Project Nicolai (guys help me)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Project Nicolai (guys help me)

Ok here we go ready?I'm sure everyone here has heard of a 5-pack yes?Its a 5-spot rear end bolted up to a 6-pack front triangle== 5-pack.Now I'm sitting around the other day with thoughts of Nicolai's riding around in my head,when I have this brain storm(or is it?)What if you took a Helius CC rear end and bolted it up to a Helius FR front tryangle,what would you have?We Ncig and I got the word from The man himself that it can be done,he will make it (no word yet on a price)Now I'm seconds away from ordering my NEW 08 NICOLAI CC IN SKY CAMO,What??? right I know I'm sick and I;m a mess,but I'll have ANOTHER sick crazy phat Nicolai in 3 to 6 months.The travel on this beast will be 5.5 and my build kit plan is the same as what's on my 07 CC(but 08 not 07)Fox 140 Talas,I9's all mountain or Enduro still on the fence,if I did this new Helius CCF or FRC,I'd go I9 Enduro 5.1's.BTW what name do you like Helius FRC or CCF CCR.So here is where you all come in,I NEED [email protected] HELP NOW!!!!!!! Thanks boys CF...

Oct 2005
    Yawn

mtbr member
    May 2006

Ya I know

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Yawn
    Not as cool as the 25 stupid a$S threads you've started over at The Turner forum in the past three days,DUHHHH,"WHY DO YOU BUY A TURNER,,,DUHHHH WHAT COLOR TURNER DO YOU HAVE,,DUHHHH HOW MANY TURNERS DO HAVE,,,OR HAVE YOU HADE,DUHHH WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR ARE A PUNK [email protected] AND ARE SCARED TO DO DROPS CAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT BOO HOO BOO HOO(That was a 6 page thread mind you that got deleted because of me) DUHHH I'M SACKLESS HAVE NO BIKE SKILLS AND HIDE BEHIND MY POSER BIKE BUDDYS,AND MY BALLS TINGLE WHEN I READ ANYTHING POSTED BY CRAZY FRED,MAN DO I WISH I WAS HIM..Punk, go back over to were the thread counts are high,but the Homers bike skills are LOWWWW CF.......

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    why do you want to do this?
    what is your goal?
    why not an FR with a light weight build and run it in the shorter travel mode for XC rides?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    why do you want to do this?
    what is your goal?
    why not an FR with a light weight build and run it in the shorter travel mode for XC rides?
    Here in NE we ride like four or five different spots every other ride.And they all call for different bikes(if you have it like that)In other words don't really need a big bike at some spots,and need more bike at other spots.I've said a million times I never can answer the question which bike I like better the CC or the FR.I really like the CC and lets face it the CC is really a XC bike,just so happens its a Nicolai so that means its rear end is beefer than most FR bikes(RFX,Intense 6.6 Nomad,ect,) Point being sometimes I ride the CC(CF style)unlike a no skills pu$$y rider like JC,I tend to push the CC over,up,off,and through sh!t that some say,Should you be doing that?Thought maybe it might be interesting to cross bread the two,that's all.CF..

Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Not as cool as the 25 stupid a$S threads you've started over at The Turner forum in the past three days,DUHHHH,"WHY DO YOU BUY A TURNER,,,DUHHHH WHAT COLOR TURNER DO YOU HAVE,,DUHHHH HOW MANY TURNERS DO HAVE,,,OR HAVE YOU HADE,DUHHH WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR ARE A PUNK [email protected] AND ARE SCARED TO DO DROPS CAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT BOO HOO BOO HOO(That was a 6 page thread mind you that got deleted because of me) DUHHH I'M SACKLESS HAVE NO BIKE SKILLS AND HIDE BEHIND MY POSER BIKE BUDDYS,AND MY BALLS TINGLE WHEN I READ ANYTHING POSTED BY CRAZY FRED,MAN DO I WISH I WAS HIM..Punk, go back over to were the thread counts are high,but the Homers bike skills are LOWWWW CF.......
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...hlight=descent

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    if your looking for a little extra gusseting, would the Helius CC Travel be a better fit? Slacker angles can be done at a minimum charge... if you're jumping or dropping with it I'd go with the FR. Just a matter of balance...I don't see going strong up front with a weaker rear triangle.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Gotcha.

Man, duno. I hear where you're coming from and have a bud on a 5 pack. But, you can build a FR to 30-31lbs anyway and shorten the travel for the XC days. And since you'll be running an air shock, getting the proper sag is good to go.

I almost think you'd benefit more from having two wheel sets. Do a set with 4.2's and ultralight spokes and light tires for XC days and a set with 5.1's and big tires for the aggro days.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Thanks guys,

Quote Originally Posted by Err
    Gotcha.

Man, duno. I hear where you're coming from and have a bud on a 5 pack. But, you can build a FR to 30-31lbs anyway and shorten the travel for the XC days. And since you'll be running an air shock, getting the proper sag is good to go.

I almost think you'd benefit more from having two wheel sets. Do a set with 4.2's and ultralight spokes and light tires for XC days and a set with 5.1's and big tires for the aggro days.
    You said that a FR could be built to 30-31 pounds? I know I have one( 31.4) I think maybe a CC front and a FR rear might interesting also.Any who the custom sky camo CC is on its way,(in about 4 months) with all mountain I9's.I gues I'l have to live with my 07 31 pound FR and my new 08 custom down to the nuts 26 pound CC.I know I know its [email protected] but someone gots to do it. CF....

