Changing bearings on Range chainstay dropout?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Changing bearings on Range chainstay dropout?

Hi bearings by the dropout are toast on my 2013 range, any ideas on how to change them, there a complete lack of info on norcos, exploded diagrams etc. Each side has 2 recessed allen screws, 2 washers, 2 bearings and an alloy shaft that I'm guessing has a lump in the middle between the 2 bearings, can I just press this out from either side of the chainstay? Also Evans cycles in the UK seem to have the bearing kit for the Sight, anyone know if it fits the Range?
    cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by amrt View Post
    Hi bearings by the dropout are toast on my 2013 range, any ideas on how to change them, there a complete lack of info on norcos, exploded diagrams etc. Each side has 2 recessed allen screws, 2 washers, 2 bearings and an alloy shaft that I'm guessing has a lump in the middle between the 2 bearings, can I just press this out from either side of the chainstay? Also Evans cycles in the UK seem to have the bearing kit for the Sight, anyone know if it fits the Range?
    cheers
    I have a 2014 sight and used a range bearing kit to change em over (which all fit)... not sure if that helps at all

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I have to replace at least the brake side bearings, the inner side bolt had come loose and yanked the thread crap from the alloy insert. Evanscycles at least seems to sell compatible bearing replacement set: Norco 2013 Sight Killer-B Dropout Pivot Bolt and Bearing Kit | Evans Cycles

I ordered that but havent received it yet. Also found one other shop in Germany, Freeride-mountain.de, who might have these bearing sets... If you are located in Europe, those might be the solution, on the other side of the pond it might be cheaper to get elsewhere...

The alloy insert has lump in the middle, and 4mm allen slot inside, so you can get the first bolt tightened correctly. I managed to dremel out the 4mm allen slot so that I could put a thru bolt with nyloc nut on the otherside to keep the bike rocking until I receive the new bearing set. Seems that some kind of bearing pull-/push-out tool would be required to change those...

mtbr member