Niner JET 9 Sizing Question...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2018

Niner JET 9 Sizing Question...

People who are around 5'6", what size do you ride? On many brands I can be OK on a Small or Medium frame.

For the Jet 9, I like the reach and overall feel of the size Small frame, but with the 100mm dropper post, I'd need to extend it at least two full inches beyond the minimum insertion length in order to have enough leg extension.

I am surprised to see that Niner put the 100m dropper on this bike in the size S because the seat tube is so low/short that you can't really extend this post up much at all. Anyone over 5'2" or 5'3" would probably be running into this problem .

Of course you can just run a longer travel post, but it still seems odd to me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I'm 5'9" and a solid Medium. Neither the Small or the Large worked for me and the Medium is very comfortable.

I put a 125mm KS LevSi on and it is down in the tube as far as it will go. In fact the KS and the OneUp are the only 125 posts I could find that would go down far enough to work for me. My cycling inseam is right at 30.5 to 31".

Is the seat tube that much shorter on the Small? I have a couple of friends on Small Niners (I think one is a Jet). I never paid any attention to what dropper they were using but none have had to raise the post that high that I've noticed - definitely not above the minimum line...

I'll check next time I see them.

slow
    At 5'10" my large JET9 was a bit big for me. My AIR9 is a medium and fits better than my Jet did.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm 5'6" and have a medium jet. It has a 125mm ks Lev dropper and I have just over an inch exposed below the collar, just enough to fit a Mac ride.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk