Gregg, Francois Please reconsider if the time is right for a Nicolai Forum- Mtbr.com

Poll: Would you as an MTBR member support a dedicated Nicolai Forum

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

"Its All Good"

Gregg, Francois Please reconsider if the time is right for a Nicolai Forum

Gregg, Francois can you please follow this little poll to see if the time is right to have a dedicated Nicolai Forum.....

You will think I am very much biased, but in all honesty, feel the time is right....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

bi-winning
    Who is Nicolai?
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Who is Nicolai?
    Take a look dude..

Nicolai
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

a tight kick sound
    gimmie!

Oct 2005
    But they do have a Nicolai forum...

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137

Let's keep it exclusive to us speakers of German.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    bring it on!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    But they do have a Nicolai forum...

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137

Let's keep it exclusive to us speakers of German.
    Good point bro, but while you are here, you could at least vote your thoughts please....

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Yah.

rr
    I don't do PC
    If it will keep Whafe off the Tunrer board and stirring up the homers then hell yeah

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It's a cryin shame Nicolai doesn't have their own forum, especially with all the me-too bike companies slapping their brand on frames designed and made by OEMs in Taiwan, and doing nothing what-so-ever to advance the sport. Seriously, in terms of innovation what other maker even comes close?

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Take a look dude..

Nicolai
    i have heard of the brand before, but i did not know they offered such a wide range of products. cool.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

a tight kick sound
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    i have heard of the brand before, but i did not know they offered such a wide range of products. cool.
    Well, so see here? We have already helped someone

mtbr member
    May 2006

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by strader
    It's a cryin shame Nicolai doesn't have their own forum, especially with all the me-too bike companies slapping their brand on frames designed and made by OEMs in Taiwan, and doing nothing what-so-ever to advance the sport. Seriously, in terms of innovation what other maker even comes close?
    This is a joke,Set it up ,make it happen,and do it now.OK,I'll say please,PLEASE.No for real your not going to get all nicey nice out of me because the fact we don't have one and soooo many other not as worthy one do.Like strader said we not just talking some run of the mill frame maker here.Not at all Nicolai has set the bar so high its not even funny.And look at all the threads on and about Nicolai just in the past two-three days.I HATE when I have to come over to here or the other forum we alot of the times put our Nick threads.Sharing space with some of the other people around here makes me nuts.( I mean come on meds can only do so much )Again Mountain Cycle just got there own Fourm and MC don't even [email protected] make bikes anymore(well they just started to recently)I will start and add to a thread a day FACT.And once the Forums don't see me around after awhile,,,TRUST ME they will come looking for CRAZY FRED,and this new Nicolai Forum will be the Turner Forum of yesterday(except with better bikes of course).Gregg,bro.come on guy this is a no brainer.PLEASE make this happen.Just think you won't have to chase me away from all the Forums(well not as much anyway Ha)Thank you.CF...

"Its All Good"
    Good to see that the votes are rolling in. A good thing, great to see that there will be some support out there

wyrd bi ful rd
    I am definitely for a dedicated Nicolai forum ...

I have to admit that I have not heard of Nicolai until the Helius FR was featured in the What MTB magazine about 2 months ago. Now it pains me to know that I do not have one in the garage.

It is a very forward looking company and is constantly pushing the boundaries and will be around for sometime to come and based on this alone, i think it deserves a forum.

"Its All Good"
    An interesting thing that many view the thread but choose not to vote either way...

I think though that the MTBR team will see this as a positve move, to have a Nicoali Forum area

Mar 2005
    I think with the time that Whafe has been on MTBR and the fact that he can spot quality products and trends in the market, his suggestion should be okayed. I have a Titus and a IF but if I had only had an LBS that knew anything about Nicolai, well, lets just say I would have one or two. They are THE most cutting edge company out there and as someone stated, the fact that "me-too" companies get there own forum and Nicolai doesn't is a damn shame. GIVE WHAFE WHAT HE WANTS!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE JONES
    I think with the time that Whafe has been on MTBR and the fact that he can spot quality products and trends in the market, his suggestion should be okayed. I have a Titus and a IF but if I had only had an LBS that knew anything about Nicolai, well, lets just say I would have one or two. They are THE most cutting edge company out there and as someone stated, the fact that "me-too" companies get there own forum and Nicolai doesn't is a damn shame. GIVE WHAFE WHAT HE WANTS!!!!!!!!!
    I wish I could only once post something half as profone and or as captivating as what was displayed here.EDDIE JONES my freind my hat, she is a' tipped CF.

Maaaaan

Cool-blue Rhythm What ?

