On the heels of the Torrent....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

On the heels of the Torrent....

Thought it might be fun to play the game - "what's next?"

Gotta be a full sus B+

I'd say a modified Sight would be rocking - but possibly a new model and here's my wishlist

125-135 rr travel
    140-150 front
    66.5-67 ha
    Wee bit longer f/c than sight
    425-30 cs

Heck - I'd love a backwards compat rear triangle that would fit up to 2.8-3 inch rubber - I tried this when I built my arc 30 wheel as soon as the arc was available - 2.8 fit in standard pike no prob but not the rear.

What's your thoughts? Have fun

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Nope, it'll be an aggressive trail 29er. Handle like a sight but with wagon wheels. Expect the announcement really soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by j-t-g View Post
    Nope, it'll be an aggressive trail 29er. Handle like a sight but with wagon wheels. Expect the announcement really soon.
    Color me intrigued. Hopefully B+ ready as many 29ers seem to inherently be or recently - very purposely designed (as in sc Hightower)

It just so happened that I was that short guy ( ya know can't/shouldn't fit on or ride a 29er?)who loved a kona satori and that was the bike that changed my riding forever. It's funny looking back now that kona were on to something with that bike and only got better as they launched the process line and imo the new thinking about geo that everyone now utilizes. Good stuff

funny when 27.5 became the new standard how many believed the 29er dead for anything but tall xc racers... Gotta love the innovation in the sport and options we have

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    TTT - just wanna revive this as ear to the tracks says a B+ full sus is indeed near - how near? what exactly? maybe the agro 29er the OP referenced will be B+ compatible like the Hightower?

Come on Norco - a few spy shots or strategic photos would go a long way to some Norco energy in the midst of all these other recent releases... I'll stick by my original theories and refine to

130 rr
    140 frt
    425 cs (if they model their current idea - this on a sm/med and slight longer on larger models)
    66.5 ht
    slightly longer front center than current Sight
    Slightly lower bb height than current Sight

Just playing here - but seems this is the current trend so I'm really just Mr obvious with this stuff.

ANYONE want to offer what you'd LIKE to see?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    looks like an April 14 / Sea otter announcement coming - teaser pic does not look b+ but it may be to throw us off...

now - back to crickets on the Norco forum

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The new dealer here said it will be a 27.5 120mm aggressive geo fsr bike. Also available in 29.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Looks ok - nothing Im interested in tho for where and how i ride but likely a really nice trail bike for LOTS of places. No mention of just how fat a tire will fit, and definitely no mention of B+... Love my Sight yet was kinda hoping a full sus version of the Torrent might be the hot news...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lahey View Post
    The new dealer here said it will be a 27.5 120mm aggressive geo fsr bike. Also available in 29.
    That would be the Optic!