Help with suspension setup on 2014 Norco Sight Carbon LE- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    73

    Help with suspension setup on 2014 Norco Sight Carbon LE

    Hey everyone,

    I just got in a new to me 2014 Norco Sight Carbon LE with the Revelation RCT3 and the Fox Factory CTD BV.

    The bike came with a Norco bike manual that is not at all specific to the Sight. It also has a manual for the Revelation but no information about setup for the Rear Shock.

    I was planning to set it up to 25% sag per the Fox website, but there is no information about rebound ...

    What are other Sight owners using?

    For info, I'm about 165 lbs without gear. Running 105 PSI in the fork as of right now. Love to hear what you guys are running.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    73
    Anyone?

  3. #3
    rubber side down
    Reputation: TAOS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    514
    I have a 2013 Sight

    Check out this page talking about set up on the Pike RCT3, might help you:
    RockShox Pike: 5 ways to a perfect set-up - MBR

    I have the Fox CTD as well. I set the sag to the 20%, but added a little more air. I'm heavier than you, but have the other settings in the middle. I typically try one different adjustment per ride and go from there. I really dig my adjustments at the moment.

    Might not help much, but the set up is really a personal thing.

    Quotes from that page:
    “dependent on your air pressure — rebound is trying to control the force of the air spring returning to full extension.” Thus, heavier riders running higher air pressures will likely require more rebound damping than lighter riders.

    Use the low-speed adjuster (black knob on RCT3; main knob on RC) to adjust initial movement in the fork. If you’ve changed the volume and lowered the air pressure, you can increase low-speed compression to let the fork ride higher, but still have it supple over small bumps.”

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with suspension setup on 2014 Norco Sight Carbon LE-norco3.jpg  

    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    You must be really bored if you have read this entire post.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    73
    Thanks. Very helpful.

    I have the fork setup to the recommended air pressure settings and I'm running 3 clicks from open on the low speed adjuster.

    For the rear shock, also running roughly 20% sag like you.

    Bike is night and day from the 100mm FS I was riding before. Thanks again.

  5. #5
    rubber side down
    Reputation: TAOS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlau3 View Post
    Thanks. Very helpful.

    I have the fork setup to the recommended air pressure settings and I'm running 3 clicks from open on the low speed adjuster.

    For the rear shock, also running roughly 20% sag like you.

    Bike is night and day from the 100mm FS I was riding before. Thanks again.
    Nice! I came off a 100mm as well, and I love the Norco!
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    You must be really bored if you have read this entire post.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gocat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlau3 View Post
    Hey everyone,



    I just got in a new to me 2014 Norco Sight Carbon LE with the Revelation RCT3 and the Fox Factory CTD BV.

    The bike came with a Norco bike manual that is not at all specific to the Sight. It also has a manual for the Revelation but no information about setup for the Rear Shock.

    I was planning to set it up to 25% sag per the Fox website, but there is no information about rebound ...

    What are other Sight owners using?

    For info, I'm about 165 lbs without gear. Running 105 PSI in the fork as of right now. Love to hear what you guys are running.
    I asked Norco on Facebook and they recommend 30% shock sag. They say it's a progressive suspension. So it's not easy to bottom out.
    For me, I'm 185lbs and I set my Pike fork at 65 psi ( maybe different from a revelation fork psi recommendation) and shock at about 140 psi. I'm currently using a RS monarch rt3 shock. Waiting for my inline iL upgrade from CC.
    Oh I've got the 2015 Sight carbon

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by gocat View Post
    I asked Norco on Facebook and they recommend 30% shock sag. They say it's a progressive suspension. So it's not easy to bottom out.
    That's very true, however the only issue I find is that it also runs a very low BB which is a problem for rock strikes on some tech climbs. I eased that a bit now as I'm running a longer fork and fatter tyres which have a larger diameter.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by gocat View Post
    I asked Norco on Facebook and they recommend 30% shock sag. They say it's a progressive suspension. So it's not easy to bottom out.
    For me, I'm 185lbs and I set my Pike fork at 65 psi ( maybe different from a revelation fork psi recommendation) and shock at about 140 psi. I'm currently using a RS monarch rt3 shock. Waiting for my inline iL upgrade from CC.
    Oh I've got the 2015 Sight carbon
    I'm the same weight as you and running the 160mm Pike with the CCDBI with the 2014 Sight Carbon.

    How much sag does 65 psi give you with the Pike?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gocat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155
    Not totally sure. But I think it's about 30-35 % sag. I got the 150mm Pike. I ride trail. Do some drops , jumps and some through rock gardens. And I like the plushness at the top. And I use all travel. Never bottomed it out yet either. I have LS compression about 5 clicks from open. Ok so far.
    I got my CC inline iL last week. But haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Been raining a lot in north California. I talked to CC about it. And Eric told me. I should add at least 10psi more then my usual.
    I'm hoping it doesn't rain too much end of the week. So the trails will not be so muddy. Been itching to ride.
    Oh forgot. I'm using 2 tokens on the Pike

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gocat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155
    Just checked 30%

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    73
    Thanks . I was running 55 psi and getting only about 28% sag with 2 tokens . Not even close to full travel even on aggressive trails (for me). Have now taken both tokens out and added some pressure to get to 30% sag. Will see how it works . Could be 1 token is sweet spot

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    73

    a photo from today..

    Added a specialized SWAT box and the new 160mm Pike with some custom decals this week. Finished out with 9.8 Fall Line dropper and some DMR Vaults. Thought I'd share a photo from the Hub.

    Happy riding!

    Help with suspension setup on 2014 Norco Sight Carbon LE-img_5772.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with suspension setup on 2014 Norco Sight Carbon LE-img_5772.jpg  


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gocat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlau3 View Post
    Added a specialized SWAT box and the new 160mm Pike with some custom decals this week. Finished out with 9.8 Fall Line dropper and some DMR Vaults. Thought I'd share a photo from the Hub.

    Happy riding!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5772.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	1119295

    Nice. And a nice day too. Where ever you live. I live in north cal. Raining all the time! Kinda wish we were back in a drought again. Lol.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gocat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155
    My clean and unused 2015 Sight for about a month now. Sporting Fox Transfer dropper with wolftooth remote. And Dt Swiss xmc 1200 wheels. Installed some white pin striping through out the frame with a wolftooth sticker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with suspension setup on 2014 Norco Sight Carbon LE-img_0579.jpg  

    Last edited by gocat; 02-03-2017 at 03:17 AM.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by gocat View Post
    My clean and unused 2015 Sight for about a month now. Sporting Fox Transfer dropper with wolftooth remote. And Dt Swiss xmc 1200 wheels. Installed some white pin striping through out the frame with a wolftooth sticker.
    Sweet ride! Like the white trim

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gocat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155
    Hey thanx jetlau3!

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 Norco Sight Alloy 7.2
    By bryan_d in forum Norco
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-04-2016, 02:02 AM
  2. 2014 Norco Sight Build
    By Goldberm in forum 27.5
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 01-23-2015, 09:31 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 06:07 AM
  4. 2014 Norco Sight 7.2
    By GeemanNZ in forum 27.5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 07:22 PM
  5. 2014 Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 ride report
    By jeffgre_6163 in forum Norco
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 08:28 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.