Three Bottles Flow Trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Three Bottles Flow Trail

The Three Bottles Flow Trail is open. Still has some fine tuning to do but it is open all the way through to the junction of Blue Ribbon and Gnasty Wag. More of a flowish than flow. It is a one way trail from Three Bottles Advanced Trail down . Get out on it and help pack the new stuff in. The more it gets ridden the better it will ride. See you on the trail.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    The Three Bottles Flow Trail is open. Still has some fine tuning to do but it is open all the way through to the junction of Blue Ribbon and Gnasty Wag. More of a flowish than flow. It is a one way trail from Three Bottles Advanced Trail down . Get out on it and help pack the new stuff in. The more it gets ridden the better it will ride. See you on the trail.
    Great job! So glad it got finished today. Thanks for all your energy and effort on this!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    It's just a flesh wound!

High Alpine Adventure
    Agreed, good job Steve in getting this put in! When I rode the unfinished section last year, it was evident that this would be one of the top implementations of a true "flow trail" in the area... it ranks right up there with Golden Eagle! Thanks to all who helped out!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'll echo Steve that it's really more "flowish" than Flow. A few fine tunes will be a final go through cutting back vegetation to widen the corridor to make maintaining speed as easy as possible. On a related note and different from the rest of the trails we made efforts to smooth this trail to again keep things as fast as possible. We'll need to do further smoothing to encourage speed as the trail beds in.

In the out years, we'll be returning to the tech section of Three Bottles to further build out the tech lines, more drops, rollers and some wooden features.

Many thanks to Steve on pushing this project and to the tireless volunteers, many of whom were there most if not all the weekends making this happen!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed that I wasn't at either trail day this weekend. I put a lot of thought into, and spent a lot of time discussing with my buddies, whether it was worth the effort or not, and ultimately I decided it wasn't. I get immensely more satisfaction from getting a couple guys together and building a new feature, or stopping for a little while during a ride to clear some trail. I can do it on my own time, I don't have to wear goddamn pants and boots (or a shirt :-)), and I know it's something I want to ride. It's also satisfying to know that my tax dollars didn't go into weeks worth of planning to make it happen.

No offense, Kerry. I consider you a friend, and you've done great things for the riding here in ABQ, and I hope you to continue to. Any new trail is good for everyone. But the trails are getting easier and easier, while our skills and bikes are getting better and better.

We just need more challenges, and it seems like the only way to make that happen is to do it ourselves. Every time I see a sanitized section of trail, especially when it's sanctioned by the FS, I feel more strongly that I'm doing the right thing.

mtbr member
    Hey Dan,
    I totally understand your frustration with lack of technical trails. That's why I got involved with the Three Bottles Advanced Trail. So we could have our gnar and keep it to. I think we did a pretty good job of doing that. Especially since it was a first around here. That's a pretty good first step for the FS I thought. And I have a promise to add more features in there and other areas near Cedro as well. And sure as hell better than a rerouted 3-Bs with no tec. In the Flow Trail area we ran out of the good rock and chunk. Thus the Flow-ish Trail. Something for everyone. It sure won't all come at one time. I personally want to thank you for all your time that you did put into this project. And it was a bunch. Thanks to everyone that put any time in on this project from the first day to the finish. Weather it was one day or a bunch. THANKS!!!
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    Rode it for the first time on Friday and really enjoyed it! Let me echo the huge thank you to Steve and everyone else who worked on this trail. I was out there for a couple work days in 2016 but didn't make the last few or the final push...something about having little ones at home.

Anyhow, when this thing gets all the way packed in, it's going to be pretty special.

Thanks again!
    2016 Ibis Mojo 3 (for the chunk)
    2017 Trek Domane (for the road)
    2017 Nimble 9 SS (for the suffering)

Stucco Bucket
    Pat I hope you found the hanger?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Whether flow or "flowish", it is another great step forward in the ABQ mountain biking trail quiver. I doubt if Santa Fe has the variety we have in our backyard. A lot of work but really the worst part was the drive in. Plenty of stump-pulling and rock stacking with Notanob, not to mention working in tandem with the one and only Crapstick...

mtbr member
    Ha d a great time on it today! Definitely will be a super fun option once I get used to it and it gets bedded in a bit more. Thanks to all for all the work on this!
    It's just a flesh wound!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
    Pat I hope you found the hanger?
    Not yet...was on a time schedule and not able to go that way. I definitely haven't forgotten about it. Thanks again!
    2016 Ibis Mojo 3 (for the chunk)
    2017 Trek Domane (for the road)
    2017 Nimble 9 SS (for the suffering)

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Got a chance to ride it yesterday, very nice! That one booter near the top... good gravy, gonna have to steer clear of that one for a while! Still some soft spots, if it looks soft, it IS! Ask me how I know...

CoolArrow
    Got to ride it yesterday finally. Surprised, I thought I'd have to pedal a bit more, nicely routed - pedaling is kept down pretty good.

Great options in there for air, especially dig the angled rock lips here and there - and really dig the berms/turns.

It's a great contrast to the main or original section - once this is bedded in, it should run very fast.

Three Bottles Flow Trail-gopr1513-6-2.jpg
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hopefully a rainy week coming up. Should help pack it in.