Internal Cabling on Sight or Range Carbon- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Internal Cabling on Sight or Range Carbon

I'm curious to see how people are going with the internal cable routing on the new carbon frames (Range or Sight). From what I understand Norco has already tweaked the entry point plugs due to issues with the original design.
    So how are they going in the real world - are they a PITA with movement or rattles inside the frame?
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have a Sight
    No rattles, no movement.
    As for it being a PITA? realistically how often do you swap out brake lines or shifter cables? - maybe once a year for shift cables, never for brake unless they get damaged.
    Those that pick internal cable routing as a negative are really struggling to find fault if you ask me.
    And yes, the exit grommets on my customer Sight were slightly different from the demo bike I had for 7 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Internal cabling is very good on Sight. It is clean, entry and exit in all right places. It is not an issue at all.

You can get additional plugs from Norco to tweak the entry/exit points, but existing cable routing is very good already as is. I have tried updated groomets, but didn't like them as they make cables stick out too much. I took them off after the first ride.

I think, to be honest, whoever says internal routing on Sight is an issue don't know what they're talking about.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    I have a Sight
    As for it being a PITA? realistically how often do you swap out brake lines or shifter cables?
    Thanks for that.
    I was more referring to the cables being a PITA because they move around and migrate downwards, or just rattle inside the frame (not because the set-up and servicing is more of a hassle).
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JHwick View Post
    Thanks for that.
    I was more referring to the cables being a PITA because they move around and migrate downwards, or just rattle inside the frame (not because the set-up and servicing is more of a hassle).
    Cheers!
    Nope, cables dont rattle and there is no movement. Where are you getting info about cables from? Makes no sense at all...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreys View Post
    Where are you getting info about cables from? Makes no sense at all...
    From reviews such as this one:
    Tested: Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 – Flow Mountain Bike

"Internally routed cables are a good concept, but in this case let down by the execution."

And this:
    Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 - Review - Pinkbike

"We did find that the internal cable guides had a tendency to come loose from their press fit perches in the frame, slightly detracting from the bike's polished looks."

And:
    2014 Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 ? Reviews, Comparisons, Specs ? Mountain Bikes - Vital MTB

"Rubber plugs at the headtube allow you to remove cable slack and prevent rattling inside the frame, though they did pop out quite often."

Had come across a few of these mentions and thought that if the brake hose or gear outer was sitting loosely inside the down tube, it may be prone to rattles.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I'm not even using those silly rubber plugs, never saw a point in them. No plugs, no problems

The internal routing on Sight Carbon is perfectly fine, I'm surprised those reviews even pick on those optional plugs. Believe me, internal routing is not an issue at all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Sorry to pickup a very old thread... for those on a Sight, is the cable housing from the rear derailleur to the front shifter 1 piece or multiple pieces?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlau3 View Post
    Sorry to pickup a very old thread... for those on a Sight, is the cable housing from the rear derailleur to the front shifter 1 piece or multiple pieces?
    One piece

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreys View Post
    I'm not even using those silly rubber plugs, never saw a point in them. No plugs, no problems

The internal routing on Sight Carbon is perfectly fine, I'm surprised those reviews even pick on those optional plugs. Believe me, internal routing is not an issue at all.
    I have also removed the rubber plugs that came on my Sight. Have you had any issues with water/ dirt getting into the frame? The wires are sealed but wondering if any negative effects from washing etc..