What are your Air 9 Experiences?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

What are your Air 9 Experiences?

After doing a bit more looking around today, I'm really leaning towards getting an Air 9 to build my next bike, probably around May or June. It looks good on paper, should be enough bike for my area, and I see a lot of positive things. One of the mechanics owns one and was just raving about it. He even offered to let me ride it some time! It also helps the shop owner is willing to knock the price down to $600
    Anyway, I just want to get your takes on the frame? Is it any good? Any problems?
    '08 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc (Stolen). I hope you break both kneecaps of the jerk who stole you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I love mine, its about a year and a half old now and it simply rocks my world. Ive had other 29ers and many 26" bikes and the air9 simply is awesome. I know that not the most detailed review but I just cant express in words just how awesome it is.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have had mine a bit over a year and unfortunately not ridden it as much as I would have liked. But it is an awesome hardtail, definitely the best hardtail I have owned. Its very responsive and loves to be hammered. Can look pretty and come in fairly light too.

Where's Toto?
    Been on one for two seasons. Love the handling. Highly recommended. I'm considering a move to an A9C for 2011, but only because they're damn sexy.

Fast bike-slow rider
    I have a new to me Air9 and came from a Spesh 29er. Niner have their geometry dialed in, it is a super responsive bike. I had the opportunity to demo a '11 Spesh S-Works Carbon Stumpy on a familiar trail back to back with my Air9 and I felt my Air9 with a Reba holds a line and turns much better, the only place the S-Works was better was that it was so much lighter. The Air9 is a great hardtail.
    Jesse
    Ritchey P650b

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    This all pretty much sums up what the LBS mechanic was telling me. At that price and with what I've been hearing, I'm pretty confident that's the way I want to go. I was thinking picking up a used SC or Pivot 429, but I've decided I want a 29er and the used Tallboys and 429s are way expensive, and I don't really need that rear suspension. Now I'm debating between raw and Tang Orange.
    Endure, from your tag I'm guessing your from Kansas? What part?
    '08 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc (Stolen). I hope you break both kneecaps of the jerk who stole you.

Members who have read this thread: 0