How much would you say a 2003 Norco VPS Team-NS frame in good condition is worth?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2016

How much would you say a 2003 Norco VPS Team-NS frame in good condition is worth?

Hi everyone,

If you had a 2003 Norco VPS Team-NS frame in good condition for sale, how much would you say would be a reasonable price to ask for it?

And if you wanted to buy one, how much would you be willing to pay to get it? Like, how *bad* would you want it? $300 bad? $400 bad?

I'm just trying to determine how much I should ask for mine. It *is* in good condition. I'm not going to take a picture yet because of the hassle of getting it from the talking/picture machine onto the computing laptop machine (I'm old....) but it's in good condition. I can assure you of that. And I'm in Canada but that's ok, I guess I can translate whatever currency into Canadian to give me an idea.

Now if you're someone who wants a frame like this one, please don't say that a reasonable price would be $50! But "jokes" aside, I'm just looking for advice on how much you think it could be worth today.

The thing is I used to ride a lot back when I was younger and full suspensions were just being introduced when I was in the full-on period of my mountain bike days.

Long story short, back then, all I wanted was a full-suspension bike. Fast-forward 12-15 years and I can finally afford the bike I want, so I got this bike from some guy in about 2006. It was still almost new by the way.

Too bad I wasn't that much into mountain biking anymore. I took it out 3-4 times maybe but the fire wasn't there anymore. I didn't care!! What had happened!! I used to have a har.... I mean, I loved mountain biking a lot when I was younger and going down mountain trails used to get me all worked up!! But now, it didn't do anything for me anymore.

A friend ended up buying all the components from me and the frame has been in storage in good conditions these past few years.

I know it was worth some $4500 new and it's one of the best rated downhill bikes pretty much *of all time* so I was thinking maybe it could be worth a good amount. What would you say?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Second hand = 50% of new price, now reduce that price by 10% each year. $0
    When it gets to that point it's just a matter of deciding what you can actually get for it which depends on how little your willing to take ;-)
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but sentimental value is worth nothing to anyone but yourself. You could part it out also

poser Administrator
    bicycle blue book can be helpful. It lists it as $0 worth when I ran it. YMMV.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Seb????
    What size is the frame?
    or measure from the center BB to the top of seat post tube inches?
    shipping to lower 48 is killer Chicago

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kamomatt View Post
    Seb????
    What size is the frame?
    or measure from the center BB to the top of seat post tube inches?
    shipping to lower 48 is killer Chicago
    Ha! Yep! Small world isn't it?