whats up with the bb height figures?- Mtbr.com
    PSI
    I want that one

New question here. whats up with the bb height figures?

hey whafe, congrats again on the new forum... here's one I've been wanting to ask for a while, how do nicolai take the bb height measure? the helius fr is listed as 20mm and the st as 35??? this would make pedaling a real pain , obviously I'm missing something here.

PSI
    I want that one
    and since im at it...
    do the weight figures on the nicolai site include the shock?

"Its All Good"
    PSI - I know that the BB measurements seem real strange for sure, you have probly seen the below diagram on the Nicolai site. Have made it red lines where they take the measurements from...

I will talk to Falco at Nicolai, he is on Holiday at present. So will ask him when the give the frame weight, which is generally a medium frame, does this include the Shock, along with some real measurements so to speak on BB heights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

PSI
    I want that one
    actually makes sense to measure from the center of the wheels to figure in the variable of tire height... how very german (in a good way).

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by PSI
    actually makes sense to measure from the center of the wheels to figure in the variable of tire height... how very german (in a good way).
    Yeah, would be great to have some standard measurement methods, with Imperial and Metric etc...

Forks in MM, Shocks in Inches.......... A real pain....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

lazy piston
    Mar 2006
    1. Measuring the BB height the way Nicolai do makes even more sense since you can put different tires which would change the actual BB height.

2. I believe frame weights are with shock, but which shock exactly, I don't know. It may be even that the weight is listed with one shock while the frame depicted in the catalog is with another shock (like it was in 2007: weight was most obviously with a coil shock while the frame in the catalog had the RS Pearl installed)

Members who have read this thread: 0