2014 sight carbon Headset problem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

2014 sight carbon Headset problem

I got a 2014 sight carbon, the problem is that when I rock the bike forward and backward, "knock" sound keeps coming from the headtube. And if I tighten the headset to a level that strange sound won't make, the fork can even steer!! I can see there're no space between the fork crown and the frame.What is the problem?
    My fork is a pike 160mm
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You might want to check that the integrated bearings are orientated in the correct direction in the frame. One side of the bearing is chamfered or has an angle in the outer casing. This should face into the frame. Installing them the wrong way can lead to the problems you are experiencing.

BTW - I replaced the stock headset within a month because mine had rusted. I installed a Cane Creek 40 and haven't had any issues.
    www.bikebrew.com.au
    Australian Distributor for Knolly Bikes|Chromag|Guerrilla Gravity|Dealer for LenzSport|MRP Suspension

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    it "may" also be the what rock shox referred to as the "dimple" btw the pos/neg air in the fork - it produces a sort of knock sound and feel - like when you lift the front wheel off the ground and the fork extends a bit... noticed a similar knock when I bought mine - and the shop clearly determined it was the fork - lots of posts in the suspension thread about this as well... you may want to eliminate this as the source of the noise/feel... and now that i recently replaced my fork - that sensation is gone