OK Now I'm a mess HELP!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

OK Now I'm a mess HELP!!!!!!!

Well the last four bikes I've had all were laced with XO evrything (which is the balls mind you) But for my new CC I thought I'd try the new 08 XTR,shifters,and derailers,(cranks too)this means the new shadow XTR rear.But than someone today said why change something thats worked perfect for you.That was it now I'm ALL [email protected] UP.I wanted to ordered my drive train this week,and now I'm stuck.So I ask you XO shifters and rear derail,or XO gripshift and XO rear derail,or 08 XTR.. HELP,,Thanks boys.BTW some loser named Rivot from the "What's the stiffest 5in.bike" thread has a hard on stiffee for me and hates all ugly Nicolai's( Jealousy is a MoFo I guess)anyway if anyone knows this CLOWN please [email protected] smack him for me....CF...

SuperInstigator
    I can't really read your writing. You'd think someone able to afford a Nicolai+full XO/XTR would know how to write.

Try XTR if you wanna. If you don't want to experiment, buy the XO. I would buy XO shifters, RD, XTR FD, XTR cranks.

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Oct 2005

a tight kick sound
    man, people always hatin on fred? I can read his one run-on sentence just fine. You should be more worried about what US students hand in/test at these days than what Fred is typing on the interweb

Fredo- I am really diggin the shadow thing shimano has done. XTR has been the shizz for awhile now as is sram. Price does not seem to be an outside force...

If you already have run the sram give the new xtr shizz a try and report back to all of us how it works out compared to your xo. Would be nice to hear something about the shadow stuff. If it sucks you will know right away, sell it off to someone and go back to sram.
    You could kinda be a tester of sorts for us...if people have trouble reading your thought I will translate for you..hahahah

I don't know a pivot sorry!

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    man, people always hatin on fred? I can read his one run-on sentence just fine. You should be more worried about what US students hand in/test at these days than what Fred is typing on the interweb
    Well, I was exaggerating, but it was hard to read. It was kind of like the CS emails I got from beyondbikes.com.

I would have said I'm worried about what U.S. students hand in these days (I am a student), but that would have made me sound like a retard, because it would not be related to the discussion...

Tim

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I dunno Fred. Lately Shimano seems to have a handle on things! My boss got back from Interbike and was raving about all the bikes he rode with XT!!! I really dig the XTR stuff now. A full kit is always impressive. I also heard their new shifters are a little more intuitive than before as you can shift push push, or trigger push with the same shifter.

All this may amount to nothing as I am still a believer in SRAM's 1:1 cable pull ratio. It seems to translate to less drivetrain tweeking.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Who The [email protected] Are You Talking Too????

Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    I can't really read your writing. You'd think someone able to afford a Nicolai+full XO/XTR would know how to write.

Try XTR if you wanna. If you don't want to experiment, buy the XO. I would buy XO shifters, RD, XTR FD, XTR cranks.

Tim
    Quick,somebody call the nobody loser police,tibug has escaped from the nobody forums and is trying to hang over here with the BIG dogs.I put this question out for the real members of this forum,not some loser nobody straggler.(your opinion means sh!t too me)No body told you to come here or to read my post.NEWS FLASH CRAZY FRED HAS NO GRAMMER SKILLS WHAT SO EVER.Gee no one's ever said this before,I can't belive your the first one to pick up on it.Tell ya what I do have,a great life,great children,just bought a house,much respect from anyone who is anyone here on these forums,and the best bikes money can buy. ARE YOU ABLE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THAT MOTHER [email protected]???Go back to where ever it is you came from,and be greatful I'm in a good mood today.CF.......Boone and Uncle Cliffy thanks for advice.

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Quick,somebody call the nobody loser police,tibug has escaped from the nobody forums and is trying to hang over here with the BIG dogs.I put this question out for the real members of this forum,not some loser nobody straggler.(your opinion means sh!t too me)No body told you to come here or to read my post.NEWS FLASH CRAZY FRED HAS NO GRAMMER SKILLS WHAT SO EVER.Gee no one's ever said this before,I can't belive your the first one to pick up on it.Tell ya what I do have,a great life,great children,just bought a house,much respect from anyone who is anyone here on these forums,and the best bikes money can buy. ARE YOU ABLE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THAT MOTHER [email protected]???Go back to where ever it is you came from,and be greatful I'm in a good mood today.CF.......Boone and Uncle Cliffy thanks for advice.
    Yes, I can understand that. I had to read it 3 times, but I think I get it now.

I know that this usually belongs on IM, but it's the only way to get the point across. LOL. You're funny!

