Good dropper post/stem for Jet9 Carbon 2015- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good dropper post/stem for Jet9 Carbon 2015

I think I may break down and get a dropper post for my 2015 Jet9 Carbon size medium. Any suggestions as to what works well with that bike?

Also considering getting a shorter stem as that seems to be all the rage these days. I have a 100 on there now. It is the only piece left from the component group I moved over to that frame from my old Salsa Spearfish. It is very comfortable, but I have a hard time picking the front end up, although most of that is probably my lack of skills.

I would love to hear comments from anyone who has gone from a long stem to one of the newer style short ones as to how that affected the handling on your Jet9.

Thanks!
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    I think I may break down and get a dropper post for my 2015 Jet9 Carbon size medium. Any suggestions as to what works well with that bike?

Also considering getting a shorter stem as that seems to be all the rage these days. I have a 100 on there now. It is the only piece left from the component group I moved over to that frame from my old Salsa Spearfish. It is very comfortable, but I have a hard time picking the front end up, although most of that is probably my lack of skills.

I would love to hear comments from anyone who has gone from a long stem to one of the newer style short ones as to how that affected the handling on your Jet9.

Thanks!
    KS Lev 125mm dropper has worked great on my 2012 Jet RDO Large the last few years. Also, went to a 90mm stem from 100mm and to a 740mm bar from a 710mm. The shorter stem does pick up the front end quicker but I think I prefer the 100mm for better fit and stability. The frame reach seems engineered for a little longer stem. Iím used to the 90mm stem with the wider bars now so have left it that way. Itís plenty fun and the wider bars seem to balance the shorter stem out. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I ordered a KS Lev yesterday and also a 70mm stem. I didn't want to get too radical with the short stem thing. I am also going to try out some flat pedals just to see how I like them.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller