Todays Ride at Lynwood with CF & Co- Mtbr.com
    "Its All Good"

Good job! Todays Ride at Lynwood with CF & Co

I am at present in the Boston area of Ma in the US of A...

Rode with CF today. Was great to meet the elusive dude...

Rather scary, we are quite similar.... Bring on the sh!t slinging....

It was raining today so the terrain was rather greasy to be honest...

This sort of terrain is real new for me, we dont have this in New Zealand. So it always excites me to ride some new terrain... Really short little climbs up onto large, and I mean large rocks etc, then the trail carry's on etc. Am sure you get the drift....

Was a cool little ride, CF was pointing out the big drops to flat etc, and showing lines he used to do etc. I was scared to death, I am deemed a crazy focker some years back, the sh!t this dude was hitting back then blew me away so to speak.... So was funny seeing the rocks etc, then going through albums seeing CF doing these drops...

My first shot is of a Drop Jump to flat called Eye Drop, see the scale of the picture, there is no tranny etc.... Super props to him for doing this stuff in the past....

Anyway, so met up with another Buddy of CF's, so it was 2 Nicolai's today, my Nucleon and two Helius FR's.....

I rode the Large FR, which has a slightly longer top tube so custom, was an awesome bike, didnt do much riding on it, but was good to throw a leg over seeing as though I have one on order...

CF's bike is cool in the flesh, looks real nice...

A few shots of us coming down a roller, was harder than it looks I guess, the flat area is not great... I give CF my FF helmet, have got wimpy doing stuff in a XC type lid....

We will ride another area tomorrow...

Bihezilla, MilesE are coming up from NY on Sunday, we will ride Lynwoods, plan to meet at 9AM on Sunday... Come join us if peeps are in the area....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Nice pics gents!

trail fairy
    Nice stuff Whafe, will have to take you to the deep south so you don't forget those big rocks.

Nice stuff
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

a tight kick sound
    hahahahaha, Yeah boys!!!
    WAy to give er...so to speak

More pics!!!

"Its All Good"
    Thanks fella's, bft95, thank you for the use of your bike stand, made the job easier. Look forward to meeting over the next few days....

More pics will be coming tomorrow, wish the rain would stop..........
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    Keep those pics coming, doodes...

You guys hit crap that I would never ever think of doing. Hats off.

Have a cold one for me.
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Yep Warp will have a Diet Coke for you bro............ It is a stormy night here, very cool indeed.... Love storms..........

As it happens, the film A Perfect Storm was filmed here in Gloucester.....

Had some great seafood for dinner. We dont have Lobster in NZ, we have Crayfish. well anyway, there was this Lobster mounted on the wall, was a focking monster, you could have used the body as a dog kennel..... I digress
    Attached Images Attached Images

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    sweet man, looks like you guys had fun.

Mar 2005
    You're just trying to make everyone jealous, aren't you

rr
    I don't do PC
    Nice stuff Whafe, how is that gboxx drivetrain compared to a standard one? CF you are a fockin nut for huckin that rock, impressive.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Nice stuff Whafe, how is that gboxx drivetrain compared to a standard one? CF you are a fockin nut for huckin that rock, impressive.
    Sorry bro, need a more detailed question, dont want to answer like Dr Phil, but just not getting the jist of the question....

The GBoxx has a Rohlof hub inside it, Nicolai are working on there own version that does not house a Rohlof hub, at this point it is a 7 speed only.....

I was way impressed, sweet to ride with a dude that gets so much enjoyment from riding...

thats right living legend
    Looking forward to more pics buddy!

Oh, and we do the crawfish thing down here too. They don't look nothin like the ugly lookin thing you posted up under that sea monster though.

rr
    I don't do PC
    I don't know anything about it, why not the 14 gears the standard Rohloff has? I love the concept and cool to see it on the trails, why did you choose it over a trad drivetrain? I'm a der assasin but have had a nice trouble free season with a Saint der, the gear box thing is interesting.

mtbr member
    Yeah, that's a fun roller. The scariest part for me is the rollout is filled with large rocks so you really have to nail your line. I was actually riding that trail on my lunch break today. I got a good ride in before the rain set in.

Tomorrow looks like a washout and I have work but I hope to hook up with you guys on Saturday if you're still planning to ride at noon.

Cheers!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    Yeah, that's a fun roller. The scariest part for me is the rollout is filled with large rocks so you really have to nail your line. I was actually riding that trail on my lunch break today. I got a good ride in before the rain set in.

Tomorrow looks like a washout and I have work but I hope to hook up with you guys on Saturday if you're still planning to ride at noon.

Cheers!
    Yep, you summed it up, it is not a roller that is a simple clean area at the bottom, you need to commit... Alll good...

Yeah we started after lunch, so when you finished and the rain started...

We are going to ride somewhere tomorrow, the name elludes me.... The forecast says it should be cool for Saturday.... Not sure where we are meeting or riding on Saturday, but hoping we catch up....

Sunday is a ride at Linwoods, will meet at 9AM,

All good, later

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Looking forward to more pics buddy!

Oh, and we do the crawfish thing down here too. They don't look nothin like the ugly lookin thing you posted up under that sea monster though.
    what's wrong with our tasman crayfish

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    woodyak, looks like you got some fun place to ride on the luncho

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    what's wrong with our tasman crayfish
    Where are his pinchers?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Keep those pics coming, doodes...

You guys hit crap that I would never ever think of doing. Hats off.
    Ditto!

Great stuff, guys!

'All over it!'

Wow.....

Nice pics whafe. Those rock drops are a little out of my league at the moment, but perhaps one day I too can nail one of those. Looks like a cracking ride, post up some more pics if you have them..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Yep, you summed it up, it is not a roller that is a simple clean area at the bottom, you need to commit... Alll good...

Yeah we started after lunch, so when you finished and the rain started...

We are going to ride somewhere tomorrow, the name elludes me.... The forecast says it should be cool for Saturday.... Not sure where we are meeting or riding on Saturday, but hoping we catch up....

Sunday is a ride at Linwoods, will meet at 9AM,

All good, later
    It looks like the weatherman has lied again. It looks like I'll be riding at 3 today, what time are you guys riding?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    woodyak, looks like you got some fun place to ride on the luncho
    Yeah, it's a pretty sweet deal. Lynn Woods is a huge park providing us with amazing "All Mountain" and freeriding years before it was even defined. If you wanted to you probably could ride there most of the day w/o hitting the same trails. Plus there's a group out there that works with the Ranger allowing them to cut new trail and fix up the old ones. Very cool indeed

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    It looks like the weatherman has lied again. It looks like I'll be riding at 3 today, what time are you guys riding?
    Woody, just trying to hook up with CF now, no answer. Am catching up with work shiat emails.............Sucks I know.........

But yep, the weather looks good, am hoping it will stay dry all weekend, surely it will. Yeah ha..........

Will let you know after talking with CF

Later

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Woody, just trying to hook up with CF now, no answer. Am catching up with work shiat emails.............Sucks I know.........

But yep, the weather looks good, am hoping it will stay dry all weekend, surely it will. Yeah ha..........

Will let you know after talking with CF

Later
    Sending you PM now.

Members who have read this thread: 0