You never said that replies to this post were limited to certain members. If you want someone in specific, then you gotta ask for that someone.

I've never seen you before on these forums as far as I know, so if you told me you never received an education, then that would be enough. If you don't have any grammar skills, or you're just to fvckin lazy to write so it can be easily read, then maybe you should work on that.

Umm, I never said you lived in a trailer park or anything, so WTF are you talking about? You may have a great life, but you have no respect and you are very immature, and listening to you makes me think you're a kid my age, who acts like most of the kids my age.

I gave you my advice. If you don't want it, don't take it. I don't give a fvck. I also don't give a fvck about who you think are the big dogs, or the "real" members of these forums. You get treated according to the way you act, so I don't care if you're the big dog of the big dogs if you act like a dumbass.

Stop acting like it's the end of your life now that you have to choose between the two best drivetrains there is. It's not the end of the world.

Do you understand that?

I hope we got this all cleared up! (I can't wait to hear your response)

Tim

mtbr member
    May 2006

Sram it is boys,,,

I'm going Sram over XTR, stick with what I know.One bad a$$ custom 8000.00 Nicolai CC coming up.I can't wait too rip on this thing..Thanks for those who helped.Peace.. Crazy FRed

Oct 2005
    I'm going Sram over XTR, stick with what I know.One bad a$$ custom 8000.00 Nicolai CC coming up.I can't wait too rip on this thing..Thanks for those who helped.Peace.. Crazy FRed

ginger ninja
    +1 Vote for SRAM!

1:1 Actuation = nice and snappy shift!

Gripshifts belong on a shopping bike with a 3 speed hub not on an MTB
    Gert Steamin DH Badger

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    good call

mtbr member
    May 2006

No good

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    You'er such a [email protected] pinhead,Why even come over here than if you'er so bored?I'll tell ya why cause your a closet Nicolai lover,and what really makes you yawn is that wack a$$ **** box crazy flexy noodle of a bike call Turner...JEALOUS,JEALOUS,JEALOUS, JC,Its a smaaaallllllll world my friend trust me someday our paths will for sure pass.And that will be a sad,sad, day for you there Jerk OFF Chicken. BTW I know someone who knows you(he is in the bike buis)he said your a BIG PU$$Y WHO CAN'T RIDE HIS WAY OUT OF A WET PAPER BAG....CF......

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Fred gets way too worked up about it.

CC==>XO gripshift.

Oct 2005
    You'er such a [email protected] pinhead,Why even come over here than if you'er so bored?I'll tell ya why cause your a closet Nicolai lover,and what really makes you yawn is that wack a$$ **** box crazy flexy noodle of a bike call Turner...JEALOUS,JEALOUS,JEALOUS, JC,Its a smaaaallllllll world my friend trust me someday our paths will for sure pass.And that will be a sad,sad, day for you there Jerk OFF Chicken. BTW I know someone who knows you(he is in the bike buis)he said your a BIG PU$$Y WHO CAN'T RIDE HIS WAY OUT OF A WET PAPER BAG....CF......
    I <3 teh Kerrrrazy Fred

ginger ninja
    Chill People!
    Its supposed to be fun!
    Gert Steamin DH Badger

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by sworksrob
    Chill People!
    Its supposed to be fun!
    Dude, I live to argue. I'm trying to become as good as CRAZY FRED, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

What's the matter Fred? Run out of lameass insults?

Tim

Oct 2005
    THis is Crazy Bling bling see how much disposable income I have Fred. He gives a lot and he's a big boy and can handle it.

In the above post he makes himself sound like the kid that never got to sit with the cool kids in the lunchroom, BUT now he's got tons of disposable income, a better than you attitude because of all his toys, and a big mouth on the internet!

Next week he'll be posting about how FOUR Nicolai Heliuses are not enough, so here comes five, just because he wants to use different brake rotors!

SuperInstigator
    THis is Crazy Bling bling see how much disposable income I have Fred. He gives a lot and he's a big boy and can handle it.

In the above post he makes himself sound like the kid that never got to sit with the cool kids in the lunchroom, BUT now he's got tons of disposable income, a better than you attitude because of all his toys, and a big mouth on the internet!

Next week he'll be posting about how FOUR Nicolai Heliuses are not enough, so here comes five, just because he wants to use different brake rotors!
    Yea, he seems like the type who always asks for help, but actually doesn't want/need help, and doesn't have time to give help. I suppose he's just the typical American (or at least a representation of the stigmas placed on Americans by people looking into America from the outside), but I don't see too many typical Americans on mtbr.com.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

Tim

mtbr member
    May 2006

Like I Said Jc

I Know somebody that knows you and the word is that you are THE BIGGEST [email protected] ***** EVER,AND HAVE [email protected] ZERO RIDING SKILLS.BTW How you makin out with the I"M SOOOO SCARED TO DO DROPS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO DO DROPS WITH OUT GETTING HURT" thread you started .Tell you wifey when she's ready to take that Turner out for a ride with a real man to ring me up,TIbug who did you want me to make that autograghed picture out to huh?Both of you should make good lovers together,now go the [email protected] back to where ever it you low lifes go....The Turner forum needs someone to swing on DT's nuts,quick drop your "how to ride like CF hand books and go post another lame a$$ "I"m scared to get hurt" or what color is your Turner,mine's pink and blue thread.You are not welcome here,so [email protected] beat it..CF...

Oct 2005
    I Know somebody that knows you and the word is that you are THE BIGGEST [email protected] ***** EVER,AND HAVE [email protected] ZERO RIDING SKILLS.BTW How you makin out with the I"M SOOOO SCARED TO DO DROPS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO DO DROPS WITH OUT GETTING HURT" thread you started .Tell you wifey when she's ready to take that Turner out for a ride with a real man to ring me up,TIbug who did you want me to make that autograghed picture out to huh?Both of you should make good lovers together,now go the [email protected] back to where ever it you low lifes go....The Turner forum needs someone to swing on DT's nuts,quick drop your "how to ride like CF hand books and go post another lame a$$ "I"m scared to get hurt" or what color is your Turner,mine's pink and blue thread.You are not welcome here,so [email protected] beat it..CF...
    Clubber, is that you?

SuperInstigator
    Damn, the more you ramble, the more you sound like a teenager too full of himself to listen to anybody else, let alone react to anyone else in anything but a negative manner.

And btw asshat, you're the only one sayin' I'm not welcome here! You're corrupted by authority that you don't even have! Your arguments are always the same-full of generic insults, unrelated comments, and unjustified claims.

Your posts are supposed to put people down, but really I don't think anyone finds them anything but annoying and amusing (to an extent).

CF, I feel bad for you. I honestly do.

Tim

"Its All Good"
    Peeps...........Need to settle this down somewhat..........

tibug...Jumping on a forum that for sure is for anyone and doing a post like this "You'd think someone able to afford a Nicolai+full XO/XTR would know how to write" is kind of asking for some dung to be thrown...........

Sometimes in life you may have to look a little deeper before throwing dung on a 1 dimensional plain...........

Yep CF has a style of his own, the regulars know his style for sure............ but to come in and piss on someones fish n chips straight up is just not cricket mate.....

JC, you know better too bro, you are just stirring it up for kicks.....

For the record, none of this post where by CF is talking drive train choices is about feeding his ego, was a normal question of which he is entitled to ask... Sure you are entitled to reply as you wish...... But to be honest, you retort with dung that will not make you welcome, so maybe think about it from that view point....

So play nice in the sandpit!!!!!!!!!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Oct 2005
    Whafe,

Why is it CF can dish out trash, but the moment someone gives him a gentle ribbing, everyone else is asked to be good children. Nice double standard. You know the deal too, so you should be good about by sitting on the sidelines and allowing Fred to take what he dishes out.

Fred is a quack and no one here takes him even a bit seriously. It's not even possible. There is no one in Fred's discussions on any forum that has thrown more "dung" and spewed more vile insults around than Fred himself, and usually unwarranted as well, solely for the purpose of glorifying himself. You are incredibly delusional if you are telling others to play nice.

Now back to the show. Fred's a big boy and can take a ribbing. He doesn't need you to defend him or call others out for spewing anything against him.

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Peeps...........Need to settle this down somewhat..........

tibug...Jumping on a forum that for sure is for anyone and doing a post like this "You'd think someone able to afford a Nicolai+full XO/XTR would know how to write" is kind of asking for some dung to be thrown...........

Sometimes in life you may have to look a little deeper before throwing dung on a 1 dimensional plain...........

Yep CF has a style of his own, the regulars know his style for sure............ but to come in and piss on someones fish n chips straight up is just not cricket mate.....

JC, you know better too bro, you are just stirring it up for kicks.....

For the record, none of this post where by CF is talking drive train choices is about feeding his ego, was a normal question of which he is entitled to ask... Sure you are entitled to reply as you wish...... But to be honest, you retort with dung that will not make you welcome, so maybe think about it from that view point....

So play nice in the sandpit!!!!!!!!!
    You get outta here too; we don't want no damn mediator. We wanna FIGHT!!!

Sorry, I guess I use the New Post button too much and it makes me go into forums I'd never go into otherwise.

I know you're just trying to do good Whafe, and I respect that, of course, but you didn't change my position. I stand by my dung. It forever shall be so.

Tim

a tight kick sound
    I <3 teh Kerrrrazy Fred
    Took me forevrrr to figure out what that meant. tehehehe...I'm slooowww...short bus slow.

Oct 2005
    I <3 teh Boone

"Its All Good"
    Whafe,

Why is it CF can dish out trash, but the moment someone gives him a gentle ribbing, everyone else is asked to be good children. Nice double standard. You know the deal too, so you should be good about by sitting on the sidelines and allowing Fred to take what he dishes out.

Fred is a quack and no one here takes him even a bit seriously. It's not even possible. There is no one in Fred's discussions on any forum that has thrown more "dung" and spewed more vile insults around than Fred himself, and usually unwarranted as well, solely for the purpose of glorifying himself. You are incredibly delusional if you are telling others to play nice.

Now back to the show. Fred's a big boy and can take a ribbing. He doesn't need you to defend him or call others out for spewing anything against him.
    tibug: I know you're just trying to do good Whafe.. I am not at all trying to do good, I say it how I see it, everyone loves a ribbing, they take it and give it.... But for me, I draw the line at assuming how someone presents themselves, written orally etc has nothing to do with what someone can afford.... People have no clue at what someone may sacrifice in order to have something they wish for etc etc

JC - not for a moment saying that CF hasnt slung his dung around, for sure you are right, but I dont for a moment think CF has gone into a thread with a topic question and just started into people..... Crap should fly where crap is deserved..............

I could well be dilusional, its the crap american coffee making me diliusional!

Anyway, its all good....................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

a tight kick sound
    gr8 ROTGLMAO M8
    Thnq

SuperInstigator
    tibug: I know you're just trying to do good Whafe.. I am not at all trying to do good, I say it how I see it, everyone loves a ribbing, they take it and give it.... But for me, I draw the line at assuming how someone presents themselves, written orally etc has nothing to do with what someone can afford.... People have no clue at what someone may sacrifice in order to have something they wish for etc etc
    Oh hell, now I'm befuddled.

Tim

Oct 2005
    Oh hell, now I'm befuddled.

Tim
    Good, I couldn't believe that I could be the only one.

"Its All Good"
    Good, I couldn't believe that I could be the only one.
    Ok Ok Ok, it didnt very well express my thoughts. I was makinng comment to tibug, mentioning that I am only trying to do good, that I am not. Not my style..

Tim,I just took offence to assuming that the way someone (CF) wrote would have a direct correlation to what components would be on a frame...

Dont want a pissing competition, come on here for some relaxation, not have a war so to speak....

Anyway, back on topic... My next build I may well go back to the XO gripshifters, the XTR looks the dogs bollocks, but really like the 1:1 of the SRAM kit................

SuperInstigator
    Ok Ok Ok, it didnt very well express my thoughts. I was makinng comment to tibug, mentioning that I am only trying to do good, that I am not. Not my style..

Tim,I just took offence to assuming that the way someone (CF) wrote would have a direct correlation to what components would be on a frame...

Dont want a pissing competition, come on here for some relaxation, not have a war so to speak....

Anyway, back on topic... My next build I may well go back to the XO gripshifters, the XTR looks the dogs bollocks, but really like the 1:1 of the SRAM kit................
    Well, if someone has a question, and states it well, do you not believe that the question will be more satisfactorily answered? If they ask the question in a manner that puts readers off and makes the people who are supposed to be helping the OP have to reread and struggle to understand? I think that makes sense.

ANARCHY, REVOLUTION, REBELLION!!! Errrrrr, I mean, ya, let's stop the war, I guess........party pooper....

Tim

Oct 2005
    Whafe,

How come you weren't such a crusader for good behavior in CF affairs before they landed on the Nicolai forum?

This can be a great place and the company has a lot of fans and stands to gain a lot from the existence of one, but if you're going to turn a blind eye to someone that throws lots of dirt around only because he's a Nicolai owner, then this forum is dead in the water.

"Its All Good"
    Well, if someone has a question, and states it well, do you not believe that the question will be more satisfactorily answered? If they ask the question in a manner that puts readers off and makes the people who are supposed to be helping the OP have to reread and struggle to understand? I think that makes sense.
    Are there is the point...................For me and many others whom knows the style of CF etc, I felt is was stated well, yep different to you and I, etc, but none the less, was still stated in the way in which CF is accustomed to............