Quote Originally Posted by strader
    MOUNTAIN CYCLE ! They originated the pivot point used by almost all single pivot bikes. They also invented "All Mountain" way before anyone thought to do it, or call it that.
    Trek, while being a "me too" company, came out with the first bike frames in Carbon Fibre that were actually usable.
    Giant came out with the ATX series bikes that were raced to fame by persons like John Tomac and became the insperation for bikes like the Rocky Mountain Element and I think the Slayer as well.
    Specialized came out with the Horst Link bikes and the Horst Link is licensed by many other manufacturers for good reason.
    I don't know who invented the walking beam suspension used by Turner, Kona and others, but they deserve credit as inovators.
    The guy that invented The Virtual Pivot, used by Intense and Santa Cruze, deserves credit as one of the most important inovators. Its to bad he was ahead of his time and his bike company failed, although he did manage to sell the rights to his invention to Santa Cruze and Intense.
    Fox Racing deserves credit, for building the first usable rear Shocks.
    Rock Shocks deserves credit for Building the first usable front suspension products.
    And the list could go on...

Later, Eric.
    Last edited by Ericmopar; 09-08-2007 at 10:32 PM.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    I wish I could only once post something half as profone and or as captivating as what was displayed here.EDDIE JONES my freind my hat, she is a' tipped CF.
    Damn, CF, thanks

mtbr member
    I'm sure a Nicolai forum will be way more active the many other forum... and interesting..

Supersonic Garfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Specialized came out with the Horst Link bikes and the Horst Link is licensed by many other manufacturers for good reason.

Later, Eric.
    Dude. Karl-Heinz Nicolai created the Horst Link while working for AMP-Research in the early nineties. Horst Leitner, the owner, got it patented and sold it to Specialized.

"Its All Good"
    MOUNTAIN CYCLE ! They originated the pivot point used by almost all single pivot bikes. They also invented "All Mountain" way before anyone thought to do it, or call it that.
    Trek, while being a "me too" company, came out with the first bike frames in Carbon Fibre that were actually usable.
    Giant came out with the ATX series bikes that were raced to fame by persons like John Tomac and became the insperation for bikes like the Rocky Mountain Element and I think the Slayer as well.
    I don't know who invented the walking beam suspension used by Turner, Kona and others, but they deserve credit as inovators.
    The guy that invented The Virtual Pivot, used by Intense and Santa Cruze, deserves credit as one of the most important inovators. Its to bad he was ahead of his time and his bike company failed, although he did manage to sell the rights to his invention to Santa Cruze and Intense.
    Rock Shocks deserves credit for Building the first usable front suspension products.

Later, Eric.
    Eric, Bro, you make some good points, but you also make some points that have zero validity, but hey, am not going to point all these out here.

What Trond points out is pretty significant, take note of that one.

What I guess is being said and I tend to agree with it, the large large companies are not really pushing the bounderies to new stuff, yes they may well perfect an idea that has already been on the table, and with a larger R&D pool, have made things better......

mtbr member
    May 2006

And,

Later, Eric.
    Where are they now ?CLOSED OUT OF BUSNIESS.I'm sorry what was your point?

Maaaaan
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Where are they now ?CLOSED OUT OF BUSNIESS.I'm sorry what was your point?
    Who's out of business?
    I did get the one on the Horst link wrong. I totaly forgot it was originaly used on the Amp Bikes. So Amp gets credit for one of the bike industries greatest inventions.
    And thats the way it is. Persons that invent things rarely get the credit, its the corporations that pay them that usually get it.

"Its All Good"
    Eric, C Fred.... lets not turn this thread into a proove it thread, we need comments re getting a dedicated Nicolai forum, which I justly feel is due.......Its all good.............

Maaaaan
    Eric, C Fred.... lets not turn this thread into a proove it thread, we need comments re getting a dedicated Nicolai forum, which I justly feel is due.......Its all good.............
    I agree, we don't want to highjack the thread.

Has anyone from Nicolai tried to contact the MTBR staff?
    That I believe, will be a necessary starting point.
    Do the people at Nicolai know, that the Nicolai owners on this site want their own forum? If not, someone may want to email Nicolai and let them know, so they can help out.

Later, Eric.

"Its All Good"
    I agree, we don't want to highjack the thread.

Has anyone from Nicolai tried to contact the MTBR staff?
    That I believe, will be a necessary starting point.
    Do the people at Nicolai know, that the Nicolai owners on this site want their own forum? If not, someone may want to email Nicolai and let them know, so they can help out.

Later, Eric.
    Good point, I have mentioned it to Falco in Germany in the many emails we have had back and forward...

Matt, if you are checking this, be cool if you could make contact with the MTBR crew also

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Wow, I don't know if I even want to comment on this after the way it was handled last time. Lord know we don't want to discuss new product development from one of the industries largest innovators of specialty frames That is discuss them in english. Hopefully Gregg or Francois will actually respond. If not I can still butcher the German language with an language translator.

"Its All Good"
    I have faith that both Gregg and Francois are monitoring this and am confident on this one.... Here's hoping peeps.......

