New 2019 Norco 100 and 120- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

New 2019 Norco 100 and 120

mtbr member
    Love the 120 base model - again the cheapest version looks the best. New geo sounds sweet. Wish there was a Fox Shimano option.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbikemad View Post
    Love the 120 base model - again the cheapest version looks the best. New geo sounds sweet. Wish there was a Fox Shimano option.
    After running numerous RS/SRAM setups, I am committed to Fox/Shimano for the next while. Fox for sure.

Norco is dialled into SRAM. SRAM currently has the market cornered on OEM spec, and not just for Norco. I assume Shimano and Fox just can't compete price-wise.

As for the bike, is the 120 really 30 pounds? I am having considerable difficulty getting my head around that. My 2015 160mm Range was 27.5 pounds with pedals.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    saw one in person. they look great. frame w/ shock should be under 4.9 lbs.

frameset available and shock size means it's swappable to a non-Sram product (190 x 46?), though the RS shock on it did look pretty decent FWIW.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Wondering if the frame-only 100mm rear shock can have a spacer removed to achieve 120mm, and then have RS remove the lockout and install a traditional lever setup. Save a lot of money replacing a perfectly good 100mm rear shock that has no resale value. I know the lockout can be removed and DIY'd with a piece of cable & housing.

Some were doing that with the Santa Cruz Blur's Fox lockout; I demoed that, and it was too soft in the unlocked, and I don't need/want a lockout. If memory serves me right, it was about $50 to $85.

But....isn't the Deluxe RL a basic average-at-best shock?
    Last edited by westin; 1 Week Ago at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I have a Revolver that I bought in 2016. I am on a team that gets deals on Norcos but I am having a difficult time justifying a new Revolver right now. The reviews indicate that the new model is stiffer but none of the previous reviews ever mentioned that the previous models were not stiff. Mine feels solid with the shock locked out (Monarch with the hydraulic lockout).

I am also annoyed that the industry tells us that we "need" boost! I have a Revolver HT and FS and the new bikes would also mean I have to buy new wheels! I am not convinced that I need to replace my Revolver yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Easy solution: Enjoy what you have, and what is working for you!

Quote Originally Posted by kylef View Post
    I have a Revolver that I bought in 2016. I am on a team that gets deals on Norcos but I am having a difficult time justifying a new Revolver right now. The reviews indicate that the new model is stiffer but none of the previous reviews ever mentioned that the previous models were not stiff. Mine feels solid with the shock locked out (Monarch with the hydraulic lockout).

I am also annoyed that the industry tells us that we "need" boost! I have a Revolver HT and FS and the new bikes would also mean I have to buy new wheels! I am not convinced that I need to replace my Revolver yet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kylef View Post

"Stiffer" seems to be the bike industry buzz word to make you feel like you are getting something better than you had before.

I don't buy into any of it. Just marketing fluff in my opinion.