Saturn 14- Mtbr.com

Thread: Saturn 14

banned
    Apr 2006

Saturn 14

Who got one?

Saturn 14-nicolai-saturn-14-trail-bike_modern-lightweight-aluminum-7020-alloy-130mm-138mm-travel-trail-all.jpg
    Saturn 14-nicolai-saturn-14-trail-bike_modern-lightweight-aluminum-7020-alloy-130mm-138mm-travel-trail-all.jpg

banned
    Apr 2006
    Holy shit! Nobody, really?

mtbr member
    Thinking about turning my G15 into a “park” bike and making the Saturn 14 my daily driver.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten View Post
    Holy shit! Nobody, really?
    Well it is pretty new still... Would be nice to see some feedback on it, looks like a neat bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Such a great looking frame. Does the listed price inn nicolai site include a rear shock?

mtbr member
    I've just written to Nicolai about this one. Looking to replace my Helius AC 650b with one. It sounds amazing just hope it is. I need a longer, lower, and slacker bike but still need to be able to ride up hills, go round corners and use it all day long. Fingers crossed their reply is favourable

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have written to them 3 times; email, Instagram messages and facebook messenger. No response. I am interested in the to replace at 2018 Rocky Pipeline frame but I guess they don't want my business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big Kat View Post
    I have written to them 3 times; email, Instagram messages and facebook messenger. No response. I am interested in the to replace at 2018 Rocky Pipeline frame but I guess they don't want my business.
    Interesting to hear. I've written twice and no response which is really unlike them. I wonder if they are just really busy or the messages are not getting through. I'm gong to wait until next week and try again. Like you really interested in getting one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big Kat View Post
    Hi Big Kat. Nicolai replied to me yesterday so hopefully you either got a reply or will get one soon. All the best

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I’m pretty certain my G16 29 climbs better than my Chromag Surface. In fact it likely does everything better than the Surface besides being a hard tail.
    The Saturn 14 is a rad looking bike. Would own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugtree View Post
    I've just written to Nicolai about this one. Looking to replace my Helius AC 650b with one. It sounds amazing just hope it is. I need a longer, lower, and slacker bike but still need to be able to ride up hills, go round corners and use it all day long. Fingers crossed their reply is favourable

rock crusher
    Aug 2008
    Any input on tire clearance on the Saturn 14 rear? only 2.4?? I hope Nicolai is putting out a conservative # here, as I am about to pull the trigger on an xxl. I'd consider the Saturn 11, but they list tire clearance as being limited to 2.2.
    Ventana Wolfram 29+, Coconino 29 SS, Eriksen 29 Hardtail, Independent Fab Gravel Royale, Rock Lobster roadie

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The claimed and actual rear wheel clearance match at least in G15 I own. Per tech sheet the rear wheel clearance is 2.5". If I mount 2.5" DHF to rear (25mm id rim), tire rubs seat stays when cornering (I have started to use 2.4" rear tire). Unfortunately I don't have first hand knowledge on Saturn 14.
    TBH, I think Nicolais have great modern geometry and technical quality is awesome, however for some odd reason Nicolai has not designed more clearance to rear. Even G1 has 2.5" rear wheel clearance, it should be 2.7" or so, I wish they do something about it before I buy a new bike