The question put you off, didnt put everyone else off................... So at times, as humans we need to look a bit deeper....................Like, you will be judging me, when really you have no clue about me, what I represent, what I am etc etc, as with me with you.....

Anyway, isnt the build quality of a Nicolai just pure sex on toast?

Oct 2005
    Are there is the point...................For me and many others whom knows the style of CF etc, I felt is was stated well, yep different to you and I, etc, but none the less, was still stated in the way in which CF is accustomed to............

The question put you off, didnt put everyone else off................... So at times, as humans we need to look a bit deeper....................Like, you will be judging me, when really you have no clue about me, what I represent, what I am etc etc, as with me with you.....

Anyway, isnt the build quality of a Nicolai just pure sex on toast?
    So does that mean that the comment CF made about crossing paths with me should or shouldn't be taken as a legitimate threat?

Does the Clubber Lange video mean anything?

If CF is the center of your forum, then it will be a joke and I am not the only one that will see it as one. He's only going to serve to turn people off from checking this place out at all. So my suggestion is he stops asking you to stick up for him, then you go back to Fred and tell him to be a good boy.

"Its All Good"
    Whafe,

How come you weren't such a crusader for good behavior in CF affairs before they landed on the Nicolai forum?

This can be a great place and the company has a lot of fans and stands to gain a lot from the existence of one, but if you're going to turn a blind eye to someone that throws lots of dirt around only because he's a Nicolai owner, then this forum is dead in the water.
    JC, now think you need to pull your head out of the sand maybe. Hey am no crusader, as I mentioned, you may wish to re read the post. I took offence to tibug saying that the way someone wrote had a direct relationship with the component choice...

And CF has not slung dirt around in the Nicoali forum because he is a Nicolai owner... I can assure you, it is not my place to be a mod at all.... But if CF is attacking people in the Nicolai forum for something to do, I would tell him also, but you will ahev to admit that CF only replied to the attacks on him............

Like you JC, I am my own person, I dont stick up for people after being asked to, if indeed I was asked..................

Well, I dont think you should take CF's comments as a threat, all in jest.............I mean, I dont take it to heart that I get threats from Dr Phil in PM's, just part of the territory I guess... Well I need to hit the scratcher, got a bit of jetlag, body doesnt know I am in St Louis...................Later....................

Oct 2005
    Fred dishes it, so he's a big boy enough to get it.

Jan 2004
    dude, you aint ghey, dont get Shimano get SRAM, and it sounds like you did below. If a drivetrain aint broke, dont fix it.

I am too scared to go X0 though given the $$$$.....I love my X7 all the same, Have had X0 (older stuff granted), X9, and X7.....went with X7 cuz its black and it works every bit as good. Lovin my X7 grips shifters and rear der.

Oct 2005
    x7 works better than X0 anyhow.

trail fairy
    CF ya made a good call just going for bling cause its new is not a smart decision, its well known my thoughts on Shitmano, I have Saint on my DH cookie cutter World Championship [Thanks Fabian] DH rig LOL

But I wouldn't by any Shitmano over Sram or any other stuff on offer anyday anyway, though I do rate the Saint brakes and Cranks but would buy something else, Codes Formula or Gravity RF before Shimmy.

I hate the big Corps that try to force you into proprietry shite and that finger shifting crap lost me for good, and the non stop shifting problems I had with first gen 03 XTR still got some near new XTR cranks in a box somewhere should wack em Ebay for some poor bastid

Ive never looked back since Ive been on Sram really if any mechcanicals in three and a half years (though I was a big fan of SACHs) before Sram bought em out, since Shimano went to 9 speeed and reverse rise derailuers its all been s h i t e and would never go there.

So short n sweet of it dude ya got the best dam tranny there is no go ride the S H I T outta that puppy and post some pics

Oh and I'd never go twist shifter again either, it was great in its heyday but XO shifters kill everything imo, it works with X0, X9, X7 nuff said.

SRAM rep out

I wish
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

ginger ninja

Methinks It Must Be raining

See now in the UK we all get pissy when it rains for weeks on end and the trails turn in to a battlefield. What are your excuses?

Gert Steamin DH Badger

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    double post
    Last edited by Twister; 10-02-2007 at 03:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Fred seems to be in need of a long term course of Cymbalta. Or maybe Zyprexa.

