TRAIL VANDALISM -Enlighten me....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

TRAIL VANDALISM -Enlighten me....

I went for a lovely evening ride after work today up Otero, and to my surprise a lot of the jumps were vandalized and torn down.

I'm somewhat new to the MTB scene(about 2.5+- years) and have grown to love all things about the sport.

Speaking to other riders along the trail, some are for progress(lets face it, bikes are getting gnarlier and more aggressive begging for a more challenging trail..) and others are complacent with its current state, which seems to be the major debate here on MTBR.

So, enlighten me. Please be civil, as I've seen a lot of ASS-HATTERY(new word?) when it comes to replying, -we're all past the middle school ages..

What? There's more?
    Building a feature on a public trail approved by the land management agency is fine, but building one because it looks like a good idea is vandalism. Not being judgmental, just stating fact.
    However, that doesn't begin to sort out Otero. If you're talking features, you are likely trespassing. Again, not judging, just saying what we all know. So there is no established protocol for building features or tearing them down on land you shouldn't be on anyway. IMBA would say we shouldn't be there. The features that appear in Otero always elicit a response, love or hate. I find them entertaining, sometimes frightening, changing, but never impeding, if I choose not to ride them. Others find the existence of features offensive. The fundamentalist, prohibitionist mindset has always baffled me. But it didn't start with mountain bikes. I'm not saying that tearing down features you don't like is the same as the Islamic State blowing up Buddhist Shrines, just that it must be from the same part of the brain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrebyter View Post
    Building a feature on a public trail approved by the land management agency is fine, but building one because it looks like a good idea is vandalism. Not being judgmental, just stating fact.
    However, that doesn't begin to sort out Otero. If you're talking features, you are likely trespassing. Again, not judging, just saying what we all know. So there is no established protocol for building features or tearing them down on land you shouldn't be on anyway. IMBA would say we shouldn't be there. The features that appear in Otero always elicit a response, love or hate. I find them entertaining, sometimes frightening, changing, but never impeding, if I choose not to ride them. Others find the existence of features offensive. The fundamentalist, prohibitionist mindset has always baffled me. But it didn't start with mountain bikes. I'm not saying that tearing down features you don't like is the same as the Islamic State blowing up Buddhist Shrines, just that it must be from the same part of the brain.
    Thanks for the info man!

Makes you wonder though, if Otero truly is 'OFF-LIMITS' and a Purist of sorts destructs said offensive features, -what is he/she doing there in the first place? Would it not entail subjecting their own rule book by riding there?

But to give credit where credit is due; at the least these people are doing something about the trail.

I hear a lot of lip service..... 'they should do this', 'why the hell did they do this', 'I wish they'd just'.... and the list goes on and on, but when trail days come up its only the same handful of volunteers and not those who are very opinionated.

Again, I am new to the scene and know not the politics nor cliques involved, seeing things through a non biased point of view. So if you see me out there riding illegally up Otero, say HI! I've met some of you at the last Banduro-Race and all the Trail Building days.(I'm the dude who takes all the kids and puts them to work..)

tyrebyter, thanks for chiming in! (0;

What? There's more?
    I was at the first Banduro, and I'll be at the next. Upper Otero is a social experiment.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hey man, we've met. Things get built in Otero, and things get torn down. That's just how it is. Gives you more motivation to "Hit that $hit" while it still exists. I agree with everything tyrebyter said in #2, except for his mention of that association that isn't even worth mentioning (don't get me started).

My buddies and I are of the opinion that building stuff is fine, destroying stuff is not. New features don't ruin anyone's day, they can always ride around.

I'm getting angry already, why do I come here..?

Stucco Bucket
    A lot of the stuff up there was built for ones personal, selfish ego. Others take offense to that and tear it out for spite. Really thats it, no other deep thoughts with Jack Handy, or zen sh1t.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelldify View Post
    Hey man, we've met. Things get built in Otero, and things get torn down. That's just how it is. Gives you more motivation to "Hit that $hit" while it still exists. I agree with everything tyrebyter said in #2, except for his mention of that association that isn't even worth mentioning (don't get me started).

