Do 29er wheels fit on a Fluid 7 HT+ or Torrent 7 HT+?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Do 29er wheels fit on a Fluid 7 HT+ or Torrent 7 HT+?

I'm thinking about getting a Fluid, but would be nice to have the option to put 29er wheels with 2.4" on them. Anyone know if that would work?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The shop where I bought my frame for the torrent told me that they can definitely run 29er wheels. He said it's only slightly higher. I was thinking about dropping my fork to 120 and running 29er wheels for xc races but then I remember the head tube will still be 67.5. I'll stick to my rigid ss for the fast rac es.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    If you go into the PLUS forum you'll find loads of info on the whole PLUS thing, including a lot of bikes listed that will do conversion, which ones etc. Basics though are that a 650B 2.8" is roughly 28.25" tall and between 63-70mm wide and most any frames that will fit one will most likely also easily fit a 29x2.4" setup as well, if your frame will take a 650B 3.0", then most definitely no issues with a 29er.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    If you go into the PLUS forum you'll find loads of info on the whole PLUS thing, including a lot of bikes listed that will do conversion, which ones etc. Basics though are that a 650B 2.8" is roughly 28.25" tall and between 63-70mm wide and most any frames that will fit one will most likely also easily fit a 29x2.4" setup as well, if your frame will take a 650B 3.0", then most definitely no issues with a 29er.
    But you're also right in posting a question about a NORCO bike in the NORCO forum. Still got your answer... I think you totally fine running a 29er in your fluid.

mtbr member
    Never said he wasn't, just offered someplace with a load more info on the whole PLUS thing and doing conversion either way
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    But you're also right in posting a question about a NORCO bike in the NORCO forum. Still got your answer... I think you totally fine running a 29er in your fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.