He would likely be surprised by how much joy he would get if he were to go and oversee and finance the installation of a safe, year round water well for a village in Africa or Southeast Asia, or finance a few cosmetic surgeries for third word children with birth defects. Maybe even supply a village or two with effective antimalarial measures and the training to go with them. Save a few lives.

Way more rewarding than buying another bike.

I still hope he enjoys his collection of Heleii though. It's a free country so do what you like.

mtbr member
    May 2006

What a [email protected] joke,

I may be a lot of things but at the end of the day I'm a guy who sleeps,east,and breaths bikes.And I'm very intense and hard core about [email protected] EVERYTHING.I pride myself on my bikes and will only ride and rock what I belive to be the best of the best.So when building a new bike and there's a change that one thing could be better than another thing,that becomes to me a life or death situation(well of course I make it seem that way)But I also do the same thing when I go into a sub shop to order lunch.That's me I'm a [email protected] head case.And JC you are right nobody slings more sh!t around here than me,but NEVER EVER would I come over to forum and dog out someone for how they spell,or type,ect,ect.I mean where are you in your life that making fun of someones lack of grammer is a good idea to you.(boy that must be a tough mirror to deal with)I'll tell someone all day long that your bike [email protected] and mine is the best.And if your not riding a Nicolai well than Im just telling you the truth.JC you got reason to be over here,there is nothing here that interests you(other than me).Replying to one of my threads were I'm asking MY friends on MY forum what bikes parts to run with a yawn icon is just [email protected] childish,stupid and flat out looking for TROUBLE.Trust me your idea of trouble and my idea of trouble are to worlds apart.Tiguy your a sh!tbag for coming over here and posting what you did,when your not even a regular here or know who I am.Yep I'm as dumb as a rock when it comes to English,grammer,typing and spelling.If you knew my life you'ed understand why,lost my parents,droped out of school in the 8th grade,shooting up dope at the age of 17,prison that same year,traded a life of being a Hells Angel and going back to prison at ANY GIVEN TIME for freedom and Mountain biking.I love riding bikes,Any idea what a rush it is ripping down the street in a pack of 1800 Hells Angels on sick LOUD FAST motorcycle? Its like no other,BUT its unlike ripping through the woods on a $6000 mountain bike,with a great group of guys who only want to hang with you for the fun of it and not for what you can do for them.I'm a junk box who's drug today is bikes,and just like drugs one is too many and a thousand is NEVER enough.I show up everyday for life,I try not to hurt another human being and I better my son's life everyday the best way I can.Some nobody on a MTB forum posting a yawn icon SHOULD have zero affect on my day,but clearly it did.Stand for nothing fall for anything..I am who I am and won't be changing ANYTIME soon.Posting a thread "Help I'm a mess XO or XTR may seem alittle much for some of you,BUT compared to other things I could be doing instead is a much better trade.I'm tired of this MTBR forum BS and am in need of a looong break.Whafe PM me with details of your where abouts.Can't wait to meet and ride with you.Peace.CF...

ginger ninja
    Again! Chill people!
    Its all about each to their own and mashing it up hard.
    People who want to rant about stuff that stresses - go for it!
    People who want to take offence at stuff - go for it!

But bike on chairlift...
    Now thats cool.
    Gert Steamin DH Badger

ginger ninja
    Bolloks! That was supposed to have a pic attached!
    Lets try again!

Bike on chairlift......
    Thats Cool
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gert Steamin DH Badger

Jan 2004
    I may be a lot of things but at the end of the day I'm a guy who sleeps,east,and breaths bikes.And I'm very intense and hard core about [email protected] EVERYTHING.I pride myself on my bikes and will only ride and rock what I belive to be the best of the best.So when building a new bike and there's a change that one thing could be better than another thing,that becomes to me a life or death situation(well of course I make it seem that way)But I also do the same thing when I go into a sub shop to order lunch.That's me I'm a [email protected] head case.And JC you are right nobody slings more sh!t around here than me,but NEVER EVER would I come over to forum and dog out someone for how they spell,or type,ect,ect.I mean where are you in your life that making fun of someones lack of grammer is a good idea to you.(boy that must be a tough mirror to deal with)I'll tell someone all day long that your bike [email protected] and mine is the best.And if your not riding a Nicolai well than Im just telling you the truth.JC you got reason to be over here,there is nothing here that interests you(other than me).Replying to one of my threads were I'm asking MY friends on MY forum what bikes parts to run with a yawn icon is just [email protected] childish,stupid and flat out looking for TROUBLE.Trust me your idea of trouble and my idea of trouble are to worlds apart.Tiguy your a sh!tbag for coming over here and posting what you did,when your not even a regular here or know who I am.Yep I'm as dumb as a rock when it comes to English,grammer,typing and spelling.If you knew my life you'ed understand why,lost my parents,droped out of school in the 8th grade,shooting up dope at the age of 17,prison that same year,traded a life of being a Hells Angel and going back to prison at ANY GIVEN TIME for freedom and Mountain biking.I love riding bikes,Any idea what a rush it is ripping down the street in a pack of 1800 Hells Angels on sick LOUD FAST motorcycle? Its like no other,BUT its unlike ripping through the woods on a $6000 mountain bike,with a great group of guys who only want to hang with you for the fun of it and not for what you can do for them.I'm a junk box who's drug today is bikes,and just like drugs one is too many and a thousand is NEVER enough.I show up everyday for life,I try not to hurt another human being and I better my son's life everyday the best way I can.Some nobody on a MTB forum posting a yawn icon SHOULD have zero affect on my day,but clearly it did.Stand for nothing fall for anything..I am who I am and won't be changing ANYTIME soon.Posting a thread "Help I'm a mess XO or XTR may seem alittle much for some of you,BUT compared to other things I could be doing instead is a much better trade.I'm tired of this MTBR forum BS and am in need of a looong break.Whafe PM me with details of your where abouts.Can't wait to meet and ride with you.Peace.CF...
    Fred, these guys aren't worth it. They judge you cuz they are insecure. Not sure why people feel the need to post a reply to CF when if somebody else posted the same thread they would remain silent....i too have stalkers for same lame reason who need to reply just cuz i posted it. They are all just jealous punkazz b!tches that aren't worth responding to....nothing but a bunch of e-tough guys

Oct 2005
    I guess Fred never realized that I said nothing about his spelling.

Additionally, I'm a Nicolai fan, which is why I'm here. Fred might not want me here because he is an elitist owner, but I'm here. There's a reason why I have Nicolai clothing and catalogs from Germany and likely my gf's next bike will be a Nic built as an enduro ride. Nics are fairly inexpensive when they are your domestic brand

And Fred, I do remember you making a comment about crossing paths with me, knowing people who know me, and eluding to some sort of action you will take on the trails against me. I also noted a sexually charged message you had for my gf, but I was a good sport and turned you into Clubber Lange. Who can forget the "Hey woman" to Adrian?

None of us here are that different. We're on this board because we all eat, sleep, and dream riding bikes. The difference is it has to be about you and I can tell you it's way more fun to have people in your corner, rather than pissing on you because you're a joke.

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Part Deux
    Fred, these guys aren't worth it. They judge you cuz they are insecure. Not sure why people feel the need to post a reply to CF when if somebody else posted the same thread they would remain silent....i too have stalkers for same lame reason who need to reply just cuz i posted it. They are all just jealous punkazz b!tches that aren't worth responding to....nothing but a bunch of e-tough guys
    Ummm, this was the first time a replied directly to a post made by CF. I didn't just reply the way I did just because his username is CRAZY FRED.

It would be the same if you posted this thread, if urbanfreerider posted this thread, or if SMT posted this thread. The username doesn't mean sh!t to me.

Tim

"Its All Good"
    I guess Fred never realized that I said nothing about his spelling.

Additionally, I'm a Nicolai fan, which is why I'm here. Fred might not want me here because he is an elitist owner, but I'm here. There's a reason why I have Nicolai clothing and catalogs from Germany and likely my gf's next bike will be a Nic built as an enduro ride. Nics are fairly inexpensive when they are your domestic brand

And Fred, I do remember you making a comment about crossing paths with me, knowing people who know me, and eluding to some sort of action you will take on the trails against me. I also noted a sexually charged message you had for my gf, but I was a good sport and turned you into Clubber Lange. Who can forget the "Hey woman" to Adrian?

None of us here are that different. We're on this board because we all eat, sleep, and dream riding bikes. The difference is it has to be about you and I can tell you it's way more fun to have people in your corner, rather than pissing on you because you're a joke.
    JC, bro, it is semantics you are talking, the fact of the matter is what set CF off was purely being judged for his spelling and grammer..................Yep and he mentioned in his post that it was you. That is semantics... Yep you wore it because of the original comments....

I know for a fact you are a Nicolai fan, it is not really common knowledge, because I am sure you far prefer the mantra of being known as a Homer.....Thats cool, each to their own...

Lets just chill on this one and get on with it.....

I mean, look at TA's posts, a great buddy of mine, lives in my old place from when I was in New Zealand. He gets crap slung at him re his spelling, but nothing personal.. No one is thrashing him about the bike he rides in relation to his spelling etc....

