Drinking the Norco 275 cool-aid- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Drinking the Norco 275 cool-aid

Sold one of my 29ers - and pulled the trigger on a new Sight 7.2C.

Swapping wheels for I9/Sapim/WTB Frequency build (ano blue hub of course)

going 1x10 w Wolftooth 42t GC rear, 30t n/w front

RaceFace Atlas ano blue handlebar - swapping from my 29er - go figure - ano blue

High Roller 2.4 frt, 2.3 rr (but may go ardent 2.4 rear) as I like big grippy tires over xc wieght and rolling

Only question now is Pike 150 or stick w Rev. If I sell some leftover 29er stuff - the swapout price makes it a no brainer - but the rev is no slouch of a fork ...

Build should be complete once wheel parts come in and can be built. Will post up pics as SOON as I can - but likely after first ride!

For reference I've been riding 29 for 4 seasons. Giant Anthem X29 and Kona Satori. Have demoed the Carbine, Process 153(moab), and alloy Sight. All 3 are very, very good bikes, and the Process (would buy 134) and Sight are just too good IMO - it really came down to bike shop and availability (7.2c in medium at shop) - as both process and norco 650 lines are almost sold out globally. Plus for the same price - got a dead sexy carbon frame vs alloy frame - and I do believe the tuned FSR rear is more plush than the process rear.

BTW - if you havent seen these in person - they are way better looking than ANY pic I can find - the colors in the 7.2 and 7.1 are more vivid and pop on the frame than the pix convey.

Well - no sleep for a week of anticipation!

insert sarcasm here
    Sounds like an awesome build, looking forward to pics! Have you thought about a 2.25 ardent for the rear (assuming they make that in the 27.5 variety). Since you have a HR in the front and want fast rolling with volume in the rear, that seems like a better choice than the RR.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I'm always looking for new people to ride with. If you are on the Front Range, shoot me a PM and let's go ridin'.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the pump - from fellow front ranger!!

Yes - have thought about 2.25 Ardent - comes standard, but never really liked it on my 29er - it does OK in the rear - but compared to the 2.4 Ardent - which just hooks up on everything as a rear - I think i lean toward the bigger version - may keep 1 of the 2.25 pair to have an option - will post up final build once I decide on Pike and tires...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Your post is making me drool. Just pulled the trigger on the 7.2c. Put a LEV on last night, now I just need the snow to melt!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Just sold my LEV w my 29er - wasnt perfect - would sometimes stick on the return , but buttery smooth most of the time - unfortunately - it was the wrong diameter for Norco - so I couldnt simply transfer over - will use the stock xfusion and if I don't like it maybe a LEV down the road. Looked at the xfusion in the shop - looks nice - and I think they are really coming on big - so hoping it works well.

Once you get a ride - post up your impression!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Drinking the Norco 275 cool-aid

I am also getting a sight build up I went with a pike, it has a better damper, 10mm more travel, and way stiffer fork you cannot go wrong!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    HA! Just sold my leftover 29er wheelset - Pike it is!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    yeah good move...got the pike on my killer b 2 and it's night and day between em.....super plush and better dampening!