My buddies and I are of the opinion that building stuff is fine, destroying stuff is not. New features don't ruin anyone's day, they can always ride around.

I'm getting angry already, why do I come here..?
    Agreed man, I'm one that enjoys the features. When I started riding I didn't hit any of them, simply rode along side the trail as they didn't prohibit my path.

As time went on, they were a nice reminder or motivation so to speak to me and wanting to better my style of riding. I'm not 100% on everything but know I will here soon. A lot of good riders up here I look up to. 👍🏼

What's your name, I'm bad with these forum names. I'm Carlos btw.

mtbr member
    That's a simple explanation. Did Voldemort build them solo, ride them solo, and everyone else was pissed off about the situation, and tore them out?
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    That's a simple explanation. Did Voldemort build them solo, ride them solo, and everyone else was pissed off about the situation, and tore them out?
    Yea pretty much Voldemort.
    Everyone I know personally likes the features, except for one or two, and the dodge truck guy, Sappy.

What? There's more?
    Some anger issues? Whoops, there I go being all Zen and sh1t.

Stucco Bucket
    Some anger issues? Whoops, there I go being all Zen and sh1t.
    With me? no. Im not angry. Someone started a thread about why the vandalism happens. I havent taken a side with the building or the destruction of trail features. Im only explaining why its happening. You think its the FS or some Special Ops on a covert mission? No, its someone whos pissed off that one person has decided whats happening in Otero.
    I dont really care what your messiah does up there.

Always klingin on

Arguing on the internet

Some things change, some things stay the same

TRAIL VANDALISM  -Enlighten me....-bah.jpg

Stucco Bucket
    tru dat boo boo

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandy_McNugget View Post
    Some things change, some things stay the same

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bah.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	1096320
    Is he back???

Some day the friggin' tree on Tio Juanito is going down... yeah. call me a sanitizer!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

What? There's more?
    The word is 'vandal'.

High Alpine Adventure
    The word is 'vandal'.
    I prefer "lumberjack"!
    Dug-Da-Goat

What? There's more?
    That's because you have a sense of humor. I did not realize that was allowed here.
    See below.
    Last edited by tyrebyter; 09-28-2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: ...

Stucco Bucket
    At least the tree on Tia Juanita isnt going to be missed. Really isnt passable with bars these days. The tree on 3Bs though, that Voldemort decided shouldnt be there was a doable obstacle. Now theres more brap.

mtbr member
    One person may have built the stuff but LOTS of people hit that $h!t. Yourself included. And one person decided that no one is allowed to hit that $h!t. I've seen stuff I don't like. Never thought I should tear anything out. Pisses me off that this pathetic person decided I can no longer hit it.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

Stucco Bucket
    I agree Steve. It sucks when stuff I like is torn out. It feels like a pissing match. Why do you think its getting vandalized, Steve?

mtbr member
    I think two reasons. One- Personal grudge. Screw everyone else to satisfy a personal issue. Two- An ass that thinks they know better what you and I should hit.

mtbr member
    Why is this fellow Brian always alone in his MTB pics?

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatland_Yard View Post
    Why is this fellow Brian always alone in his MTB pics?
    Brian who? >;o)>
    Dug-Da-Goat

mtbr member
    With a Y
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    With a Y
    Ohhh, that guy!
    Dug-Da-Goat

mtbr member
    Hey Otero trail vandal, I'm calling you out for the trail ____ that you are. Or the two of you are. I have seen lots of things on trails in lots of places that I don't or can't ride. When I could I told my concerns to that person or persons. Not one time have I ridden past something I don't ride and thought that I should tear it out. Doesn't matter about anybody else. I just want to be selfish. Pathetic to say the least. Why don't you come out to a trail work day and be productive?

mtbr member
    I wonder if someone else started building and re-building said features, would the vandal stop tearing them down? I mean, isn't it personal?

