One9 RDO, bring it back!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

One9 RDO, bring it back!

So I slapped a new fork on the used one9 rdo I bought last year. The sid broke for the last time and I'm not going to have a failure during my race season. I'm in love with the dvo stuff oyoun my RIP rdo so why not on the SS.

It added some weight but I'd rather be sure the damper works for 20 miles than save a buttered piece of bread in weight.

I've got 15 or so rides on this frame averaging 13-17 miles per ride. I'm no race winner or rampage guy. Just another dork on a bike. But for some reason the SS appeals to me. Less stuff to screw up and just proof that I can still climb hills without planetary range low gearing.

With all that being said I'd like to challenge niner to bring the one9 back. No compromise between the air9 and sir. Just a bad ass straight up XC race frame.

Make room for a 29x2.6 in the rear when its covered in mud. Keep the bb high enough when in the lower eccentric setting to keep toes out of harms way. Put cable housing mounts on the bottom of the TT for external cable routing of "cheap" dropper posts. Maybe even go with the boss type cable mounts from the ros and sir so I don't loose $25 in good zip-ties every year. Send the frame out the door with a maxle stealth rear axle to save $ and #.

But, just bring back the one9!

"I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
    What this guy said.