Snow day

Printable View

• 01-07-2020
    jaredbadams
    3 Attachment(s)
    Snow day
    The DC area received itís first appreciable snowfall this year, and with schools and offices closed, I figured it was a good time to do my winter tear down to replace cables, service my suspension, and, for the first time, polish my frame. So far, Iíve just done the swingarm, but Iím pretty pleased with how itís turning out. Iím not aiming for a mirror finish, just want to brighten it up a bit. Attachment 1304051Attachment 1304053Attachment 1304055
  • 01-08-2020
    thegromit
    what did you use?
  • 01-08-2020
    jaredbadams
    Motherís Mag and Aluminum polish. Itís available via Amazon or through most car care stores like Auto Zone. Use the compound sparingly and work it in with circular strokes. It will quickly turn black after little rubbing. Then just move on to a clean section of towel or old t-shirt, continuing to rub until all the tarnish is removed. No hard rubbing or buffing is required.
  • 01-12-2020
    jaredbadams
    3 Attachment(s)
    Snow day
    In just a few days, weíve gone from snow and freezing temps to almost seventy degrees. Despite the warm weather, the trails are still way too wet. Perfect chance to spend some more time polishing my G15. Itís not quite the Enola Gay, which sits just ten miles away at the Smithsonian annex, but it looks pretty to me. Attachment 1304883Attachment 1304885Attachment 1304887