ಠ_ಠ
    one of my favorite posts - ever!

mtbr member
    May 2006

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    one of my favorite posts - ever!
    I aim to please,He's a [email protected] sh!tbag.He would wet himself if a ever rode a real bike like one of our Nicolai's..You know what really [email protected]?Is you know he's a complete geek,*****,poser who couldn't ride his way out of a wet paper bag.CF..

No, that's not phonetic
    BTW what name do you like Helius FRC or CCF CCR.So here is where you all come in,I NEED [email protected] HELP NOW!!!!!!!
    CFCR

Crazy Fred Cross Ride

Yer welcome
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I think maybe a CC front and a FR rear might interesting also.Any who the custom sky camo CC is on its way,
    Doesn't Nicolai recommend this for folks over 200lbs or if you want to run a rotor larger than 180 on the back? I thought I read that somewhere...

Congrats on the new addition, can't wait to see it.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    CFCR

Crazy Fred Cross Ride

Yer welcome
    Fred, if anybody can appreciate where you are going, its tscheezy. Hell, you even use his coined term

While Err's comments are valid....dude, if you want to do and got the thumbs up, go for it! Biking is your passion and there is NO WRONG OR RIGHT, so go with your gut since thats all you got here!

By the way, as much as I like my turner, i hate you now cuz i am stoked on Nicolais and one day want one and cant stop checking the pics out I even emailed Err when I saw his post saying he had some 07s for killer prices but unfortunately, he did not have any larges.

Cheers

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Sweet CF, sounds like a nice build. Can't wait to see it done.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Yo,cheezy

CFCR

Crazy Fred Cross Ride

Yer welcome
    You might be on to something here.Now if you can just get DT to name a 08-09 Turner after me than I'll really be impressed. R.C.F.X ??????

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Part Deux
    and one day want one and cant stop checking the pics out
    Now if it were Fo mixing and matching, the bike would be named A.D.H.D.

Jan 2004
    Now if it were Fo mixing and matching, the bike would be named A.D.H.D.
    You better watch it or I am gonna ask the moderators for my old account back so I can pass you up in your post count! Thought that would probably consistent with symptoms of adult ADHD

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Part Deux
    You better watch it or I am gonna ask the moderators for my old account back so I can pass you up in your post count! Thought that would probably consistent with symptoms of adult ADHD
    You tell him Fo,Us A.D.H.D. guys gots to stick together. CF..

a tight kick sound
    You might be on to something here.Now if you can just get DT to name a 08-09 Turner after me than I'll really be impressed. R.C.F.X ??????
    Now that chits funny. I am gonna make up some decals and put that on my 5 pack!! I mean rcfx....

ooohhhhh this is gonna go over like a ton of bricks. I can't wait. Thanks fred

ohh and btw, that new bike should be the nuts. I have seen an FR with a cc rear end (a 4x nicolai) but never the other way around! Go git some brotha. Can't wait to see it.

No, that's not phonetic
    I'm holding out for the special Fred edition DPMOOIGMBTPACIYA.

(Don'tPissMeOffOrI'llGetMyBrosToPopACapInYourAss)

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Now that chits funny. I am gonna make up some decals and put that on my 5 pack!! I mean rcfx....

ooohhhhh this is gonna go over like a ton of bricks. I can't wait. Thanks fred

ohh and btw, that new bike should be the nuts. I have seen an FR with a cc rear end (a 4x nicolai) but never the other way around! Go git some brotha. Can't wait to see it.
    In case you didn't here me,I'm going with a 08CC no different swing arms or front triangles,just a plain old 08 Nicolai Helius CC with a Camo paint job.Yea nothing special,just come up with $3800.00 and you to can have this plane ol Nicolai CC CF..

Jan 2004
    You tell him Fo,Us A.D.H.D. guys gots to stick together. CF..
    damn right......at least I am in good company. I would much rather have ADHD than be an honest to goodness Homer, thats for damn sure!

mtbr member
    Nicolai needs to rename their FR frame and call it "BPCF", stands for; bringing the pain crazy fred style!
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Now I'm sitting around the other day with thoughts of Nicolai's riding around in my head,when I have this brain storm(or is it?)What if you took a Helius CC rear end and bolted it up to a Helius FR front tryangle,what would you have?
    One guy in the german nicolai support forum ordered that last year as a "enduro light". Falco mentioned this option as well in the forum, donīt know what the exact weight saving would have been. I guess about 200-300gramm, without 200mm disc-brake option and more tyre clearence, but with a nice price.

I donīt think itīs worth it. I think -as already said- i light build of a normal Helius FR frame is the better choice and leaves you far more options and a potentially better resale value.

15kg or 33lbs should be doable without to much effort.

I post some light FRīs from the german forum to give you an idea:

14,6kg or 32.1lbs

..and here one from the UK and a CC back on a FR main frame and a Cīdale Lefty fork. Think what u want

p.s. They guy mentioned above ended up with ordering a standard rear for his Fr after a couple of months.

Members who have read this thread: 0