Interested in the Geometron G13 or G16- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Interested in the Geometron G13 or G16

Been interested in these bikes ever since they came out. I am one of those people who are average height (5 foot 10 inches) but have a weird body make up where I have short legs and I am all upper body.
    Had a quick gander at the Mojo tent when they were up for the Tweedlove weekend this year but didn't get a chance to actually ride one (I was on the hill for most of it taping, marshaling)
    Ok I know that I am asking about a 29er and a 650b bike and they both have their plus and minus points. I currently ride a 2014 Large Mojo HD3 and ride anything from long XC routes to enduros so am ideally looking for a bike that can climb as well as being able to handle the more gnarly stuff.
    One of my questions is the G16 overkill for most of the stuff that is available in the Tweed Valley or Scotland or is the G13 more suitable. Also in terms of sizing would the Long better suited for me (I know demo is better but I am just looking at a ballpark)
    Thanks,
    Alex

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Alex, youíll find loads of info on the development thread on here but also, shhh, the Singletrack world thread. Iíve given lots of advice to on both.

Luckily for you the G16 can be set up as 29, 27.5 or hybrid 29/27.5.

Itís definitely not overkill for the Tweed Valley. You can use it with a 216 shock in 155mm and have it set up how you like.
    For general use Iíd say thatís the balance of fun and speed with a G16.

The G13 is also a cracking bike, can be extended to 148mm at the rear with the DHX2 shock from Mojo and is a bargain at the moment from Mojo.

Both bikes can turn their hand to most things but you can hit harder stuff faster on a G16 ultimately.

Both bikes are great pedalling, they have the same curve, just the G16 goes on for longer...

Size wise based on your description of your body type Iíd say Longer/M would be right.
    What is your inside leg, uktimTwly itís the dropper clearance that is key.
    Also use the right length cranks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aka chainline...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by the_pilot View Post
    Alex, youíll find loads of info on the development thread on here but also, shhh, the Singletrack world thread. Iíve given lots of advice to on both.

Luckily for you the G16 can be set up as 29, 27.5 or hybrid 29/27.5.

Itís definitely not overkill for the Tweed Valley. You can use it with a 216 shock in 155mm and have it set up how you like.
    For general use Iíd say thatís the balance of fun and speed with a G16.

The G13 is also a cracking bike, can be extended to 148mm at the rear with the DHX2 shock from Mojo and is a bargain at the moment from Mojo.

Both bikes can turn their hand to most things but you can hit harder stuff faster on a G16 ultimately.

Both bikes are great pedalling, they have the same curve, just the G16 goes on for longer...

Size wise based on your description of your body type Iíd say Longer/M would be right.
    What is your inside leg, uktimTwly itís the dropper clearance that is key.
    Also use the right length cranks.

Thanks for the reply. I have just come across the thread on ahem Singletrack as well.
    To answer your question, my inside leg is 30 inches/77 cm and I think i could get away with either the Long or Longer bikes. Guess I need to have a serious think about spending the day down at Mojo and testing the bikes out (as a aside I had a quick car park test of the new Whyte S150 in large and it felt ok and even the guy at the shop (who is also a good mate) said the bike looked right on me. The Whyte has a reach of 474.4mm)
    Alex

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I think based on your description a Longer/M would be best.
    Iím confident a Longest would work but ST clearance wouldnít be as good.
    Try the Longer.

Aka chainline...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by the_pilot View Post
    I think based on your description a Longer/M would be best.
    Iím confident a Longest would work but ST clearance wouldnít be as good.
    Try the Longer.

Thanks for the help and advice. Now for some man maths 😂
    Alex