2018 Norco Revolver FS2- First Ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2018 Norco Revolver FS2- First Ride

Fit and finish are top notch on the Revolver. The red metallic paint is too nice to get dirty!

I was only able to get a quick 1 hour ride in but I immediately felt very familiar and comfortable on the bike. I can fit either a large or medium frame. I like the medium frames because I feel like I can turn the bike a little quicker on the tighter East Coast trails. The medium frame fit me perfectly (5í10Ē).

For the past 8 years Iíve been on single pivot bikes in one form or another so I was worried that the Horst design wouldnít perform as well as a single pivot with a switch (Scott Twinloc). Immediately on the first fire road climb I totally forgot about switches and lock outs....it climbs very efficiently in the full open mode.

Iím still getting the setup dialed in so during my first test ride I felt like the fork was a little harsh. I took 5psi out of the RS SID and that seemed to calm down the harsh feel over smaller bumps and roots.

I like a low front end but the head set bearing has what think is an unusually tall stack. I might be able to get a low stack head set bearing cap; I will look into that. So in the meantime I but a negative rise stem on and that put the front end in a perfect position.

I hit a few Strava segments to compare the Norco to my PRís and even with the bike not perfectly dialed I was still within a few seconds of my KOMís.

The fork and shock are still brand new so after a couple of rides when they break in I can fine tune them to suit my preference.

I choose the FS2 as my training bike for 2018 because it came with burly wheels and components rather than weight weenie stuff Iíll race on.

My first impression of the Norco Revolver is that this bike is ready to roll right out of the box. I will tweak a few things but overall I am very happy with the Revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Looking forward to more, really hoping to get one soon.

mtbr member
    Have you weighed it? Just curious.

mtbr member
    I added some chunky tires to make the bike a little more fun for the off season. I also put on carbon bars and a carbon seat post. With pedals and cages it was right at 25lbs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    What size are your chunky tires? I'm looking to pick up a revolver and am wondering what size tires the frame can handle. 2.3s?

mtbr member
    Iím running 2.25ís with some room left. 2.3ís should be fine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhon View Post
    What size are your chunky tires? I'm looking to pick up a revolver and am wondering what size tires the frame can handle. 2.3s?

Depends on the rim width and brand of tire. I had a Schwalbe 2.35" Racing Ralph I tried to run on a 23mm internal rim. In order to keep it from rubbing during hard conning on the inside of the drive side chain stay, I would have had to dish the wheel out of center about 2mm to the non-drive side.