mtbr member
    Oct 2016

2014 Range 7.1A cracked upper rear triangle

Just dropped it off at the LBS. Gonna wait and see what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    How big was the drop?
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    No drop. Just heard a tire rub and noticed it. LBS just let me know that a replacement was enroute under warranty

mtbr member
    May 2015
    It's a common fault , the sight frame issue thread has a few ranges with the same break in there. They have near identical rear ends. I'm sure Norco will replace. I've had 3 break in the same spot. I'm Currently awaiting my next warranty replacement frame.

mtbr member
    Yup, happened to me as well. I posted in the other thread, got a replacement from Norco. 3 breaks bikefarmer? Crazy... If it happens to me one more time I'm going with an Endorphin.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    The 2015 onwards has a bead of weld run further up, I presume to help prevent this. Is the new rear triangle they're getting you a 2015 one?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Yup new piece has a a bead of weld where the crack would have originated

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by phreeky View Post
    The 2015 onwards has a bead of weld run further up, I presume to help prevent this. Is the new rear triangle they're getting you a 2015 one?
    The bead of weld doesn't seem to have made much difference on my replacement 15 sight frame, which has an almost identical rear end to a Range, it still cracked, as well as the frame. They have just replaced it with a 16 frame which is the same frame except the color 😕.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikefarmer View Post
    The bead of weld doesn't seem to have made much difference on my replacement 15 sight frame, which has an almost identical rear end to a Range, it still cracked, as well as the frame. They have just replaced it with a 16 frame which is the same frame except the color .
    Geez that's not good to hear. Do you have a photo? I've not seen a pic of any broken rear triangles with that extra weld.

Are you a big lad? I have a 2015 Sight and hope to never have this happen - I do hit the occasional jump/drop however I'm only a touch over 70kg so I have that on my side.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I don't have a pic sorry, I was taking the bike in for a broken top tube and while I was putting it in the car noticed the drive side seat stay was on it's way out with a crack, not right through but defo a crack. I'm familiar with this bike breaking as this was my 3rd time in the same spot.

Am I a big lad, I'm not small but not massive, 6ft 5 , 16st or 210+ lbs or 100kg, which ever your money, so within the recommended range. The 2015 frame could only have been ridden 10- 20 times on very benign trails, as I have a yeti sb6 that I tend to ride most of the time. After 3 breaks I've lost all faith in Norco, and have nothing against saying how it is, if they continue building bikes that break, I hope they go out of business.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Yeah I can't blame you for feeling like that, it doesn't matter how many times they honour warranty - it's clearly not fit for purpose.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dill I Gaf View Post
    Just dropped it off at the LBS. Gonna wait and see what they say

Been there done that aug 13/16. Nice XC ride with newbs. I noticed it on a sharp uphill. They gave me a 2015 rear triangle. I got it back Sep 8. The orange triangle was supposed to be in this month. I got to ride a Stache 29+ in the meantime.
    TCX advanced SX

mtbr member
    I heard the same tire rub.
    TCX advanced SX