Have to Say, Nicolai is pushing the Development Harder than Most- Mtbr.com
    "Its All Good"

Have to Say, Nicolai is pushing the Development Harder than Most

Since dreaming of owning a Nicolai since I was more or less sh!tting mustard, many years went by, many moons and my dream came true to own a Nicolai, and yes with an internal gearbox..... It is indeed the ducks nuts....

So I now follow things all Nicolai as close as I can..... Along with some staunch comrades, being Err, Booner and Crazy Fred, and many others......

I have picked up all sorts of late, all good for discussion. I really feel though that not many companies are really pushing the boundries har don the gearbox thing....

Fellow MTBR dude Testmaen has kindly come forward with these pics etc. Taken by a dude from mtb-news.de in Germany.....

Picture 1 The Nucleon GBoxx upon arrival
    Picture 2 The Nicolai Nucleon at Whistler
    Picture 3 The New Universal Transmission Gear Box System Proto
    Picture 4 The New Universal Transmission Gear Box System Proto
    Picture 5 Close up of the Gear Box
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Then we move to, Get This,a first prototype with a electrical controlled gearbox and belt driven...

Yeah ha team, its all good....

Peeps in the house, we need to sit up and take notice of these fella's at Nicolai, pushing the boundries hard.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    great finds Whafe!
    you should come to visit and go to Nicolai HQ

mtbr member
    May 2006

You know what's killing me?

If anyone deserves there own Forum its us,Why the he!! can't we get our own Nicolai Forum?Look how many different Nicolai threads there have been in the last couple weeks,and more so the last few days.OH but Mountain Cycle can get there own Forum right?THEY DON'T EVEN [email protected] MAKE MOUNTAIN CYCLE ANYMORE,yet let's give them there own Forum.Can someone help me to understand this?CF.

"Its All Good"
    Vote please fella´s

Need a Nicolai Forum

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I AGREE... Nicolai forum page! I haven't owned one yet, but I love looking at them and the tech. edge they want to push. Electric Gboxx... Holy S**T!!! I've always thought a TST EVO would be the ultimate in bling. It's the Bugatti Veyron of mountain bikes.

Nicolai page!!! Who will start the thread on this...
    You got my vote!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    I AGREE... Nicolai forum page! I haven't owned one yet, but I love looking at them and the tech. edge they want to push. Electric Gboxx... Holy S**T!!! I've always thought a TST EVO would be the ultimate in bling. It's the Bugatti Veyron of mountain bikes.

Nicolai page!!! Who will start the thread on this...
    You got my vote!
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=336557

a tight kick sound
    Now Nicoali needs to steal Greg Minnar or Sam hill to race their bikes and we are all set
    Somehow I don't see Nicolai spending the dough on those guys though...prolly rather put it back towards pushing the industry forward! Sheesh...what are they thinking?

Anyway, gimmie Nicolai forum damn it!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Nicolai already has some very good pro team riders, although they are not that well known. The teampage is http://sram-nicolai.dbap.de

btw. The 2008 catalouge can be downloaded. The link is http://www.nicolai.net/entertain/showcase.html#news

a tight kick sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    Nicolai already has some very good pro team riders, although they are not that well known. The teampage is http://sram-nicolai.dbap.de

btw. The 2008 catalouge can be downloaded. The link is http://www.nicolai.net/entertain/showcase.html#news
    T-man, yeah I have been following them for a bit. They are pretty good!! Joris is killin it
    I was just being sarcastic as it seems many of the other brands put a lot into these big time riders as part of their marketing. Seems to me that Nicolai is putting a lot more into development than marketing and hype : ) I like this.

Nicolai USA (I am not sure who you are Tman so this may be redundant to you) has a couple of guys that are doing pretty well on the race gig over here in CA this year too. Matt sent out some pretty cool updates about what was happening there for a while. Pretty cool stuff!

Thanks for the 08 cat!

mtbr member
    Gonnae get your facts straight mate - Mountain Cycle are back in business and building bikes, in fact I think you'll find one took the World Championship Junior Womens DH in Fort Bill today.

Nicolai's are cool, but stop sprouting trash about Mountain Cycles just because you haven't got your own forum yet - we've been waiting since 1989.
    SCOTLAND! Where men are men and sheep are scared!

Maaaaan
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    If anyone deserves there own Forum its us,Why the he!! can't we get our own Nicolai Forum?Look how many different Nicolai threads there have been in the last couple weeks,and more so the last few days.OH but Mountain Cycle can get there own Forum right?THEY DON'T EVEN [email protected] MAKE MOUNTAIN CYCLE ANYMORE,yet let's give them there own Forum.Can someone help me to understand this?CF.
    First of all, Mountain Cycle isn't out of business. They just moved from up north, back to Southern Ca.

I don't have an answer to the question of why Nicolai isn't getting their own forum.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

mtbr member
    May 2006

You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by thekiltedskier
    Gonnae get your facts straight mate - Mountain Cycle are back in business and building bikes, in fact I think you'll find one took the World Championship Junior Womens DH in Fort Bill today.

Nicolai's are cool, but stop sprouting trash about Mountain Cycles just because you haven't got your own forum yet - we've been waiting since 1989.
    You guys have been waiting a lone time.In fact if you go look at the rist thread over at the MC forum,you'll see that I'm was quite happy for you guys.BTW I've had three MC'c a Sin a 9.5 and a Fury.They are no Nicoli.Peace.CF.

Maaaaan

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by thekiltedskier

The European Team riders have been doing very well on their Mountain Cycles.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

Members who have read this thread: 0