I give you something new...maybe?- Mtbr.com
    a tight kick sound

I give you something new...maybe?

So as I posted in one of the other threads, I have been thinking about the Nonius CC for quite some time. It looks very similar to a small version of my UFO ST. So since there is a Big Nonius (UFO ST) and a ds nonius (UFO DS) and a CC nonius and a Nonius race, why is there no Nonius FR?

Well, I took it upon myself to see if I could come up with some new ideas. This is an image of my ideas.

Some measurements to of course: Similar geo to nonius CC, but able to take a 6 inch fork
    and a dhx air in back. Lower stand over, slightly lower seat tube. TT, ST gusset, HT, DT gussets. A cam in between the swingarms below the shock mounts. 10 or 12mm axle option. HA can come out to 68 with a 6 inch fork and about 14.0 BB. HA around 69 with a 140 fork and BB around 13,75. Almost Slopestyle but built more for tackling trails and jumps that come up in the trails. Can do some FR but more of the jumpy to transition man built FR now adays!

What do ya think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    You have too much time on your hands

Good work though

a tight kick sound
    this is true, waiting for the microscope to scan is killer boreing. I try to do other shiz but dang...

Also, I have been thinking about a new frame...of course right? The turner is hurting my knee bad. I have never had knee pain before. I am trying to change up things one at a time to see what it is. At work while waiting I am thinking of what might replace it if I cannot figure it out.

"Its All Good"
    me like your thinking booner........... Would be a beast... Throw your idea at Nicolai, they may well have some thoughts of there own..... It is not like they dont have enough models in their lineup...........You just want a Jnr to match your UFO.......

That is a shame the Turner is hurting your knee, odd to hear, hope you can sort the knee and bike so the knee is tickety boo again
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

lazy piston
    Mar 2006
    That's probably what I was talking about, an UFO FR if you like, a Helius FR's single pivot brother.

Please add adjustable front shock mount and drop the top tube another two inches or even more

a tight kick sound
    yeah yeah...I was thinking changeable front mounts too!! Good on ya.
    I have dropped the TT quite a bit already from stock...About 3 inches!
    Wanna make sure the seat tower has enough support

a tight kick sound
    Yeah ha as whafe says!
    Looky what I find on Nicolai page
    She is a large with ample stand-over....mmmmmmmaaahhhhhh
    I knew it could be done. Man that thing is HOT!!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    cool find! Time to swap the UFO-ST?

"Its All Good"
    Get Err to throw an offer at Nicolai, is is 2001 frame though, so should be able to be got for reasonably well priced.....

Yeah ha..........................LMFAO
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

a tight kick sound
    I will need to give seriuous thought to all this
    The RFX is making me very happy right now and there are some plans cookin for the future
    that I may need to clear house for???

Will let y'all know!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    I will need to give seriuous thought to all this
    The RFX is making me very happy right now and there are some plans cookin for the future
    that I may need to clear house for???

Will let y'all know!
    So bro, what ya got cooking?..............

mtbr member
    Just a thing thing that has been bothering me for some time now. What purpose does the little bar thing under the shock have?

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by tom2304
    What purpose does the little bar thing under the shock have?
    Nicolai says:
    "A reinforcement rod isolates the lightweight Easton FS down-tube against the shock loads and leads to a lighter and yet more solid construction."
    http://www.nicolai.net/products/e-fr...nonius-cc.html

To rephrase, it lets them use a lighter down tube, without worrying about forces through the shock bending/breaking it.

a tight kick sound
    Funny you should mention this.
    Pert is correct. It seems like not that much of a big deal however...
    I was riding at BlackRock, our local FR area a couple weeks ago and met a great guy (loaned me a der after I hosed mine) who built his own bikes. The suspension was
    not exactly like the ufo but put forces similar to that of the ufo on a similar position on the DT. I saw him later that day carrying his bike with two hands...almost in two pieces.

He had sheared the DT right in that high stress area. I offered him my bike but he was cool with what he had for the day. He did mention though "my next bike will DEF have a a bar to support the DT under full compression "

Members who have read this thread: 0