AC bushings help please!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2018

AC bushings help please!

Hello,

Im trying to source a replacement bushing kit for my 2013 helius AC, I've made numerous phone calls to ex distributors and stockists in the UK but no one seems to have stock.

I've emailed nicolai in Germany and they have provided a price for the kit plus tools. Seems pretty expensive so before I order im trying to find what i need in the UK to hopefully save a few quid!

Does anyone have part numbers etc or a listing of the bushings needed so I can source them locally? The info I've received from nicolai isn't very easy to follow.

They have listed aluminium hollow axles in the replacement kit, im a bit worried about the longevity of these, if upon disassembly my original axles are steel, would I be able to use them with the new bushings?

And finally the removal and re-fitting tools, are these essential for the job? I've emailed nicolai back to see if they can provide a price minus the tool costs.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

yet another stupid german
    Hi,

have you been able to sort things out? Normally you don't need the whole kit, The horst link bushings are the last to go, the main bushes at the swingarm the first... have you adjusted the bearings yet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I've got the whole kit in the end, nipped up the play in the main swingarm bushing which sorted it in the short term but think they are all due a replacement, original bushings/axles in the five year old frame.

yet another stupid german
    probably the best move... actually 5 years is pretty good, most other bike makes with standard, sometimes teeny-tiny, ball bearings won't last half that...