Allamuchy Deer Park Road closed?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Allamuchy Deer Park Road closed?

I rode my bike yesterday to Allamuchy Deer Park, and the road leading to the parking area has all these signs indicating that it is a private road, that the state park is closed to the public due to funding etc. Doeas anyone know what is going on? I looked at the NJ DEP site and NJ State Park Police site but there is nothing on these sites, about this situation. One of the property owners int he area has even installed a camera to take pictures of anyone ignoring the signs.

So I don't know if this is someone just putting the signs up or if this is a real situation, due to funding shortages. If anyone knows any more details and could share, that would be great.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    So I called the State Police Barracks in Hope (908-459-5000) since they have jurisdiction over Allamuchy. The trooper stated that it "isn't listed as a private road" but couldn't verify if the park itself is open. I followed up with the Park Police Headquarters (609-292-4744) who stated that the park is open. I would recommend calling yourself to make sure you get the proper information as things might have changed or I may have been misinformed. With that being said, I will still be going there.

mtbr member
    The park is 100% open. The road is 100% open for public use. The new homeowner towards the end of Deer Park Road is making things challenging. He is putting up these signs in protest of something bigger. I was informed it was due to the town/state not addressing the current road condition, but that is not 100% confirmed as being accurate.

I live 2 minutes from Deer Park Road and help with the local JORBA chapter on trail maintenance, the park is 100% open. Go have some fun.
    Nothing really witty to say..........