Nicolai GPI arrived!- Mtbr.com
    Nicolai

Nicolai GPI arrived!

Big thank you to Nicolai Bikes for making this happen for Attitudebikes. We present to you the first 5 production GPI in the World!

Black gpi - XS size
    Ti ano, raw and semi permeable orange - Long
    Semipermeable yellow - longer

Nicolai
    Nicolai GPI arrived!-img_4294.jpgNicolai GPI arrived!-img_4290.jpgNicolai GPI arrived!-img_4296.jpgNicolai GPI arrived!-img_4292.jpgNicolai GPI arrived!-img_4288.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Firstly, Ace.
    Message me direct if you want some setup tips before you build them up.
    We've quite a lot of experience with the Geo over here👍 I would suggest a couple of things to make them even better.
    I think your customers will love them😀

Nicolai
    Hi the pilot yes that would be very nice! Do you mind sharing it here or should we move the post to the GPi thread ? Would really love your input especially the long and longer gpi frames

Any tips from yourself would be so wonderful. We are getting our hands busy building them up and just competed the longer ! Looks like a bus ! It's so long !
    Last edited by AttitudeBikes; 12-11-2015 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Here is ok!

It depends a little on the forks shocks you are using..but.

First I would put a -1deg angleset in the GPI. I know that sounds crazy given you think it's long, but trust me it makes a big difference in how it feels rides to get sub 63deg HA.
    Next if you can I'd use the 180mm fork if using the Fox 36 and do the Mojo internal mods to the airspring by removing the bump stop.
    If you use the 170mm Fox to begin with, removing the spacer takes it to 180mm, removing the bump stop makes a big difference to the neg spring volume and how the fork feels. it gives approx 165mm of travel, you wont bottom it out or use the full 180mm.

We also use a different set of lubes in the fork to give more sensitivity. I can pm you the 'supple' mod instructions.

This does a couple of things. brings the HA to 62deg,gives amazing small bump sensitivity but enables the fork to sit up even more and provides a surperb spring rate that matches the rear leverage (particularly if you use an X2)

If you are using a Lyric or Pike, try and match the 180mm Fox axle to crown overall. That may mean using a Cane Creek angleset to give an external lower cup, I'd have to know the fork you're using really.

The only other things are riding tips, it can need a different technique to get the best out of it depending on the rider and a period of adaption.
    Weight the front in corners, a lot, much more than you imagine, the HA allows it and if you sit back or upright like on a normal bike the front will run wide and understeer,
    Depending on the rider that may mean keeping the front stack low initially to force a forward position, also use wide bars, 780mm or 800mm to encourage this.
    Good cornering technique basically, heavily weight the outside foot and the bars and it will carve.
    Even on the steepest terrain you can focus on using the front brake to control the bike, you won't go over the front!

As you ride it more you will get more confidence in how hard you can weight the front and how hard you can brake..

If you want to discuss specifics around fork etc just PM me.
    Aka chainline...

Nicolai
    Hi there

We are running two gpis on 170mm fox fork which we will
    Proceed with the changes u have advised for sure !

One of them in on a matrix and rear shock by mojo . Any idea what have been done to
    The rear shock that's different from others because having a shorter ETE and stroke?

Our own Bike we will run the new 180mm lyric to have a comparison. And most probably a CCdB air on the rear... We were told that it cannot accommodate a monarch because of the length issues ? Still awaiting their reply .

Rode the long abit today, and your advise on riding a geo like this really helps a lot. It's a weird feeling but it's balance, stable and fast on the gpi ( when u go fast it gets faster!)

Will check up with you the the other stuff on PM

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The Float X2 from Moho should have the same eye to eye and stroke 216x63

No mods to the rest shock other than setup of volume spacers relative to rider weight.

I'll check with Chris if they have a specific guide.

The same applies to the fork.

I'll send the fork supple mods and base damping settings by pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aka chainline...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Ok you should now have some fork/shock setup to go from and some service tips for suspension heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aka chainline...