"Its All Good"
    Any more peeps whom havnt voted on this poll and would like to, please do

Wish to get this off to the Head Mods at some stage soon

Cheers
    Whafe

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Maybe another poll could count how many Nicolia members there are here. It would be nice to keep that Whafe fella contained in another forum. He seems to fly around everywhere and is starting to talk crazy

lazy piston
    Mar 2006
    We definitely need a Nicolai forum, you have my vote.

"Its All Good"
    You have issues with me flitting about Flyer ???????.................. Mwah ha ha ha

"Its All Good"
    GeoLover, you you well you, caribou shagger

Living Ghetto Fabulous!

???

I'm a little bit confused on the 4 NO votes...? Why vote No? Anyway, I just wanted to enter the fact that Nicolai has updated the website with 2008 frames. I've been drooling over my photo copied catalog pages, but the website finally shows more detail of the ION... Oh baby.

"Its All Good"
    An update....

Thank you to all those that voted....

I have sent a message to both Gregg and Francois re the poll and the question of allowing a Nicolai Forum....

See below for those that voted...................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Whafe; 09-16-2007 at 02:19 AM.

"El Whatever"
    Just because of Karl being one of the ones that have been pushing the envelope since he worked for Leitner, his bikes deserve a forum.
    Check my Site

a tight kick sound
    Whats up with people voting no. I understand that you may not Like Nicolai but why vote no? Is it because you don't want every little manufacturer getting there own little e world going and clogg up the mtbr?

I don't get it.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Whats up with people voting no. I understand that you may not Like Nicolai but why vote no? Is it because you don't want every little manufacturer getting there own little e world going and clogg up the mtbr?

I don't get it.
    I think a Nicolai board would be bad for MTBR. That's how Hitler got his start.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    I hope it is a joke !!!! a very bad one that is.

Not funny at all

local trails rider
    (OT)
    It must be a joke... A couple of days ago a local newspaper had an article on how the Nazis would have loved to have the internet as a channel to "spread the word".
    (/OT)

I do not have a Nicolai but I'll vote "yes".

"Its All Good"
    BA - Not cool bro..............

BA - Not cool bro..............

Tough $hit.

Any person or group that can't take a Hitler joke makes me nervouse.

"Its All Good"
    Any person or group that can't take a Hitler joke makes me nervouse.
    I totally understand. Bro, you know very well that I have a sense of humour, as you do. But some things are not funny to some, thats all that is being said.......Its all good, dont want a too and fro back and forward on this, just on this one, more probly find it not funny than funny.....

How is the body after the ladder drop? 100% back to feeling good? Hope So

Quote Originally Posted by What
    I more probably find it not funny than funny.....

I find it funny. I'm sure there are lots of neo Nazi groups that don't... my apologies to them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If I fell 500 feet from a ladder, I'd find everything else funny as well

However, having Whafe and CF in one forum has its benefits. Consider it a low-security prison for those two even though more nonsense would be spewed there over any forum except F-88, where most of the nutjobs reside .

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    i do appologized for my ignorant.
    At first i thought why would one of AMP designer want it's own forum, later you find DW would want too and together with some other designer. I've heard of Nikolai name but didn't know they have a line of nice bikes after i read the whole tread. I even try to search where to buy that Helius (FR or CC) here in the US.

To the OP, Yes, my fault, i do appologized again, i've should do my research or the post should give some background of it. If i can take back my vote, please move it to "YES".

Now, can someone tell me where can u get this in the US?

mtbr member
    May 2006

Now your talking

Quote Originally Posted by nizee
    At first i thought why would one of AMP designer want it's own forum, later you find DW would want too and together with some other designer. I've heard of Nikolai name but didn't know they have a line of nice bikes after i read the whole tread. I even try to search where to buy that Helius (FR or CC) here in the US.

To the OP, Yes, my fault, i do appologized again, i've should do my research or the post should give some background of it. If i can take back my vote, please move it to "YES".

Where do you live? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you on NEW Nicolai and life has you knew it will never be the same.CF...

Trophy Husband
    GeoLover, you you well you, caribou shagger
    Whafe, please don't take offense. I don't have an issue with Nicolai (awesome bikes!) or with a Nicolai forum...but you appear to be begging with this thread and it looks pathetic, IMO...so I voted no.

Go find a sponsor for the thread. Money talks...BS walks.
    Extreme stationary biker.

a tight kick sound
    Quote Originally Posted by nizee

Matt at Nicolai USA, Toni (Err) and Black Sheep cycles and I think Ncig all deal Nicolai in the USA right now. Hit anyone of them up for more info. Err with a PM will probably be fastest!

Anyone that knows better can correct me if I am wrong

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Matt at Nicolai USA, Toni (Err) and Black Sheep cycles and I think Ncig all deal Nicolai in the USA right now. Hit anyone of them up for more info. Err with a PM will probably be fastest!

Anyone that knows better can correct me if I am wrong
    Thanks. Got someone PM me with contacts. I've deal with Toni before and good to know of a few source i can get Nicolai bikes in the US.

Change my vote to a yes.

Oct 2006
    Vote yes.

Members who have read this thread: 0