2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 Bluto?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    37

    2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 Bluto?

    I'm looking at a new Bigfoot 6.1 and the build is great for the price but I am confused by there statement on "Suspension Corrected Fork" Does that mean the new frame will work with a Bluto Fork? I know last years didn't without making it more slack ect... Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    116
    Yes, that means what you think - it will work with a suspension fork if you put one on it.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crankpuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by tilltheend View Post
    I'm looking at a new Bigfoot 6.1 and the build is great for the price but I am confused by there statement on "Suspension Corrected Fork" Does that mean the new frame will work with a Bluto Fork? I know last years didn't without making it more slack ect... Thanks!
    If you are looking to put a suspension fork on the 6.1 bigfoot it is better value to get the sasquatch 6.2 with the rst renegade. It is a really good fork.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by crankpuller View Post
    If you are looking to put a suspension fork on the 6.1 bigfoot it is better value to get the sasquatch 6.2 with the rst renegade. It is a really good fork.
    I haven't dug around too much regarding the RST fork, but everyone seems to be running a Bluto.
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a Sasquash 6.2 Rigid. I opted for the carbon fork for winter riding and plan on upgrading to the Bluto come spring.

    Do you have any saddle time with the RST?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crankpuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    I haven't dug around too much regarding the RST fork, but everyone seems to be running a Bluto.
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a Sasquash 6.2 Rigid. I opted for the carbon fork for winter riding and plan on upgrading to the Bluto come spring.

    Do you have any saddle time with the RST?
    A few rides.
    So far I am impressed. Seemed more active than the bluto - which I prefer. I haven't played with the settings yet but I haven't felt the need to.

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by crankpuller View Post
    A few rides.
    So far I am impressed. Seemed more active than the bluto - which I prefer. I haven't played with the settings yet but I haven't felt the need to.
    Thats interesting feedback but good to hear. I think I'll take a look at the Sasq 6.2 w/ RST fork. The rigid and RST models are spec'ed the same which is good.
    I prefer the headtube angle on the RST fork model(68 degrees) opposed to the 69.5 degree rigid model, but I think after I install a Bluto that would put in the same general area of the fork equipped bike which what I'm gunning for.

    Rockshox bluto length: 511mm
    Rigid fork length: 480mm

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15
    You end up getting the 6.1? Just brought mine home tonight


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,077
    would also love a ride report - its on the short list!

    Thanks in advance!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    35
    Would also really like a ride report. Great value with all the Norco Fat models. Looking at either a Bigfoot 6.1 or Sasquatch 6.2 Rigid myself. Not sure about suspended models, but nice to hear the positive feedback on the Renegade.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    Here's my norco sasquatch 6.1 awesome bike, i haven't stopped smiling since i got it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 Bluto?-img_2279-1280x853-.jpg  

    2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 Bluto?-20160415_103305-720x1280-.jpg  

    2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 Bluto?-20160415_103315-720x1280-.jpg  


  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17
    Nice bike. What size is your Sasquatch?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    Hi sorry for the late reply it's a small.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    67
    2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 Bluto?-20160924_180838.jpg
    Just picked up my Sasquatch 6.2 rigid. I need to dial in the tire pressure some more. It handles well but the bars are a little wide for our narrow single track we have.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    334
    Does anyone know what the carbon fork specs are? I'm thinking of putting RSD carbon fork which is I believe 490mm a2c and 51mm offset for winter. How would that compare to Norco carbon fork?

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 Norco Bigfoot/Sasquatch info leaked!
    By simonj in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 01:04 PM
  2. Norco bigfoot or KHS 4 Season
    By Niko in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-15-2015, 08:02 PM
  3. 2014 Norco Bigfoot
    By Rockhead66 in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2014, 07:26 PM
  4. Norco Bigfoot 6.2 weight?
    By ssnowman in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2014, 06:29 AM
  5. Kona Five-o vs Norco Bigfoot
    By danpluso in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 03:38 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.