frame choice PLEASE..............HELP- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

frame choice PLEASE..............HELP

OK, I'm going to keep this super brief but I really need help from you guys . I have a 13' sight killer b (bottom of group 7.3 alloy) because of my weight ,6'5.5,,340lbs,usually ride trail a little on the aggressive side , I had to go with a coil shock, no problem there,,bike freakin kicks arse!!!,,,, now my problem is I have broken the rear swing arm twice ....instant replacement from my local LBS, so no complaints there . so 2 days ago my frame cracked again but this time on the top tube, my oouch !!!!!! took it to my LBS and heres my dilemma they are willing to give me a frame replacement of 16 sight alloy (7.1) or a 16 range (7.1) ......now they told me the range would be better suited for me cause of my weight ..uuuh ok but my issue issue now I have to replace fork and shock that's at least a grand minimum. but if I go with the sight , I could be looking at breakage in the future as well? the bike shop is being super supportive so cant knock that but gotta imagine my luck with the warranties running out soon,just wanna do the best here and don't have a lot of time to make my dicision ,,,so I'm despertly asking for some quick opinions
    Ride hard everytime....or take up hiking...........lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    You should get a bike that is appropriate for you. Cost sucks but it's a one time pain vs having to constantly warranty your bike all the time.

mtbr member
    jaks....gave it some thought over night and came up with the thing.. now I just hope the bike rides the same or close to it... it has more travel ,and some of the geo is different than mine (I'm a novice so I don't know ,what those # means in how it rides), anyway thanks jaks for your time and help
    Ride hard everytime....or take up hiking...........lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    If you have Rockhox Pike, you can reuse it for Range, the travel change on that fork is very simple. You can even run Pike at 150mm to give Range a very similar feel as Sight.

Good luck!