Closekids.com

Anyone using holzfellers?

Hey, i was looking for some new cranks for my impending RIP arrival. Really liked the Truvativ Stylo Oct 2.2 and came across this.

Has a Howitzer BB vs Team Giga X Pipe (difference?)
    Galvanized (steel?) vs Aluminum arms
    Steel bolts vs Alloy

But the weight is not listed on the spec page, but it says 807 on some of the sites selling them. Don't know, but I like the 22, 34 bash setup and the stiffness has to be very similar to the AM cranks.

Any thoughts?

Out there
    Aug 2006
    I'm just not a fan of the way the Truvativ crank arms are attached. Basically there's a single bolt which tightens them onto a spline. If they start to work loose there's no way in hell you will ever get them to stay tight again. Mine could be tightened to Ultimate Torque and they would be loose again in fifteen minutes. I'm not a huge Shimano fan but the XT cranks are rock solid. They use a proper pre-load / locking system. I've also had good results with Race Face but the Shimanos are nicer.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

Underskilled
    All correct, but the raceface are nice, Atlas, solid and look awsome!

beater
    I haven't heard or read a bad thing about SLX so I'm putting the double on my WFO.

Members who have read this thread: 0