Question for the g-boxx users out there.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Question for the g-boxx users out there.

So I've been emailing back and forth with Thomas at Rohloff USA about rebuilding my frame-mounted hub (Nucleon ST), and I thought: "what do people with g-boxx's do if they need a hub rebuild or servicing?"

Would you send the frame all the way back to Germany??
    Intense 951 Evo and Santa Cruz Megatower

"Its All Good"
    Hi Ya CR

Am fairly certain that say Rohloff USA would for sure be able to service or do work on your Rohloff hub that is inside the Nicolai GBoxx..

Nicolai has a great video available for changing the main drive sprocket on the GBoxx, am sure it will be feasible to remove the Rohloff hub and send that off so to speak, as opposed to the whole frame...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Ah ok... I don't own the 'real' g-boxx, just the pre-g-boxx setup. I can unbolt the complete hub and send it off, I was ust curious since the g-boxx is more 'integrated' if owners had to send the whole frame or not. But you're right, they MUST have a plan for North American g-boxx owners.
    Intense 951 Evo and Santa Cruz Megatower

Nicolai USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Robin
    Ah ok... I don't own the 'real' g-boxx, just the pre-g-boxx setup. I can unbolt the complete hub and send it off, I was ust curious since the g-boxx is more 'integrated' if owners had to send the whole frame or not. But you're right, they MUST have a plan for North American g-boxx owners.
    For the USA, you would send your frame back to us at Nicolai USA. We have serviced many of the G-Boxx frames and offer this service to our customers.

Members who have read this thread: 0