And if it helps any, I've got a hand in it as well. Maybe only tear down half? I'm trying to negotiate here.

But as Steve says; come out and join us for trail days! It's structured. 😊

Stucco Bucket
    trail vandal probably thinks someone else is the trail vandal, and hes fixing.
    Right trail vandal?

mtbr member
    Steal his bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
    trail vandal probably thinks someone else is the trail vandal, and hes fixing.
    Right trail vandal?
    I guess perception is everything, right?

Either way, I'd imagine a much larger majority of riders see those tearing down features as the Vandals, much more than those who think building is vandalism.

mtbr member
    This morning when I took my two younger boys riding, what upset me the most was the look their faces when they saw the destruction.

We took to the time from our ride to remove the large rocks the 'vandals' left carelessly on the actual trail itself.

It became apparent that they care not the well being of other riders, by leaving a dangerous mess on the main trail where someone coming down at fast speeds can hurt themselves by crashing into or trying to maneuver around them.

My younger boy Logan(9 years of age), said 'dad, why would someone do this?? I've been practicing on them forever!'

Mind you he can't hit all the features but the littler ones he has so much fun on!! You'll find us up there on a lazy Sunday evening sessioning the jumps as I sit back and watch them have fun.

And this is where I get really upset! Some vindictive son of a bit€h isn't only taking away from those he/she wants to directly upset, but rather some young boys who love going up there every weekend!!

Mountain Biking is evolving, bikes are getting gnarlier, people are pushing themselves further on 2 wheels. If you decide to keep your flip-phone, don't hate those that prefer a smart-phone..(analogy)

And a few last words from a 9 & 11 year old boy, 'why can't you just let us have fun?'

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeBrake View Post
    This morning when I took my two younger boys riding, what upset me the most was the look their faces when they saw the destruction.

We took to the time from our ride to remove the large rocks the 'vandals' left carelessly on the actual trail itself.

It became apparent that they care not the well being of other riders, by leaving a dangerous mess on the main trail where someone coming down at fast speeds can hurt themselves by crashing into or trying to maneuver around them.

My younger boy Logan(9 years of age), said 'dad, why would someone do this?? I've been practicing on them forever!'

Mind you he can't hit all the features but the littler ones he has so much fun on!! You'll find us up there on a lazy Sunday evening sessioning the jumps as I sit back and watch them have fun.

And this is where I get really upset! Some vindictive son of a bit€h isn't only taking away from those he/she wants to directly upset, but rather some young boys who love going up there every weekend!!

Mountain Biking is evolving, bikes are getting gnarlier, people are pushing themselves further on 2 wheels. If you decide to keep your flip-phone, don't hate those that prefer a smart-phone..(analogy)

And a few last words from a 9 & 11 year old boy, 'why can't you just let us have fun?'
    Keep in mind where youre with your young kids.. Clearly the vandals dont care about other riders. But ask Kerry what his thoughts would be on someone building unauthorized 10ft doubles on legit trails.
    This is a personal pissing match, and all riders in otero are affected. So whos gonna back down?

mtbr member
    Keep in mind where youre with your young kids.. Clearly the vandals dont care about other riders. But ask Kerry what his thoughts would be on someone building unauthorized 10ft doubles on legit trails.
    This is a personal pissing match, and all riders in otero are affected. So whos gonna back down?
    Lets see Aaron. You liked to hit those as much as lots of other people. Glad you got your personal dig in again. That seem to be more important to you.

mtbr member
    Yeah I was out there yesterday and saw all the new destruction. Has anyone tried to talk with this guy whoever he is. It is getting ridiculous now. I have read on here that it's personal, maybe someone not involved thus far could have a frank discussion with him, them?

