2016 Revolver 9.3 head angle- Mtbr.com
    Tribe member

2016 Revolver 9.3 head angle

Hello all! I am this close to pulling the trigger on a trade of my Intense T275c for a Revolver 9.3. I had the Intense when in the PNW and have moved to the midwest and it is much more bike than I need. I also did my first xc race in years on it and am looking forward to doing more again. So my sights have been on something with less travel. With the recent trend of modern XC bikes (SC Blur, Yeti SB100, Intense Sniper), I was curious if it's possible to get the head angle to the 68-68.5 degree range. I think it's about 69 with a 120 fork on it right?

mtbr member
    That's about right. Only option to go more slack would be an angleset headset, if there is one that fits.

I found the HA to be just right for midwest riding. The long reach, and relatively long front-center made the bike quite confident on technical terrain.

Tribe member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos View Post
    That's about right. Only option to go more slack would be an angleset headset, if there is one that fits.

I found the HA to be just right for midwest riding. The long reach, and relatively long front-center made the bike quite confident on technical terrain.
    Thanks for that info! Yeah, I had an older 26" Yeti ASRc in the Denver area before moving to the PNW. Then I upgraded to a Norco Range c7.3 for about a year before swapping to the Tracer. So I've been on a long travel bike with pretty slack head angle for a bit. I'll probably just have to ride it a bit and see how she gets along before getting to crazy. Will probably pull the trigger on a Pike or Revelation and set it at 120 if I find the right deal. I think having it at 69 will be good enough for me. This will be my first time on a 29er, so I'm anxious to give it a ride.