To lessen or not to lessen the travel...- Mtbr.com
    Ricky Bobby

To lessen or not to lessen the travel...

That is the question.

Do I remove some of the shims in the Fox 40 to drop the travel down to 160mm, or do I keep the fork in its current state, leaving the travel at the 8" setting?

I'm posing this question just in case, by some slim chance, any person is as insane as I am and has actually run their 2MXTB the way that I'm considering running mine--full on 8":
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    OMG that is insane!

Why lol.. id love to see that built up

"El Whatever"
    What does the Warranty card says?
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

hope these help...

Sep 2005
    I'd start in 160mm But then again what the hell do I know. That is an awesome combination!!! NICE!

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Sweet ride, I like where your going with this. I'd go 170 to start, at 200 the hta is going to get real steep at bottom out. Plus the bb drop is going to be huge. I guess it all in how you want it to handle. I loved my bmxtb (single) with the 04 Z1 which is about the same a-t-c as the current 150mm models. Looking forward to seeing some action shots.

"Its All Good"
    The Nicolai specs say the 2MXTB can handle a 200 mm travle fork, I would build it and then play and find the optimum setting by trialing in each incremental setting say...

Toni worked out that on my Nucleon, that the Fox 40 at 200 will lift my A 2 C up around 6mm compared to the Totem... So I could drop the travel to 190mm and have the front lower than with the Totem, so i will play a bit....

This build is going to look sweet
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Ricky Bobby

Answered!

I'm just going to use the fork in its current state (8"), but when I'm old and no longer dropping off of the big stuff, then I'll drop it down to 160mm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'd say ride it and play with it to find where you like it. Changing travel is really only like a 15 min deal.

Members who have read this thread: 0