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by schmittypods View Post
    Yeah I was out there yesterday and saw all the new destruction. Has anyone tried to talk with this guy whoever he is. It is getting ridiculous now. I have read on here that it's personal, maybe someone not involved thus far could have a frank discussion with him, them?
    valid point. I think the only dialogue has been a yelling match. And it may not even be the same fellow.

mtbr member
    valid point. I think the only dialogue has been a yelling match. And it may not even be the same fellow.
    It is always difficult when two passionate people or groups of people are on opposite sides of an issue. If the person who is taking down the features could message me, maybe we can figure something out, maybe not, but the current state of it seems to be a giant waste of both sides time, and a waste of some really fun trail features.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Cool-blue Rhythm Brighten your day!

I'm pretty sure it's one of them there Bandroneos. I know most of them were either at The Ale Republic or AngelFire over the weekend but they're squirrely. I remember running into one of them last year about this time and posted about it - Otero Trolls, Gnomes and Vandals- Mtbr.com

Such fine upstanding people in the community...

Name:  1007316d1439145191t-otero-trolls-gnomes-vandals-20150808_155520.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  70.1 KB
    Name:  1007317d1439145192t-otero-trolls-gnomes-vandals-20150808_155540.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  59.8 KB
    Name:  1007318d1439145193t-otero-trolls-gnomes-vandals-20150808_155616.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  60.2 KB
    If somebody doesn't understand your sarcasm, you're just not using enough

Stucco Bucket
    that there is sappy. but the garden gnome that made this video is still a mystery.
    Not even sure he's the one thats still doing it, but he was originally. Seems by his body language that hes totally approachable..
    On that note, has anyone tried negotiating with Voldemort? Im sure he's totally open for suggestions on his trail.

mtbr member
    So you're telling me there's a chance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stucco Bucket
    Wow. Even troll trail got hit.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    Lets see Aaron. You liked to hit those as much as lots of other people. Glad you got your personal dig in again. That seem to be more important to you.
    Fukin' Bando's.... errrr I mean Vandal's.... You guys ever think that maybe Kerry and his crew are tearing this stuff out?
    Dug-Da-Goat

Bandolero

Idea! Tell Em Billy!

Have you ever built a trail or a re-route? Do you even enduro?

You, of all people, know how much effort it would take a crew to eliminate a user-built trail/feature. I know you're playing devils advocate but that statement is nowhere near reality.

TRAIL VANDALISM  -Enlighten me....-d5e713e73c68e77c27df4728b040650a.png
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob View Post
    Have you ever built a trail or a re-route? Do you even enduro?

You, of all people, know how much effort it would take a crew to eliminate a user-built trail/feature. I know you're playing devils advocate but that statement is nowhere near reality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d5e713e73c68e77c27df4728b040650a.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	272.6 KB 
ID:	1100840
    Ahhhh, comon Bruce... was it really THAT bad? OK, how's this for a conspiracy theory... Aaron is the one doing this to set up Bry... I know what's going on now!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Stucco Bucket
    Im ok with that. Takes a really retarded post to bring notaknob back. congrats Billy.
    I will wait for the threatening text messages once Bryan wakes up at about 10

What? There's more?
    Wow. Trail is totally hosed today. Forget all the theoretical motives. This is just wanton destruction. No moral authority, no altruism. Just some loser in need of a different hobby. Hard to imaging that much mayhem and nobody's seen him.

mtbr member
    Went this morning to check out the carnage. Can't believe someone with so much hate would destroy the trails and make them look worse then they have ever been! I can understand you don't want people building crazy features but everything you destroyed was tastefully done and didn't pose any danger. I'm confused why this clown wanted to destroy jumps but didn't bother to touch logs or rocks that were in the way. I also don't understand who built that new trail that goes absolutely no where right below that little jump line. Now that kind of trail building is stupid and pointless! Building a trail that's right next to a trail that's perfectly capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    ...I also don't understand who built that new trail that goes absolutely no where right below that little jump line. Now that kind of trail building is stupid and pointless! Building a trail that's right next to a trail that's perfectly capable....
    Ohhhh, that sounds like Bryan!!! >;o)>
    Dug-Da-Goat

mtbr member
    Bryans name gets tossed around here a lot, some good some bad, so I guess I'll jump on that wagon for a bit.

I met the dude last year for the BANDURO race and have been riding/building with him since. Cool son of a ***** I might add! This isn't a plug of any, just me adding my two cents about the guy.

He is well known around these woods, but at the least there's transparency there when it comes to knowing who's adding killer features most everyone uses.

A question arose asking; what's the diffferemce between what he builds and what the vandals tear down??? Aren't they both doing destruction? The difference is everyone knows who's building the features, but the Pu$$ie Mother Effers tearing them down hide like cowards. If they're both just as bad, why should the vandals hide?? Because they/we know it's wrong.

This post stems from another 'illegal' ride I did this morning with my boys again. So frustrating seeing what's going on up there! I spoke to no less than 10 riders today who all felt the same about the destruction! I just wish whomever these cowards are would simply cease or come forward and explain themselves rather than hide. Just like Bryan, I talk to a lot of cool dudes up there! Such a great vibe from other riders, whom see MTBing as a sort of release from the day to day rat race. It's a shame people with shitty personal life's at home bring that up with them to the mountains and try to make everyone else's life's similar by destroying trails.

mtbr member
    And one last note:

We'll be meeting at the Ranger Station by 9am tomorrow for the last scheduled Trail Day, come out and help!!!

Buh-Buy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeBrake View Post
    Bryans name gets tossed around here a lot, some good some bad, so I guess I'll jump on that wagon for a bit.

I met the dude last year for the BANDURO race and have been riding/building with him since. Cool son of a ***** I might add! This isn't a plug of any, just me adding my two cents about the guy.

He is well known around these woods, but at the least there's transparency there when it comes to knowing who's adding killer features most everyone uses.

A question arose asking; what's the diffferemce between what he builds and what the vandals tear down??? Aren't they both doing destruction? The difference is everyone knows who's building the features, but the Pu$$ie Mother Effers tearing them down hide like cowards. If they're both just as bad, why should the vandals hide?? Because they/we know it's wrong.

This post stems from another 'illegal' ride I did this morning with my boys again. So frustrating seeing what's going on up there! I spoke to no less than 10 riders today who all felt the same about the destruction! I just wish whomever these cowards are would simply cease or come forward and explain themselves rather than hide. Just like Bryan, I talk to a lot of cool dudes up there! Such a great vibe from other riders, whom see MTBing as a sort of release from the day to day rat race. It's a shame people with shitty personal life's at home bring that up with them to the mountains and try to make everyone else's life's similar by destroying trails.
    There seems to be lots of haters that CRY about the trail but do NOTHING to help build trails. Today for example, 3 of us and Kerry for the trail day. Not one person that cries about the things on the trail showed up to help build, not one. Actually, none of them have came out to help all summer or last. You have no room to cry about anything on the trail if you can't even come out for one trail day. And a person that hides while destroying trail is a pretty PATHETIC PERSON. Bad karma will come back and get someone like you.

What? There's more?
    12 folks today. Stumps are slow work. Think backhoe.

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat View Post
    Ahhhh, comon Bruce... was it really THAT bad? OK, how's this for a conspiracy theory... Aaron is the one doing this to set up Bry... I know what's going on now!
    Its official, Ive been accused of being the trail vandal by voldemort himself.

mtbr member
    Fukin goats..... errrr I mean DaScreamer.... The guy that likes to blame Bandoleros for crap he knows nothing about. Stuck on Bandos again. Living in the past there Goat. Bando's haven't been together as a group for a while now. If you have a problem with particular people, say who you are talking about. Don't hide behind this Bando thing you have. Pathetic at best. I think deep down that you wanted to be a Bandolero.

mtbr member
    Its official, Ive been accused of being the trail vandal by voldemort himself.
    I told you not to look the goat in the eyes. Being accused by the goat is a badge of honor.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    I told you not to look the goat in the eyes. Being accused by the goat is a badge of honor.
    Got that right... paint 'em with a brush!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by mudblood View Post
    Might not be "the vandal," but vandal just the same.

