Three Bottles vandalisn and theft.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Three Bottles vandalisn and theft.

While walking 3-Bs last week with Kerry there are a couple of things were found. First, the large Three Bottles Advanced Trail sign at the north end of 3-Bs has been stolen. Gone! That sign was pretty expensive. And there is some intentional damage in some of the rock work on the extension. We have a feeling it was done by one of the adjacent land owners. Probably the same one that keeps taking down the flagging on the trail for the last few years. And the big original wooden sigh at the South end of the trail which was taken a few years ago and was found recently stashed in the woods. If you would, keep an eye out for the sign. It is probably stashed out in the woods near by as well. Also noticing some chunk being dug out in a couple of places on the original trail. This was done by riders. If you can't ride it, get off and walk. Don't remove rocks from the trail. Sanitizers will be strung up if caught. We are not the foothills.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    Invest in an inexpensive trail cam.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Invest in an inexpensive trail cam.
    FS is probably going to put out some of theirs. It is a federal crime to steal federal property. I hope they get caught.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDude View Post
    When I rode 3b's extension I didn't notice much of anything except a few of the little booters got kicked down. They weren't very well constructed, anyway.

I would not assume that you know who is doing what, unless you catch them in the act. Do we really want FS to install trail cams in our forest? I used a trail cam for a while, but I felt weird looking at regular people who didn't know they were being watched. The problem is that trail cams have a dragnet affect. You may never catch the person you are looking for. It's just the way it is.

I admit that I opened up (thinned and widened) a few corridors on 3b's, and kicked out a few of the loose rocks. Go ahead and string me up. I'm used to it.
    The rocks I was talking about were dug out. Not loose rocks. The damage to the extension looked very intentional to me and Kerry not booters. The trail cams up to the FS. It was their sign stolen. Not the ones we bought. Their cams. Still pretty sure it was an adjacent land owner as it was before. Contact was made with that owner before about the previous issues. More interested in just getting the sign found and back up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    FS is probably going to put out some of theirs. It is a federal crime to steal federal property. I hope they get caught.
    May not be good practice telling the world there could be cameras out there. Sort of tells people to carefully look for cams before starting anything nefarious...

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDude View Post
    I pulled two of them out while I was trimming the trees. One a moto had already kicked up, and the other was just being a nuisance.
    Sanitizer! Sanitizer! Sanitizer!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB