Mojo GeoMetron Not-So-Long Kids/smaller persons bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Mojo GeoMetron Not-So-Long Kids/smaller persons bike

So Mojo have two bikes in the UK now for the new kids and smaller persons bike we have put together which we intend to put into production.

I have not managed to build the second one yet but here is a picture of the first demo frame built up and under a young ripper who rides with jack Reading from the OneVision WC DH team running GeoMetron G19's and supported by Mojo.

We will be putting the bike under a range of riders, novice, fast, steady, young etc all between the target sizes of 4'7" and 5'5" over the coming weeks but I am very confident it will be great having spent time testing sample dimensions with my daughters.

The goal of this bike was to provide a no compromises bike for smaller people and kids who want to ride the same trails their parents are.

My wife is only 5' tall and my kids at a little over that now but not previously it was really difficult to find bikes that worked for them with a good spec, that gave them confidence to ride with me. I ended up modifying older 26" bikes.

I won't put all the geo here unless there is big demand but the headline is it is a Mojo GeoMetron, with the same angles, boost rear, but a 73mm std BB, 145mm to 160mm of travel depending on shock and can take from a 160mm to a 180mm fork, 150mm up front will work if desired.

It can run 26' or 27.5" wheels and has a 668mm/26" standover with a 350mm or 13.5" seat tube to allow a 150mm dropper or at the very least 125mm.

The full build for kids will include 150mm or 155mm cranks, Fox dps and Fox 34's, light wheels and cassette, 11sp drivetrain and Hope finishing kit including brakes for a target weight of around 28lbs.

I'm looking forward to getting feedback on this one.

AS soon as I have the second one built up I'll post it, the spec and weight etc.

If you want specific details let me know.

Mojo GeoMetron Not-So-Long Kids/smaller persons bike-img_0980.jpg
    Aka chainline...

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Any chance it will fit a storia

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_pilot View Post
    So Mojo have two bikes in the UK now for the new kids and smaller persons bike we have put together which we intend to put into production.

I have not managed to build the second one yet but here is a picture of the first demo frame built up and under a young ripper who rides with jack Reading from the OneVision WC DH team running GeoMetron G19's and supported by Mojo.

We will be putting the bike under a range of riders, novice, fast, steady, young etc all between the target sizes of 4'7" and 5'5" over the coming weeks but I am very confident it will be great having spent time testing sample dimensions with my daughters.

The goal of this bike was to provide a no compromises bike for smaller people and kids who want to ride the same trails their parents are.

My wife is only 5' tall and my kids at a little over that now but not previously it was really difficult to find bikes that worked for them with a good spec, that gave them confidence to ride with me. I ended up modifying older 26" bikes.

I won't put all the geo here unless there is big demand but the headline is it is a Mojo GeoMetron, with the same angles, boost rear, but a 73mm std BB, 145mm to 160mm of travel depending on shock and can take from a 160mm to a 180mm fork, 150mm up front will work if desired.

It can run 26' or 27.5" wheels and has a 668mm/26" standover with a 350mm or 13.5" seat tube to allow a 150mm dropper or at the very least 125mm.

The full build for kids will include 150mm or 155mm cranks, Fox dps and Fox 34's, light wheels and cassette, 11sp drivetrain and Hope finishing kit including brakes for a target weight of around 28lbs.

I'm looking forward to getting feedback on this one.

AS soon as I have the second one built up I'll post it, the spec and weight etc.

If you want specific details let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0980.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	1140158
    Frame only option ? Cost? Non boost compatibility option? I have old 135 and 142 wheels kicking around that would bolt onto this frame nicely...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Apologies for very late reply to this.
    The current version. Wont fit a Storia. I designed two versions, one for a non piggy back and one for with.
    The piggy back version has 20mm taller standover and ST length at 370mm so slightly bigger, Id say from a 160cm rider.

We are looking at putting it in production but unsure how many to make right now.

Either can be custom ordered for a small charge as the work has been done.

My daughter and wife plus some other smaller riders have been testing this one for the last 6months or so..
    Everyone seems really happy on it, lots of confidence with a range of abilities and it rips.

Headline numbers are;
    HA 63deg @160mm fork, 62.5 @ 180mm fork
    150-160mm rear travel (216 or 222 shock)
    73mm B.B.
    148mm Boost rear spacing (so adaptors needed for non boost wheel)
    ETT 600mm
    Reach 465mm
    CS 445mm
    B.B. height 335mm
    ST 350mm

Its as happy with 26, 27.5 or a hybrid (26/27.5 or indeed 27.5/29, the latter only really for a rider around 165cm as the stack is lifted compared to a 180mm 27.5 front)

Rider heights tested from 151cm to 160cm.
    All riders used 780mm bar and 35mm stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aka chainline...

mtbr member
    The bike colour matches the redhead's hair, perfect.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for I suck at brake control. Heres a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    The bike colour matches the redhead's hair, perfect.
    Shes a pretty handy rider too. From a place called Hebden Bridge, the trails there take no prisoners...

Aka chainline...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I should add that all the riders were able to run a 150mm dropper with no problems.
    You could run a 170mm externally routed dropper like the Movloc but the stealth routing of a Fox transfer or similar prevents that length being used.

Aka chainline...

mtbr member
    All bikes should be able to use a 150mm dropper.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for I suck at brake control. Heres a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    All bikes should be able to use a 150mm dropper.
    Its not the bike. Its the rider height to seatpost to top tube ratio.
    Its why many riders cant just size up
    Im one of them, 5.10, I ride a bike with a 660mm ETT and 520mm reach. Thats and XXL in most manufacturer sizes.

Riders this size normally get no chance even in kids suspension bikes.

Aka chainline...

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Will the design that fits a piggy back shock go into production ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v0n View Post
    Will the design that fits a piggy back shock go into production ?
    Not sure yet. Less likely as it becomes so close to the current small size.

I think you also have to consider what production. Means for MojoRising & GeoMetron!

Given the size and weight of riders for a bike of this size in-line shock is more than enough.

As mentioned, custom is not a higher expense on top and the design is done so it could also be quick if you really wanted a piggy back.

Aka chainline...

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ok got it !