Wawayanda Race Map- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

Wawayanda Race Map

Attached is the race map for Campmor H2H Race #1 at Wawayanda State Park.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    is the course marked already and would someone who's never been to waywayanda be able to ride it this weekend without getting lost?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    follow the map. its not marked yet but they are blazed trails off of the state's map

mtbr member
    Looks like a great set up for the race - I especially like all the rock riding at the end!

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldork
    is the course marked already and would someone who's never been to waywayanda be able to ride it this weekend without getting lost?
    no disrespect sounds like you dont know where to go LOL I remember back in the day when Ringwood race would change the course without us knowing it at all 1996.. damn it looks like you got it easy now just got to ride it.. oh yea they didnt have this race course its been in use for only a couple years now.. peace out we rode once together last year w/ morris velo sports team.. heads up >oh yea just u dont for get the bug spray killer flys

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikeman0565
    I'm glad I checked in here. I almost forgot about the spring cleaning race. Does anybody know the lengths of the loops? Im assuming it'll be the usual 1 loop for beginner 2 for sport and 3+ for above. Is there a page for all the details of the race? I didn't see it on the H2H Campmor page.

Ryan H.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Does anyone know if the bridge over the water near the barbwire fence (I hope that is clear) has been rebuilt since last summer. I know that during the fall the bridge was not in shape to ride over.
    I ride a singlespeed because it's harder.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Details of the race and of the series can be found on www.skylandscycling.com just click on the Wawayanda Spring Cleaning on the left side of the front page. From there you can link to series rules and schedule.

Some people can ride the rock bridge others just take it as a run through. The water level will be down for the race but it still may be a tough ride through.

mtbr member
    I was at Wawayanda Saturday and did some of the race loop and a bunch of other cool trails. It's in great condition and it seems like a lot of maintenance has gone on. Although some of the maintenance eliminated this one sweet technical section. But overall the people working the trails did a great job. I noticed the rock bridge by the beaver dam was made a little more friendly, although still pretty intimidating. I even saw someone finally ride the whole thing. It was an awesome day.

Oh and as a side note, I got my pre-registration done. I'll be there riding in the sport class next Sunday.

Ryan H.

Sep 2005
    that map is awful lol. how are the trails blazed? color? name?
    ive gotta pre-ride this course some time this week, but i have no clue where to go!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    that map is awful lol. how are the trails blazed? color? name?
    ive gotta pre-ride this course some time this week, but i have no clue where to go!
    Right now it's not really marked by much. Mostly by name according to the map. I can only tell where the race loop is on the map since I've been riding there forever. I'm sure they will mark it a lot better come race day. It looks like they are taking the normal race loop and working it backwards this year.

Ryan H.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Ryan you are correct it is similar to what was raced last year except it is shorter in that we are not going to the gasline this year.
    The course will be marked out sometime Friday.
    As for Jersey if you were to look at a State Park map the names of the trails in order are:
    out double pond, R on red dot, R on Cherry Ridge, L on old coal, R on white dot along lake lookout up the hill around the rock outcrop then R out white dot, R on cherry ridge around red gate, L on Laurel Pond, L on Southend to Wing Dam which takes you back to start/finish area.
    There were alot of people riding this past weekend and the course is getting pretty warn in.
    Just hope for good weather

Jeff S

mtbr member
    Ah, we're gonna use the new trail next to the lake...SWEET! I love that trail. Although I like cutting out to the gasline, I like the new addition. I'm going to ride the race loop friday and get an early game plan since I usually do most of those trails the opposite way.

Ryan H.

Ryan you are correct it is similar to what was raced last year except it is shorter in that we are not going to the gasline this year.
    As for Jersey if you were to look at a State Park map the names of the trails in order are:
    out double pond, R on red dot, R on Cherry Ridge, L on old coal, R on white dot along lake lookout up the hill around the rock outcrop then R out white dot, R on cherry ridge around red gate, L on Laurel Pond, L on Southend to Wing Dam which takes you back to start/finish area.
    There were alot of people riding this past weekend and the course is getting pretty warn in.

Jeff S

mtbr member

Jeff S
    Hopefully it's being marked sometime this morning or early afternoon. I'll be there around 4 to run the race loop and get a game plan going. I know all of the trails back there, I just wanna see for sure how this thing is going to be routed.

Ryan H.

mtbr member
    I rode the course today at around 3:30 and it was marked VERY well and it's an awesome course. If you're going to compete bring your legs and technical ability. I've never ridden the white trail by lake lookout. That's an awesome technical trail with some nice little leg burner hills in there. It should make for a great race, and a sweet loop for me to train on in the future. I'm racing sport so one lap was pretty good, it'll be fun to see how fresh I feel on the 2nd lap :-)

Ryan H.

Members who have read this thread: 0