2012 Models Release Date?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

2012 Models Release Date?

Just wondering if you have a date yet of when you plan to announce your 2012 lineup?

COTA member
    I don't think Niner has model years. For example the new Jet 9 RDO is not called the 2012 Jet 9 RDO.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    OK. They do offer different colors each year though, correct? I'm really more interested in what colors the 2012 MCRs & SIRs are going to be offered in. I like Kermit green, but don't mind waiting if they're going to offer these in Tang or Hot Tamale next year. I just built my first SIR and love it. I'd like to keep the rigid fork on it and convert it to SS while building another with a squishy fork and 1x10.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    does anyone know whether the mcr 9 in kermit green will glow in the dark?

mtbr member
    Megalops -

Dryside is correct, we don't do model years - we change our frames when there is a compelling reason, such as a new technology we would like to incorporate, or perhaps a new component standard that we feel is a significant improvement for riders.

We do change colors periodically, but it isn't based on a particular time of year. Sometimes it is for a special event, such as our 9 limited edition Air 9 Carbon frames for IMBA this year, and sometimes it is because we have seen a ton of requests for a certain color.

MBaxter82 - Our raw finish glows, kermit does not, currently.

Cheers,
    Carla

Peace,
    Niner Bikes

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    sweet thanks. i always hear people talking about steel mtbs but what is the benefit? like lets take the mcr 9 for example how would that ride differently from a material standpoint than an air 9?

banned
    Mar 2004
    Niner, thanks for not sticking to model years like Spec., Trek, Giant, etc. Model years suck for dealers. As soon as the new year models start to become available, it instantly devalues any current year inventory you still have in stock. At least 6 months before the dang new year!

Again, thanks Niner and thanks to my sales rep, Mike Stanley. I'll be seeing him this Sunday in Davidson, NC!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner Bikes View Post
    Megalops -

Dryside is correct, we don't do model years - we change our frames when there is a compelling reason, such as a new technology we would like to incorporate, or perhaps a new component standard that we feel is a significant improvement for riders.

We do change colors periodically, but it isn't based on a particular time of year. Sometimes it is for a special event, such as our 9 limited edition Air 9 Carbon frames for IMBA this year, and sometimes it is because we have seen a ton of requests for a certain color.

Cheers,
    Carla
    Thanks for the update. For the record, here's one request for a steel frame in Tang color.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner Bikes View Post
    Megalops -

Cheers,
    Carla
    So, your comment makes me wonder if the Scandium Air 9's (which I just purchased and received today - - thank you for the sale Niner) and the EMD 9's are moing to a new component standard, let's say a tapered steerer and a press fit or BB 30 BB shell?
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

belt drive......on an Air 9 Carbon!!!

Pretty please?

Family of inserts to bring a seperated seat/chain stay together would be the bomb. Air 9 Carbon with Gates center track belt drive would make for an awesome platform to slide into cyclocross/urban/commuting for those like me who are completely hooked on the zen like experience of belt drive. Flame away.... I can take it : )

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Carbon RIP9

Is there going to be a Carbon RIP9 in our future? I can't imagine NINER not doing this. I saw a post on another thread that 2012 would present us with that but I was wondering if anyone had anything solid on this?

NINER, care to fill us in?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr View Post
    So, your comment makes me wonder if the Scandium Air 9's (which I just purchased and received today - - thank you for the sale Niner) and the EMD 9's are moing to a new component standard, let's say a tapered steerer and a press fit or BB 30 BB shell?
    There's definitely going to be frame changes. I think tapered steerer is a shoo in for sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi everyone, I hope I can raise my question here in this thread!Cant post my own thread yet as Im a new member here. Anyhoo, Can thte RIP take the abuse of say a RM Slayer or an Intense Tracer,nomad or moment?I would like to know how "all mountain" is the RIP9?Is it safe to say that a RIP is very much inclined to be like a Turner 5 spot in terms of versatility?thanks to anyone who can give advice on this.I own a Niner RIP9 btw. I started on a 29er last december so my knowledge as to the 26 vs. 29 is onesided.

mtbr member
    Few questions regarding the Jet9. Is the raw finish actually raw metal or is it a silver paint? If it is raw how does it glow, is it from a clear coat?

Also I read that the ď2012Ē Jet9 will have a retuned RP23 rear shock, so since Niners doesnít have model years per se, is there any way to tell? I donít think itís a deal breaker either way for me, Iíll just buy/order whatever is available.

COTA member
    I have the raw Jet 9 frame. It appears to be a hard glossy clear coat over the polished frame. Looks much better in person. The finish has grown on me. I got mine in early July. Not sure which RP23 shock I have, but it works great.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    niner is showing teaser shots of new frame on bikerumor

mtbr member
    Any chance on a stronger rear triangle option for the WFO? The current design seems to crunch easily. Not sure I trust it going big anymore.