Ditched the TFR, having an Affair with the FR- Mtbr.com
    "Its All Good"

Ditched the TFR, having an Affair with the FR

Decided my fling with the TFR had gone on long enough.....

So re built up the FR today.... It got a very good work over, shock removed and cleaned, disk rotors cleaned etc etc etc....

Was great to have a fondle of the FR, missed her. She is still as sexy as....

A few new bits on her. Put on my spare saddle, other one was ripped, it has had a thrashing. Put a new handlebar on, the Monkey Lite has done a fair few years, so thought I would change, have gone to an Easton EC70 bar, it is flatter so will be interesting to see how I like it......

Put a Mountain King UST 2.4 tyre on too, but couldnt seal it, man alive it was a biatch to remove, went back to my faithful Nobby Nic....

Took the stickers of the rear rim, bit of rubbing etc... Need to do the front.....

Still is lighter than the TFR by 10lbs... Yeah ha

So all and all, looking forward to a ride tomorrow... Have the flu and am not the best health wise, but gotta get a spin in....

Few shots in case you had forgotten what she looks like........

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

steep fast and loose :)
    jeezuz - those bars have some forward rotation

still loving the urban dizzy

gotta have that next

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Very, very nice bike!

mtbr member
    Yea still love mine ... needs a good strip down after 18 month with very little love Still; running strong and a much better bike than I am rider.

"Its All Good"
    TLR - Yep, like some roll forward, used to be like that on my MotorX bike also..... Odd for some, but very much like it..... IN saying that though, will see how they go tomorrow.

Yes the dizzy urban camo is great in the flesh, great to have this built up again...

Karve - Mine to has had a beating for 18 months, it is still going real strong.......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Had a great ride today on the FR, I am fully clogged with the flu, ya know when you are coughing up that green stuff that is almost solid!

So was pretty weak really. But all the same, great to get out, was going nuts....

I have to say, I am happier back on the FR, I love the TFR, but the love is not worth 10 lbs if that makes sense...... The TFR feels more stable in the air than the FR, at the same time not saying the FR is scary or unstable......The bike being 10lbs lighter is very noticable.....

I am liking the flatter bars too, keeps the weight lower and forward...... Better cornering

All and all a great ride, am way tired now though...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The cow is liking that colour scheme.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    yeah...the cow is probably thinking: "I wonder if I can beat that tall dude and steal his ride" :P

Good to see the FR again, Whafe!

Members who have read this thread: 0