where to ride in NM with only 4 days to ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

where to ride in NM with only 4 days to ride

looking to visit NM and hit up some trails, looking for more XC or enduro over dh. I prefer rockier terrain with technical climbs and drops and was looking at Otero canyon, and around the Albuquerque are but really could use some input on where to spend 4 days of riding.
    Last edited by natas1321; 1 Week Ago at 01:13 AM. Reason: mistake

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    You'll love Otero, there's miles and miles of trails that sound exactly like what you looking for. Oak Flats and Pine flats are cool too, but less technical. Those are really close to Otero but on the other side of South 14. White Mesa is a must do, its about an hour from Albuquerque. There's also lots of riding up around Santa Fe, I'm sure locals could point you in the right direction.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyguy19 View Post
    You'll love Otero, there's miles and miles of trails that sound exactly like what you looking for. Oak Flats and Pine flats are cool too, but less technical. Those are really close to Otero but on the other side of South 14. White Mesa is a must do, its about an hour from Albuquerque. There's also lots of riding up around Santa Fe, I'm sure locals could point you in the right direction.
    appreciate it, is there a optimal time to ride there in the up coming weeks or would it be pretty much the same? The heat is really not a factor as I live in TX and ride in 95F+ for several weeks each year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by natas1321 View Post
    appreciate it, is there a optimal time to ride there in the up coming weeks or would it be pretty much the same? The heat is really not a factor as I live in TX and ride in 95F+ for several weeks each year.
    As always earlier is better. But those riding areas are in the east mountains which are typically 5 to 10 degrees cooler than Albuquerque. We ride there a lot in the evenings after work as well.

White Mesa is north of Albuquerque. You'll want to plan on riding there as early as possible. There is no shade on the whole trail so heat can become a real issue there. Bring plenty of water. I do think this trail is worth the early rise and the drive.
    This video gives a great view of what its like including drone footage.

https://www.facebook.com/Photo.Gille...epa=SEARCH_BOX