At the very least, I'd consider you an "accessory"...like a fake Gucci bag. lol
    Hey Voldemort is back, for a while..

What? There's more?
    I'm all for getting trails out of drainage. There's a lot more that needs re-routing for that criterion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mudblood View Post
    PS: Sandy is out of town for the winter.

So, whatever gets rebuilt will likely survive until he gets back in early summer, give or take a booter or two, riiiiight?

"if you see something, say something."
    If you see something torn down, help build it back up. I would talk shit but I can't cuz I have fun on those features. Everybody, just move one rock back per passing and it should be rideable and fun again quickly... like a toll to cross. Otero is boring as shit without features to have fun on especially at times pedaling down.

How about we all be cool on trail and put personal shit aside. Take care of it mono a mano. No drama shit. If said person is known, said person should be brought out.

I have a feeling it wasn't "Sappy" destroying pickit but someone else with a point to prove...strange psychology work there.
    Last edited by F.N.G; 11-07-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Stucco Bucket
    Since youre still reading this Bryan, youre always pointing the finger at what others are doing. But it seems these features are getting destroyed because people dont like you. Maybe its not everyone else...
    When people tell you they dont like a feature, you tell them (4 people at least) that they just need to learn how to ride. Maybe it isnt everyone else.

I dont appreciate you implicating me in the destruction of these features. You and everyone Ive ridden with for any period of time know I wouldnt do that. So dont tarnish my name.

Man up

mtbr member
    Since youre still reading this Bryan, youre always pointing the finger at what others are doing. But it seems these features are getting destroyed because people dont like you. Maybe its not everyone else...
    When people tell you they dont like a feature, you tell them (4 people at least) that they just need to learn how to ride. Maybe it isnt everyone else.

I dont appreciate you implicating me in the destruction of these features. You and everyone Ive ridden with for any period of time know I wouldnt do that. So dont tarnish my name.

Man up
    Who cares, there's obviously wild speculation about this and anyone that could be considered a friend would have the decency to ask you specifically instead of riding away with the accusations.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

What? There's more?
    So 1) the Anointed One (AKA Sappy) is out of town, 2) the jumps on B-Flow were targeted (not Sappy's M.O. anyway), 3) Owl is still whining. Conclusions? Anyone? Nothing?

High Alpine Adventure
    Since you're still reading this Bryan, you're always pointing the finger at what others are doing. But it seems these features are getting destroyed because people dont like you. Maybe its not everyone else...

I don't appreciate you implicating me in the destruction of these features. You and everyone I've ridden with for any period of time know I wouldn't do that. So don't tarnish my name.

Man up
    I like Bryan... but now I see what's going on, Aaron accused Bryan of destroying the Otero Fun Factory and now Bryan is back to accuse Aaron...

Man I love this place! And it isn't even winter yet... but yes Winter is coming and the night is dark and full of Terrors!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Stucco Bucket
    I like Bryan... but now I see what's going on, Aaron accused Bryan of destroying the Otero Fun Factory and now Bryan is back to accuse Aaron...

Man I love this place! And it isn't even winter yet... but yes Winter is coming and the night is dark and full of Terrors!
    youre burnt, dude. totally checked out. babbling ******** nonsense

What? There's more?
    What's not to love?

mtbr member
    So this POS, scum, lowlife is now leaving things so as to purposely do harm to riders. This scum has to be stopped NOW! We need to find who this COWARD is and send a serious message. And if you approve of this POS trying to hurt someone, you are no better.

