Any clydesdales running a Push'd Monarch on a WFO?- Mtbr.com
    Tame the Penguin!

Any clydesdales running a Push'd Monarch on a WFO?

Looking for feedback from those clydesdales running a Push'd Monarch RT/RT-AM shock on their WFO. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm considering running a Monarch with HV canister.

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=97&type=products&title=<B><font% 20color=red>NEW!</B></font%20color>%20RockShox%20Monarch%20RT/RT-AM&product_id=76

-El Beastro

Tame the Penguin!
    Wow....so nobody. Guess I'll be the trailblazer with the Monarch then.....should have my new WFO built by the end of the month....just in time to shake it down in Fruita.

-El Beastro

Underskilled
    You do not want the volume to high. I found the HV1 on the RP23 too much, but the small can too small. I modified the overflow can to reduce it's side (half filled it with plastic sheet).
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveGiant
    You do not want the volume to high. I found the HV1 on the RP23 too much, but the small can too small. I modified the overflow can to reduce it's side (half filled it with plastic sheet).
    Interesting....what traits did the rear suspension give that you didn't like with the high volume canister on the RP23?

Underskilled
    blew through travel. Even on 20-25% sag I could bottom rolling off a curb.
    I tried the low volume can, and that spiked, but found when a bit in between it was the best suspension ever.

Try and get a variable spring rate shock.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Tame the Penguin!
    blew through travel. Even on 20-25% sag I could bottom rolling off a curb.
    I tried the low volume can, and that spiked, but found when a bit in between it was the best suspension ever.

Try and get a variable spring rate shock.
    What are you running currently for a rear shock?

Underskilled
    The RP23, it is very easy to adjust the air chamber size.

There is a clip holding the overflow chamber on. remove the clip (empty shock first). Slide the can down. Use 1.2mm plastic sheeting to fill as much of that space as you want.

Takes about a minute and you do not even need to remove the shock from the bike, or undo anything but that clip.

The DHX (i think) has a dial to adjust the air chamber size, but this is easy. I do not know much about the monarch

Tame the Penguin!
    After a long talk with Larry at Mountain High Cyclery....I've opted for a PUSH'd Monarch RC3 PLUS:

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=97&type=products&title=<B><font% 20color=red>NEW!</B></font%20color>%20RockShox%20Monarch%20PLUS%20RC3&pr oduct_id=78

Looking forward to getting the WFO built and trying it out......

--El Beastro

Tame the Penguin!
    The RP23, it is very easy to adjust the air chamber size.
    CG,

Thanks for posting your info and setup on your RP23. I'm going with the Monarch RC3 PLUS and we'll see if I can't get it dialed in with the help of Darren at PUSH.

I'll let you know how things go.....

--El Beastro

Members who have read this thread: 0