2019 are out- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2019 are out

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

2019 are out

Looks like they dropped the top of the line Optic and Revolver... no more XX1 and carbon wheels.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    ugh jesus, that 70s brown.

I was going to do just a frame, but that color though......

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    The Optic frame only is black and dark green.

70s brown for the Sight!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I wonder if revolver fs will get a mid year make over? It's time for them to update the Geo.

Meatbomb
    Has customer service improved?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hey Norco, we intend to get the bike dirty so no need to make the frame brown. I was really hoping to pickup a Sight but damn that color is awful. Could you have at least kept the black frame an option?

Also, hope you can actually release bikes in larger numbers.

By chance, anyone know of any shops that have a black 2018 C72 (M) in stock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by stibar01 View Post
    Hey Norco, we intend to get the bike dirty so no need to make the frame brown. I was really hoping to pickup a Sight but damn that color is awful. Could you have at least kept the black frame an option?

Also, hope you can actually release bikes in larger numbers.

By chance, anyone know of any shops that have a black 2018 C72 (M) in stock?
    Yep, that is what I was talking about. Their high end Sight is brown and gold. When I saw that, I was like WTF is this?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Should be no supply issues for the Sight with those colors, LOL

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee View Post
    I wonder if revolver fs will get a mid year make over? It's time for them to update the Geo.
    Keep in mind that the Revolver is a Race bike. The geometry is pretty good I think, they just need to slacken the head angle a bit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Other manufactures. have newer geo for their race bikes. Norco has a XC race team so we'll have to wait an see.

mtbr member
    Here:
    https://www.norco.com/bikes/

Providing a link is really the decent thing to do!

But yes, they're ugly (I like the lady colors though).

Note: Transition puts out another awesome video; this time for their carbon Patrol. I laughed when I saw "two color options to complain about" on the dry erase board.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Here:
    https://www.norco.com/bikes/

Note: Transition puts out another awesome video; this time for their carbon Patrol. I laughed when I saw "two color options to complain about" on the dry erase board.
    I don't get this. Give us one normal color for boring people like myself and another that's bat shit crazy looking for those that want something loud. I saw it was mentioned earlier and agree I'd rather have the women's specific color. As stupid as it sounds, I will take my money elsewhere ove the color options.

Norco seems to be missing it. The Sight was released to rave reviews about price/quality and there's no supply. Instead of building on that momentum, they lower the spec and give us crappy color options. Only saving grace could be there custom build program so will be interesting to see what that looks like. Yeah I'll say - it first world problems.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    So this year Sight and Range has build options. It's not up yet but I wonder if you can pick your frame? Could you with the Sight last year?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    i think the copper sight looks rad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    i think the copper sight looks rad
    Agreed, it's copper metallic and not brown. Saw a picture in Pinkbike and it's awesome.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee View Post
    So this year Sight and Range has build options. It's not up yet but I wonder if you can pick your frame? Could you with the Sight last year?
    Affirmative.

I did the Build Your Bike thing a couple of months ago with my Sight. I went with the C1 build spec, but with the black frame (instead of the stock red one). I then swapped out the E*13 wheelset with We Are One wheels and Minions, and the Reverb post with a Factory Transfer and a Wolf Tooth remote. I also replaced the SRAM crank with a RaceFace Next R. Good to go.

2019 are out-img_9445.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain2 View Post
    Keep in mind that the Revolver is a Race bike. The geometry is pretty good I think, they just need to slacken the head angle a bit.
    I think the Revolver geometry was a little progressive when it first came out in terms of the Seat tube angle compared to other XC bikes. It needs an update to increase tire width clearance and to be able to take 120mm fork as an option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Did the geometry numbers for the Sight change because of the up-forking from 150mm to 160mm?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    As far as I can tell, the frames on the Sight & Range are the same and the geometry changes come from the longer forks on the 2019 models.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Affirmative.

I did the Build Your Bike thing a couple of months ago with my Sight. I went with the C1 build spec, but with the black frame (instead of the stock red one). I then swapped out the E*13 wheelset with We Are One wheels and Minions, and the Reverb post with a Factory Transfer and a Wolf Tooth remote. I also replaced the SRAM crank with a RaceFace Next R. Good to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9445.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	1218574
    Ah ha!! I finally found what bike you actually bought

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    Ah ha!! I finally found what bike you actually bought
    Busted.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinearl View Post
    I think the Revolver geometry was a little progressive when it first came out in terms of the Seat tube angle compared to other XC bikes. It needs an update to increase tire width clearance and to be able to take 120mm fork as an option.
    I think a lot of people are already running 120mm, just don't get caught by your bike shop if you care about warranty.

I personally don't ride wider than 2.3 rear. At equal weight, I prefer thinner trail tire than a wide XC tire.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    The fluid FS finally got Thru-Axles. $1650 for FS with dropper ain't awful. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Love the $1650 Fluid, but I'd worry about the fork. Suntour's high end forks are supposedly to be great, but I didn't find good things online about the low end ones.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    The prices have dropped with the build spec drops too. Guess you can't have a retail carbon Enduro/All mountain bike costing more than your new carbon E-bike...

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I don't see mention of their using Enduro bearings for the new Sights. Did they change bearings or just don't mention it? That was a selling point for me when I bought my 2017 Sight.
    I am thinking of buying a Fluid for my wife and also wonder about the bearing quality for that bike too.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pinche View Post
    I don't see mention of their using Enduro bearings for the new Sights. Did they change bearings or just don't mention it? That was a selling point for me when I bought my 2017 Sight.
    I am thinking of buying a Fluid for my wife and also wonder about the bearing quality for that bike too.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

My 2018 came with Enduro bearings, and specifically had a small sticker and booklet that came with the bike.

I'm happy to see they switched to the Deluxe rear shock for the C3.
    I picked up a rear shock from a 2018 C2 and swapped one out for the DPS that came stock on my bike. It seems to work better in the open mode without blowing through travel like the DPS did in open mode.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The Fluid FS 1 says a Revelation fork with a Charger 2 damper? If that's true that's amazing value.