What’s up with Nicolai- Mtbr.com
    Hisforever

What’s up with Nicolai

Back in May I contacted Nicolai and ordered a Saturn 14st & a G1. Both frames are paid for but it feels like I should know the latest on eta but they won’t answer emails(I’ve sent about 5 now over 2weeks). Last I heard two weeks ago was “waiting on springs for the g1 Saturn ready to ship

Just wondering if I should be concerned due to the lack of communication?

Ibis Ripmo -wifes
    Scout
    Saturn St
    G1
    Yz 250x - no ebikes

Hisforever
    Got an email. Still waiting for springs

Hisforever
    still nothing, Fu Nicolai even told them i'll find my own springs, just send the frames already. no reply, emailed ext also, no response from nicolai to them either.
    .regretting this purchase,

dont buy nicolai, might be getting ripped off this time

Ibis Ripmo -wifes
    Scout
    Saturn St
    G1
    Yz 250x - no ebikes

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Have you tried to find a phone # to be able to call and talk to them?

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    Spring excuse sounds like BS.
    What a bunch of a-holes. You order 2 frames and they don't even respond to you.

You'll get your frames eventually, but that does sound like shit customer service.

I would try to reach out to them using FB, or make comments on their IG. Sooner or later they will respond because they will have to.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    usually when someone posts a complaint on social media about a company, it seems that the company will try to reach out to fix the problem.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB View Post
    still nothing, Fu Nicolai even told them i'll find my own springs, just send the frames already. no reply, emailed ext also, no response from nicolai to them either.
    .regretting this purchase,

dont buy nicolai, might be getting ripped off this time

Thats too bad, I just bought a Saturn 14ST, they weren't super great about updating on the process of getting the frame out the door, but were responsive to my emails, always responding within 24 hours during business days, not sure who's responding to your emails but [email protected] is who I have worked with and he's been great.

Good luck, hopefully you'll get your frames, Love my G1, looking forward to getting my Saturn 14

Marcus
    Aug 2018
    I never understand why people come on social media to rant about a manufacturer. This is a fan site, not a complaints department. And it's certainly not a place to try and persuade other people to not buy Nicolai or any other manufacturer. What was the lead time you were given? mine took 2 months as a custom, but that was a few years ago. In case you haven't noticed, there is a world wide pandemic that is affecting every industry. Furthermore, people are buying bikes and components like hot cakes as cycling in general becomes more popular as people are mostly working from home and getting outdoors more when they finish work. So components will be in shorter supply, and some people may be furloughed or dead or whatever with covid19 somewhere in the supply chains. Got a complaint? Ring them. They have phones, you know. If you want a quick turnaround, why not buy from a big manufacturer, not a small artisan company. You sure Nicolai is for you? What amazes me most is if we switched this round would you be happy if someone was on social media slagging off your company? That should be your starting point before doing so.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFarley View Post
    What was the lead time you were given? mine took 2 months as a custom, but that was a few years ago.
    Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Back in May I contacted Nicolai and ordered a Saturn 14st & a G1. Both frames are paid for but it feels like I should know the latest on eta but they won’t answer emails(I’ve sent about 5 now over 2weeks). Last I heard two weeks ago was “waiting on springs for the g1 Saturn ready to ship
    Got an email. Still waiting for springs
    still nothing
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Marcus
    Aug 2018
    Err, no. Lead time = when he ordered the frames Nicolai gave him an ETA. He doesn't state what that is and whether that has passed. When in May did he order them? His post is from the end of June.

Nicolai make the frames following orders, they are not waiting in stock to send.

There is a world wide pandemic affecting every industry. This will make any ETA likely longer anyway.

Owning a Nicolai is owning a piece of art. And well worth the wait.