Three Bottles damage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Three Bottles damage

I have to say that I am very disappointed with the damage done to Three Bottles during the mastication. Seems pretty careless of their part and could have been avoided. They have done a lot of hand cutting in other areas. I thought that they were going to do there by the trail. I guess not. What's your thoughts?
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    I was just up there. A little messy. I was mostly concerned about a tire puncture with all the chop.
    The Dude abides.

mtbr member
    I'm not going to diminish your thoughts Steve but I'd point out up to that one spot they'd done pretty good. Somehow their gps of the trail wasn't lined up. When the operator realized what they'd done, they let us know and tried to "fix" it. They felt bad and with what time we've had along with everything else including days of Rx burning, headed out there to get it back in order.

Again, not excusing it but believe me when I say there are many contractors who'd rip it over and not pay any mind. Further, I've worked on districts where the forester didn't give a shit about trails and I was picking up after their messes over and over. Gotta give us a little slack, lots going on and very limited on staff - we're trying.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skerry00 View Post
    I'm not going to diminish your thoughts Steve but I'd point out up to that one spot they'd done pretty good. Somehow their gps of the trail wasn't lined up. When the operator realized what they'd done, they let us know and tried to "fix" it. They felt bad and with what time we've had along with everything else including days of Rx burning, headed out there to get it back in order.

Again, not excusing it but believe me when I say there are many contractors who'd rip it over and not pay any mind. Further, I've worked on districts where the forester didn't give a shit about trails and I was picking up after their messes over and over. Gotta give us a little slack, lots going on and very limited on staff - we're trying.
    I have to agree with you Kerry. I haden't been out there for a bit. It was more of the shock of the visual. I have to apologise. It was confined to the north end at the drop ledge. I cleaned that up where the drop and go around are good again. They really did a good job of leaving a corridor of trees along the trail. Thank you. For that big machine, thats pretty good. And I'll tell you, the residents up here are very appreciative of the thinning. It was so thick in there. What happened with the Doghead Firs could just as easily been right here. It may look stark right now but areas that were done a couple of years ago look great now.

mtbr member
    I heard that there might be some new vandalism and some signs gone on Three Bottles. Anyone seen any of this?

mtbr member
    Man, with over 90 days with no rain. things are so dry. If something doesn't change, we are in for trouble up here. There are already bad fire conditions here in the East Mountains. In Jan no less. This makes the masticating that was done so important. It will literally save homes up here. It looks rough now, but in just a couple of years it will full of grass and new growth. Just look at some of the areas that were done two years ago. They look great. Lets just hope for rain and snow. SOON!