightest flat pedals ever, kcnc headset, carbonti headset plug, all top notch shit , i think the frame might be 4 grams lighter then the chinese, i tried to upload pic buts its too big.

crank, rf g4
    tires, rocket ron
    new seat, she wont (think its 270 grams, but she loves it)

think i will just have to suck it up and just tell her its 17 pounds lol
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    Well hopefully the Norco rides better and she's happy.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.