Lets turn a page on this one....

CF, all good, BZ has been in touch, he is sussing out re next weekend meeitng up with us to ride, so all good...............

Oct 2005
    Wow.

mtbr member
    May 2006

You Guys Know Better

Let me start by saying JC you know how to push CF buttons you have been doing it for awhile. I know you didn,t say anything about the grammer but you through some button pushing comments! I think it is great that you are here the more the merry CF has not attacked anybody since he has been here . CF is one of my closes friend in my opion he has done alot for the sport and is the most crateful person i have met. Know you may think that i am sticking up for CF and i am i been watching this for a long time and it is getting boring he ask a simple question and got **** what did you think he was going to react! Whafe is a class act so don,t rag on him when you are looking in you see it alot different then when you go at it. I don,t think anybody want this forum to be abattle field! TIBUG i am glad you are here but if you are going to rag on people then go somewhere else no one want to be critized for spelling or grammer it not important and who cares so everybody be cool and enjoy the nic forum that WHAFE worked so hard to put together thanks ncig

Oct 2005
    Please move it to pm's. I'll be happy to address.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    box is full

Oct 2005
    clear.

"Its All Good"
    JC, live and let live, let it go.........................Sheesh, dont sweat the small stuff. Some percieved battles are not worth fighting, this is not one of them...............

Its all good, lets get back to chewing the fat about bikes!

Jan 2004
    the nicolai forum needs a group e-hug

"Its All Good"

Jul 2007
    What if there is a better bike than a Nicolai? Isn't it just a matter of opinion in the end? Also, why is it important how much it costs? I wasn't going to post but this thread is, well, CRAZY! Someone who buys 3 "$8000" Nics before buying a house might be accused of having some priority issues which would in turn make truely financially responsible, wealthy people feel not particularly impressed by someone owning one or more "$8000" bikes. Leading me back to my question; why is it important how much it costs?

FWIW my bike sucks compared to a Nicolai and many other brands, I would love to own a Nicolai, and I am jealous of all of CF's bikes. Not because of how much they cost but because of what they are.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    What if there is a better bike than a Nicolai? Isn't it just a matter of opinion in the end? Also, why is it important how much it costs? I wasn't going to post but this thread is, well, CRAZY! Someone who buys 3 "$8000" Nics before buying a house might be accused of having some priority issues which would in turn make truely financially responsible, wealthy people feel not particularly impressed by someone owning one or more "$8000" bikes. Leading me back to my question; why is it important how much it costs?

FWIW my bike sucks compared to a Nicolai and many other brands, I would love to own a Nicolai, and I am jealous of all of CF's bikes. Not because of how much they cost but because of what they are.
    Fair comment, for some to own a house is a high priority, some it isnt.. For me that is what makes the world go round.... I also know that people do not knwo what some people go without in order to get a dream ride, there are many many reasons that dont warrant discussion of that nature on a 1 dimensional forum such as the internet....

I have some hot bling bikes in my opinion, and for me, it is my opinion that matters to me, but no one or very few on MTBR have any idea what I may have or may not have sacrificed to get them.....

Jul 2007
    Very fair reply.

It appears that Fred and I have different priorities, which is okay.
    Last edited by combatkimura; 10-04-2007 at 04:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    1. I don't have a Nic, and probably never will. I think they are awesome, I could afford to buy one or even several, but I think the price/performance ratio is surpassed by many other bikes. If I was independently wealthy, I'd buy at least two.

2. At first, Crazy Fred sort of Pi$$eD me off. Then he confused me. Now I think he's hilarious. Definately a nutter, but hey, he calls himself CRAZY Fred, right? Clearly he is self aware, so he must be at least a little sane.

3. I like value. I try to find the best bang for my buck. Some people like to get the cutting edge, no matter what the cost. If they can afford it without breaking any laws or neglecting their family, more power to them. It allows a group of metalworkers in Germany to care for THEIR families.

4. Go for it Fred!

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura

houses are ghey. priorities are ghey. bikes are cool!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Group hug. Ghey, ghey, ghey.

Hmmmm?

Black Lion
    Crazy Fred may be a horrible speller and little bit off kilter but he is a great guy and a TOTAL RIPPER! He is the guy who would give you the shirt off his back and ask for nothing in return.

Freddy, keep being you and do what you do best. Killing it on a mountain bike. The guy is the real deal and has been for many years.

Still looking to rip on the FR at some point

Greg

Members who have read this thread: 0