Stucco Bucket
    Maybe its not a biker. And maybe it is the base or FS or pissed off hiker/neighbor. It takes pretty much the same amount of effort to tear things out like how its been done as it does to put them up in the first place. (sorry for the run-on sentence).
    He or them are carrying huge boulders away from the features. Even that lame rock drop at the tip top of otero proper got torn out. that thing has been there for like 10 years and its no higher than a curb.

mtbr member
    Maybe its not a biker. And maybe it is the base or FS or pissed off hiker/neighbor. It takes pretty much the same amount of effort to tear things out like how its been done as it does to put them up in the first place. (sorry for the run-on sentence).
    He or them are carrying huge boulders away from the features. Even that lame rock drop at the tip top of otero proper got torn out. that thing has been there for like 10 years and its no higher than a curb.
    From what I understand, lots of bike shoe prints left behind. Things done in blind spots purposely there to cause injury. Very sick person!

mtbr member
    Are the game cams in the wrong spot?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Don't know about game cams. Did you see bloodline?

mtbr member
    I've been out of town, is it pretty bad?

mtbr member
    I've been out of town, is it pretty bad?
    Extreamly, The coward is purposly doing things in spots to hurt someone.

mtbr member
    What would you do with the footage from game cams? The last person was caught on cell phone cam and nothing happened.

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    What would you do with the footage from game cams? The last person was caught on cell phone cam and nothing happened.
    Voldemort put a game cam up to catch the "vandals" but he put it in the wrong spot. All it recorded was people maintaining and fixing broken segments.

mtbr member
    Well, aside from that being funny..., what would he do with footage? Just post it up to let us all know whom to look out for? I mean, there was the cell phone footage posted last year and again on this thread and even the description of his vehicle. Looks like that didn't stop him unless its another enemy. Why didn't he give him an ass kicking that day?

Stucco Bucket
    The game cam is funny because it was more for personal reasons, than community reasons.

the filmer probably isnt capable of an ass whooping on that big fella. Im guessing.
    I dont think its the same guy here. Pretty sure this is something else. It would be nice to have a little face time with the persons doing this. Id love to know

mtbr member
    The game cam is funny because it was more for personal reasons, than community reasons.

the filmer probably isnt capable of an ass whooping on that big fella. Im guessing.
    I dont think its the same guy here. Pretty sure this is something else. It would be nice to have a little face time with the persons doing this. Id love to know
    Lol...well here's hoping for some successful game camming!

High Alpine Adventure
    Even that lame rock drop at the tip top of otero proper got torn out. that thing has been there for like 10 years and its no higher than a curb.
    Hey, I was working up to that feature!!!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Stucco Bucket
    Hey, I was working up to that feature!!!
    that would be kinda funny, if you hit anything up there...

So I came across branches in the trail and one row of strung up barbed wire on the southeast side of Placitas today.

Are they legitimately closing off that part of the trail, or is something shady going on? The fencing looked kind of official, but no signage or warning or anything else.

What? There's more?
    So, organizing a trail day for a poached trail is probably a bad idea, huh?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Someone has also been placing rocks and debris in select locations on blue ribbon, Gnasty, and other spots. I also found a small log with a large spike driven through it placed on the back side of a small kicker in upper Otero. I threw it into the woods, but someone is definitely trying to cause harm. Be careful out there.
    Don't hate me because I'm Ti

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky dick View Post
    Someone has also been placing rocks and debris in select locations on blue ribbon, Gnasty, and other spots. I also found a small log with a large spike driven through it placed on the back side of a small kicker in upper Otero. I threw it into the woods, but someone is definitely trying to cause harm. Be careful out there.
    Thanks for letting us know. This person has some serious issues and needs to be caught ASAP. If anyone sees anything like this on Forest Service trails should take pics and report it to the Tijeras Ranger Station. It is a criminal act to booby trap trails. The last thing we want is for someone to get hurt before we find this sick person. Starting to feel like I have to carry personal protection on our trails for the first time. We are the ones that have to catch this a$$. Careful out there for sure.